It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON Website.. Not Found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

LMAOROF. Thanks

So I see MUFON still isn't up? What's up with that?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
They're about to be bombarded by sightings.
Or is it something else....? (X-files song)

edit on 17-4-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Maybe this

MUFON problems

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nimes

Interesting. I wonder what is really going on?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nimes

hum... nice find. Sounds crazy

I wounder if they were close

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think that on a website like this usual server failure or error just doesn't explain things. Usually they fix those things in few hours. Looks like something bad is going on.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
MUFON Website STILL DOWN... I wonder what it can all mean?
I posted a comment on the facebook page.. and no reply... hmmm

I think something happened, and its not the server.

So what do you think happened?...........and why is it not the server?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Emailed MUFON headquarters six hours ago, inquiring about the website outage. I received a message from my ISP that it was undeliverable, after trying for four hours. The system will continue to try to deliver it periodically for five days, so I'll post here if I ever hear anything. I also found that the New York state chapter of MUFON can not be contacted through the usual contact link on its website. The national website is still down. My browser reports that it can not find the server, so its apparently been completely disconnected from the internet, rather than simply failing to respond. Curiouser and curiouser... Ross
edit on 17-4-2011 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
Emailed MUFON headquarters six hours ago, inquiring about the website outage. I received a message from my ISP that it was undeliverable, after trying for four hours. The system will continue to try to deliver it periodically for five days, so I'll post here if I ever hear anything. I also found that the New York state chapter of MUFON can not be contacted through the usual contact link on its website. The national website is still down. My browser reports that it can not find the server, so its apparently been completely disconnected from the internet, rather than simply failing to respond. Curiouser and curiouser... Ross
edit on 17-4-2011 by Ross 54 because: added information

wtf?! I want my Investigator membership fee back!!!

On a serious note though, it's very strange that MUFON has appeared to have completely disappeared.
Probably a server issue??....maybe??....scratches head

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens...keep us updated if you hear anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
National MUFON website and the chapters which link directly through it are still inaccessible. Made inquiry to Los Angeles chapter which has separate address, and so is still accessible. Heard back within three hours. They confirm that the National MUFON server was down over the weekend and could not be immediately repaired. They predict that it will be back up today. We shall see. They add that MUFON is seeking a new vendor and 'a hardened solution'. This last remark suggests the possibility that the site may have been subject to a cyber attack. Ross

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
MUFON back online

MUFON

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hey all, anyone else having problems with getting on the MUFON site?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Yes I have not been able to get on for a few days, I can still see the cms site but no new reportings on the 16th and blank ones from the 17th.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
no.... still down...

Looks like they have moved to a new server or just plain vanished.....

Someone needs to ask Dan Akroyd whats going on....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'm not a tin foil hat type but I just completely lost all of the work I put in on the Hill Star Map video. I was saving my work for the night when the video software I used crashed and a text file which refers to all of the media and where and when it is to play in the video was gone.

I go to my backups on two separate drives (same computer though
) and the same file is missing.

I had frequent crashes throughout the day which is why I made the backups.

Like I said, I doubt it is related. The only thing MUFON related that was in it was some stuff on Marjorie Fish's analysis of the map from their old journal which I had uploaded here on ATS:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Interesting!
And yeah MUFON is still down.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Starwise

Interesting!
And yeah MUFON is still down.

Its looking like 2 weeks of work just went down the drain. I ran some data recovery software to see if I could find the file in question and its gone. Amazing that it can't find a file that disappeared tonight but stuff I deleted years ago shows up. There's even stuff on the drive that was certainly not mine (previous owner I suppose) that is showing up, but one stinking file to get my video project to load is nowhere to be found.

Like I said, I'm a skeptic, and certainly not one of the woo woo crowd by any stretch but to have such a small file gone from both my hard drive and two backups I didn't touch today just does not sit well with me.

As for MUFON. As a previous member stated, I have no interest in joining its current incarnation, if they ever decide to become a science based organization again then count me interested but it tries to be too many things to too many people and ends up being none of them with any sort of credibility.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Back in the 90s MUFON was much more credible, and the friends I had that were field investigators actually did that...They investigated.

Sorry you lost all your work
That is a horrible feeling! I always write stuff on paper nowadays first, because it never fails that some how some way, all the hard work I had done will be lost.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Starwise

Back in the 90s MUFON was much more credible, and the friends I had that were field investigators actually did that...They investigated.

Imagine that!

I heard most of the serious people now work for Bigelow in some capacity so MUFON has been left to the woo crowd.

Sorry you lost all your work
That is a horrible feeling! I always write stuff on paper nowadays first, because it never fails that some how some way, all the hard work I had done will be lost.

Well the research work I did is all written out and printed (as well as uploaded here for safe keeping

The work I lost were video edits I made for the cool, educational video I was putting together on the Hill starmap.

If there is a silver lining it is that all of the media files still exist and are backed up. What took 2 weeks to organize will probably take a week or so to edit back together again. I will do that, I just don't know when now as my goal was to be done with it by Wednesday and I put off other things until after then (so life is gonna get real busy, real quick again.)

I promise I will finish it before years end and post it up here though!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

thesaneone
Hey all, anyone else having problems with getting on the MUFON site?

Is it down right now
MUFON is up and running just fine. If you can't get it ... it's a problem on your end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join