It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is USA food, milk & water safe to consume?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They've confirmed low radiation levels in California vegetables.

Is it safe to consume these products if you don't live in California? France just put out a warning...

The document, published on 7 April, advises against consuming rainwater and says vulnerable groups such as children and pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid consuming vegetables with large leaves, fresh milk and creamy cheese.

They say the risk is no longer negligible, and they also say the US has more radiation than them!

Data for the west coast of the United States, which received the Fukushima radioactive fallout 6-10 days before France, reveals that levels of radioactive iodine-131 concentration are 8-10 times higher there, the institute says.

So my question is, if France is getting radiated food and it's unsafe, does that mean it's unsafe all through-out the US? Is the radiation limited to California? I doubt it, since they saw radioactive rainwater in Massachusetts. What's the story? Are milk, vegetables, grass & the animals who eat it, now unsafe to eat?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
BAHAHAHA - flouride, GMO, Hormones ...

it wasnt safe BEFORE the Japan Nuke meltdown!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RADHESYAM
BAHAHAHA - flouride, GMO, Hormones ...

it wasnt safe BEFORE the Japan Nuke meltdown!!

True, and I tried avoiding those things. So if I need to avoid other stuff, I need to know what it is, and for how long to avoid it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think more and more "safe" is becoming a relative term. I think if cows milk in Vermont is testing positive for cesium-137 it's "safe" to assume most crops will become compromised. Even at low levels the issue is bioaccumulation. My advice is to start supplementing as you can't stop eating food.

Some great supplements if you're worried about radiation:
Bladderwrack, kelp, dulse leaf, irish moss herb, nori leaf/stem, sea lettuce, wakame, fucoid- which can all me found in the supplement FucoidZ offered by Youngevity
HempUSA is also noe offering iodine protection pack that are chalk full of goodies
edit on 16-4-2011 by ancientmustytext because: clarification

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
if youre trying to avoid foods that are bad for yu and contain certain things that people say are unsafe then good luck to you my friend...everything that is available to the public is bad for you in one way or the other..unless you grow a garden but even then they genetically alter the seeds so how good can those be.all the things you mentioned are essential to life....my advice is to stop reading all these telling you whats good or bad and just eat what you like,do what you want and you will end up just fine...
edit on 16-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Its becoming more difficult to determine what is safe
and what isn't. I love fresh produce but am leary of that
now. I think the grocery stores would do good by leaving
geiger counters in areas so we can test for ourselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
All snideness aside. What about radiation concerns? Real or imagined?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Radiation concerns are very real, IMO. The problem is, what's the alternative? I thought I had this crap all figured out. I hunt & I fish, I grow food in my garden, and I try to avoid feeding my family over processed commercial foods. Problem is, this disaster hits the animals I shoot, the plants I grow, and the foods I process just as hard as it does the stuff they're selling at the local Fred Meyers grocery store.

Maybe Monsanto is working on a GMO that has a genetic radiation barrier coded into its genetics. *SARCASM*

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If U.S. rainwater is radioactive then the crops and animals are also radioactive, if U.S. crops are found to be too radioactive for consumption, will the world face a food shortage?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I guess the answer is to be safe now; as we don't know the true risks; sources say claim it doesn't pose a danger(but why are the safe level restrictions going to be higher-as proposed), other sources say the fallout will dissipate pretty fast(outside of Japan) after it travels. Tests show levels, so it exists and is higher than what is "commonly" accounting to areas.
If worried it's safe to be cautious over ignoring the situation. Use canned vegetables, powdered milk, use purified or stored water, and eat less meats.
edit on 16-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: more...

top topics

join