It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homemade weapons?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
When times get hard and we cannot buy guns and ammo due to laws or higher prices, what weapon would you make at home to defend your property from looters and burglars attempting to steal your emergency supply of food?

please give a detailed explanation on how you would make your weapon, maybe even find a picture on google resembling your homemade weapon of choice? i used paint.

here is my weapon, i attempted to design a crappy pistol that can fire homemade bullets that are good for close range. the design is very basic because im not too familiar with working with metal. the bullets are made of steel spikes, wax shell casings, gunpowder, and a short fast burning fuse. it only shoots 1 bullet at a time.

How it works
you load the bullet inside the barrel through the opening on top of the gun.
use tweasers to pull the fuse through the hole.
use your thumb to ignite the fuse with the lighter.
the gun shoots, hopefully you hit your target in close range since that is where it is most effective.
since you probably wont kill the house intruder with the one shot you have, you should be prepared for hand to hand combat, or maybe a knife would come in handy at this time.

im looking forward to seeing everyone else's creation. maybe a cool flame thrower?

edit on 16-4-2011 by Dylan201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm Welsh, I'll stick to my knowledge of our forests and knives!

Thanks anyway!

Jamie

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I;m going medieval style on their a*ses
just like davinci

members.iinet.net.au...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dylan201

nothing more practical than nunchucks, you dont have to reload or anything,just bash skulls in as you please lol

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
well you asked so here it is enjoy and they are for real not pretend www.ctmuzzleloaders.com... who says we backwoods folk don,t know $H!+!!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok OP good try, I'll recomend a book known as TM 31-210 Improvised munitions handbook. Its an old US military manual on the subject of homemade weapons and guerilla warfare very imformative look into the tricks the US army used in the Vietnam war it has directions and illustrations
Just dont build anything unless you want to go to jail for a very long time

edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: sssssss

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Nice design mate I might attempt making one from your blue prints!

I reckon I would try a home maid flame thrower.... Water pistol filled with petrol and a zippo lighter at the end!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. When the SHTF. where am I going to get the right size metal and who is going to weld it for me? Better still make the whole floor metal and when attacked throw the welder at them. But remember to jump off the floor first.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crayzeed

lol, they better be bare foot standing in a pool of ice cold brine!!!, imagine the carnage, the sounds,the smell,eeeesh lol

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dylan201
When times get hard and we cannot buy guns and ammo due to laws or higher prices, what weapon would you make at home to defend your property from looters and burglars attempting to steal your emergency supply of food?

What?? cannot buy guns and ammo?

Does not compute....

Error...Situation does not exist due to unlikely event that I would be unarmed and without ammo.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Hi, I would not suggest attempting to make homemade muzzle loaded weapons of any type... For one that is a good way to get your hand blown off, making firearms should be left to the professionals.

Furthermore under any situation that would require you to defend yourself to the point of deadly force being required, you're going to want to be able to reuse that weapon, and know that it is going to work for you, not potentially blow your hand off and allow the attackers to finish you. In a realistic shtf survival situation, especially in an urban/developed region, the best weapon you can own are friends and connections close to you with the supplies needed to be self sufficient.

Sorry to be a buzz kill about it, but just think about it. Sticking to the simple stuff, such as bats, knives, stun guns, pepper spray, batons, hell even rocks or slingshots will prove to be more effective than your average attempt at a home made single shot pistol.

Please be responsible and safe... And remember the best weapon you could ever have is your head on straight... Or maybe a 249 SAW (My preferred weapon of choice)
edit on 16-4-2011 by Sek82 because: hi!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Youtube

All kinds of nice ideas there.
edit on 16-4-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: Could not get the vid working without a couple tries

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dylan201

here is my weapon, i attempted to design a crappy pistol that can fire homemade bullets that are good for close range. the design is very basic because im not too familiar with working with metal. the bullets are made of steel spikes, wax shell casings, gunpowder, and a short fast burning fuse. it only shoots 1 bullet at a time.

OMG are you bucking for the Darwin awards..???

just please DONT build this flame thrower... you will burn yourself out of the igniter hole.... and WAX???

homemade gunpowder???

you will lose a hand..

look up "ZIP_GUNS" if you need to... but NOT THIS>

edit on 4/16/11 by darrman because: he "attempted" to build a "CRAPPY" weapon....lmfao IMHO

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Firstly, a spear. Let your imagination run wild on that one. But for CQB I prefer flexible weapons. Blackjacks and saps are my primary favorites and can be as simple as soap on a rope all the way up to the custom made leather and lead classics. These beauties have all but fallen off the radar in terms of people-awareness. Google 'slung shot' for a short education on this. Which brings me to another, the slingshot, but that is another post. Also consider your belt if it is stout enough and another favorite is the heaviest carabiner you can find and attach it to 18-24 inches of nylon webbing. Makes a great keychain.

Also, I agree with our friend from Wales. He sounds dangerous.

www.donrearic.com...

Oh, and don't forget hammers. They are a fairly ubiquitous item.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You might want to put a disclaimer on your invention. I can see someone hurting themselves trying to build your gun or with something else someone may post on here.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Agreed. Generally speaking guns of all types will be a deadly distraction in a situation where TSHTF. Personally I won't be joining in large groups of people with guns if things go bad. Have any of you read any of the documents circulating online concerning how to survive martial law? None of the survival tactics in the papers I have read mention guns as a good idea. In fact the most important thing I have read concerning this is that you do not even want to make eye-contact with 'young combatants'. Having been a 'young combatant' myself I can tell you that this is good advice.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would make a gun out of paper if all else fails.

edit on 16-4-2011 by I B Dazzlin because: fixed video

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
im a strong supporter of archery and quite the enthusiast.

i think a home made recurve with home made arrows would be more effective and easier than a home made fire arm.

true naturalist archery guys make their own arrows from scratch and they can be very consistant and accurate at 30 yards or more.

plus you can send 3 or 4 arrows down range long before loading lighting firing and reloading a wick gun.

and its very very illegal to make your own gun.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
mix stump remover with gasoline and you can create an explosive,just add remote detanator, spark plug(may do the trick)you have a bomb.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtycrickrat

Yes. I would not spend any amount of time in a survival situation making guns from scratch. The recipe above looks like a pretty good way to blow your hand off.

I think that the folks that have the wherewithal to create their own firearms will be the same trying to stare down 'young combatants'; I don't think they can be helped.

Yes, I have had the pleasure of shooting both compound and long bows. I especially like the long bow. It generates an apalling amount of power. Me likes it.

Here. While you are thinking about improvised firearms check out what the other guys will be carrying
This thing can kill you through a car.

edit on 16-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Visual Aids

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join