It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Plane Forced to Land in Sydney due to Hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A United Airlines plane has had to make an emergency landing after a bomb threat note was found onboard. The plane was returned to Sydney for an emergency landing. The note, scrawled on an airsick bag, was found to be a hoax.

www.sky.com

A United Airline flight was forced to land at Sydney airport after a threatening note was found that implied a bomb could be onboard.

United Airlines flight 840 carrying 246 people was bound for Los Angeles but turned back to Sydney as a precautionary measure about 90 minutes after takeoff, a United Airlines spokesman said.

The plane has now landed safely, all passengers have been removed, and there were no reports of arrests as of this time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 27-7-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[edit on 27-7-2004 by benjj]

[edit on 27-7-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[edit on 7-27-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Further...
Bomb threat shuts down airport
www.news.com.au...

'Bomb threat' forces US flight back to Sydney
www.abc.net.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Speculative rumours abound in Sydney st the moment, & TV reports vary from hour to hour. The latest says that there was NO attempted cockpit break-in.

Others vary from a passenger finding a "sick bag" with the word "BOMB" written on it, to the pilot having forgotten messages left for him.

Also that millions of dollars of fuel was jettisoned prior to the landing - which must surely be regarded as gross exaggeration!

[edit on 27/7/04 by Bastet]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Seems to have been a written note of some kind was found on board, according to the BBC.

A US-bound flight from Sydney turned back on Tuesday after a note found on board raised fears of a bomb threat, Australia's government said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Little Johnny will no doubt make the most of this latest terrorist "threat", if that's indeed what it was. After all, he faces election this year too.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Greetings Brethren and Fellows,

Why this is being posted in the Secret Society forum is beyond me, but I just saw a news update. There was no attempted break-in; the captain found an object aboard the plane that seemed to be dangerous enough to dump fuel and turn back straight away.

Regards,
Bro. Daniel Brown

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thanks Decretal. I updated the information and corrected the title. Sometimes these changes have to be made when a story is breaking.

P.S. ATSNN Alerts show up in all forums.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yep, a note found on a sick bag.

Bomb threat on aircraft sick bag 20:45 AEST Tue Jul 27 2004 A bomb threat written on an aircraft sick bag forced an international flight to return to Sydney in a massive mid-air security scare. The note, found aboard the Los Angeles-bound United Airlines flight 840, "implied that there might be a bomb onboard", federal Transport Minister John Anderson said.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

A hoax?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Mmm, it does seem that this could be some kind of 'gag' gone wrong.... I guess this one will unfold throughout the day.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Gag gone wrong for sure.

Its like yelling "Take me to Cuba" these days.

But don't most terrorists do the deed than claim responsibality these days

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
why is this being posted in the science and technology forum?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Oh for Pete's sake. Alert's and breaking news go into ALL forums, not just ATSNN and TA. When it's resolved it will disappear.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Robins
why is this being posted in the science and technology forum?

Errrr.. If you read the whole post you'll see that Valhal alreadys explains that 'ATSNN Alerts show up in all forums.'

[edit on 27-7-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
lol great alert... a scribble on a sick bag in the toilet pmsl whatever next

thanks for filling me in.. didnt even bother reading the post

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'll make you a deal Andy...when they confirm this was a hoax...the alert will go away. Until then, we will give a situation in Australia the same attention we would give it in the U.S.

If you were onboard that plane, this would be an alert situation.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
hmmm thanks for thinking for me, but i wouldnt give a (micheal moore) (s*it) about a sick note in a toilet, pmsl

great alert... lol hilarious

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The note, found in the aircraft's toilet "implied that there might be a bomb on board", federal Transport Minister John Anderson said earlier.
"An unspecified and undefined hoax was found onboard the plane and the captain used his judgment to return to Sydney," Supt O'Brien said.

Supt O'Brien also said the note had not been left on board from a previous flight.

"Every crew member and every passenger had to undergo our specific screening process, and all those persons have been processed without incident," Supt O'Brien said.

However, he said that screening process did not include a handwriting analysis of all passengers and crew.
news.com.au...

How did the note get there? Must have been carried on-board. Or written on-board.
Sanc'.

[edit on 27-7-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm watching the late news now and the note said, b o b... which was interpreted as bomb on board.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ok so now its a hoax can we loose the rubbish,

How did the note get there? Must have been carried on-board. Or written on-board.

Passenger 45C removed his sick bag from the compartment in front feeling sick he rushed to toilet. In his moment of glory he managed to hold back. leaving him 1 empty sick bag, during a long number 2 his bordom drove him to write "bomb on board" leaving the bag on the floor instead of binning it, he returned to his seat. & The rest is history lol.

Shame they didnt do a hnad writing test, could have wasted some more time and money.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ok Andy, show's over, back into the 'Science & Technology' forum you go... adios.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thanks for that Andy, most helpful.

Meanwhile, back to the issue...

Passengers weren't told of threat
NONE of the passengers aboard United Airlines Flight 840 knew of the bomb threat against the aircraft until they reached the terminal in Sydney tonight.

The first news they heard came when they phoned relatives from mobile phones once safely inside the terminal.
news.com.au...

I know for a fact that one can get fingerprints from paper. I'm suprised the passengers
weren't 'printed.
Sanc'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join