It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality - Handled the Way It Should Be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This vid was posted by one of my cousins on Facebook .

Police Brutality - Handled the Way It Should Be

not sure how to embed this here so if anyone does please let me know how or just do it

For those that cant watch videos:

It start with a man at what i think is a soccer game rushing across the feild carrying a sign of some sort. He is quickly tackled by 5 security guards and in an attempt to detain him one of the guards is clearly show thrusting his baton into the subdued mans head or neck or somewhere in that area (not that location matters much).
The next thing you see is, i think, one of the soccer players rushing into the scene and kicking on the guards, but then he is quickly followed by a few hundred spectators!

Its too bad that scenes like this dont take place in America when people like peaceful protesters and children are treated with this type of abuse...

Any way if anyone can translate this that would be cool too as i would love to know what the announcer/newscaster is saying.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Easy...bring up videos f the rodeny knig beating back in 1992..post it. maybe others will start getting angry, a police brutality that just happened feuling everyones anger. makes a sparkm so vuiolence n degradation breaks out...the aftermath..all could have been prevented if the cops were doing their job* post taht all over the news* embarras them really good.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i recommend watching the whole video but the part the op is talking about starts at 1:50

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
ONE OF THE BEST VIDEOS EVER.... THANKS A TON SHARE TO EVERYONE, if we stick together we can take them down. Damn those grasshoppers

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Not that I don't enjoy a good retributive beating but we do need to not forget that violence begets violence and it is the job of a person who wishes to end the violence to not fight but take the beating and solve the problem like an adult.

I have the utmost respect for Rodney King. He called to stop the violence and he was the one wronged in his case.

Do not fight back because you're not fixing anything. The police shouldn't get beaten when they abuse their power. They should lose their power. If they don't then society needs to call for them to lose their power louder.

If society doesn't do this it is their fault. If society unites and the government doesn't comply it is a dictatorship and then it is time to cease the government for the people and take the appropriate actions.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
violence breeds violence, please, turn the other cheek doesnt work, we have been doing that forever with the cops and crap they pull, violence is the only resort left in order to win against someone that is shooting, locking you up, beating you up while your down, hitting you when your outnumbered, out gunned, out weaponed, etc etc. Wake up you think they dont tell you this crap to keep you controlled so you dont go after your master

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

NO the video you put here, for the most part shows police defending themselves in pursuit of criminals and uncalled for acts of agression which i do not condone

The one i posted clearly shows a non agressive and already subdued individual being unneccesarily assaulted. Something else i do not condone.
Unfortunately after watching the video i posted a few times i have noticed that the officer/guard who seems to trying to get the other one to stop the abuse, seems to be the one who took the brunt of the mobs assualt.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Not that I don't enjoy a good retributive beating but we do need to not forget that violence begets violence and it is the job of a person who wishes to end the violence to not fight but take the beating and solve the problem like an adult.

I have the utmost respect for Rodney King. He called to stop the violence and he was the one wronged in his case.

Do not fight back because you're not fixing anything. The police shouldn't get beaten when they abuse their power. They should lose their power. If they don't then society needs to call for them to lose their power louder.

If society doesn't do this it is their fault. If society unites and the government doesn't comply it is a dictatorship and then it is time to cease the government for the people and take the appropriate actions.

I couldnt agree with you more!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I clearly stated to fast forward to the 1:50 mark which is EXACTLY the video you were referencing. Not everyone has a Facebook and the link you posted can only be viewed by logging into Facebook. I in no way endorsed the video i simply posted it because YOU failed to do so. Thanks a lot for your rudeness!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i think this has to happen. there is no turning the other cheek. americans are fat and stupid cowards that only react to violent things we've been kicked around by police and government for years and all we do is sit on our a$$ and eat when is enough enough? Ive completely given on america hopefully one day i can move to Europe or something. i have no more patriotism for this country the people are just disgusting sheep. of course im not talking about everyone but the country as a whole. i hope one day i get a chance to do this to some cops

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

I clearly stated to fast forward to the 1:50 mark which is EXACTLY the video you were referencing. Not everyone has a Facebook and the link you posted can only be viewed by logging into Facebook. I in no way endorsed the video i simply posted it because YOU failed to do so. Thanks a lot for your rudeness!!

No problem, i have no issue with being rude when someone interjects misleading info into my threads. This wasnt intended to be about the violence portrayed in your video which doesnt even show the whole video i orginally posted in which case it as taken out of context.

I in no way endorse what is shown in your video if by making that known to everyone who reads this thread means i am being rude then so be it!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Great job on your OP ! All new members observe a perfect example of how to post on ATS. SnF The cops need a good beating down in this country. They are the membrane between us and the elites. They choose not to see themselves as the enablers they truely are. They sacrifice country and comrades for fat paychecks and all the unseen benny's. If your married to a cop divorce him.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

But this has been tried in the case of Ian Tomlinson that was murdered by the police and the copper walked.

I have personaly witnesed a gang of thugs calling themselves poilicemen rolling out of the police station in to a van on a saterday night and not only could you tell that the were out for trouble but they all had mussels, you know the type you get from steriods and not down at the gym.

Check out the case of 'Holly creg' from scotland who wants justice after being raped as a child and they won't let it go to court because some who took advantage of this child in care were police officers.

It's fine talking about peace but the history books are littered with people that were wiped out after talking peace and their comes a time for action and with the justice system being so screwed up i say that time is here

Police like dogs will be a bit more carefull if they know they can get the same treatment they dish out and people are geting a bit tired with all these CCTV's going funney when requested by persons who have been abused by the system.

We have rules to deal with the abuse of the system but we also had the same type of saftey checks and rules for the banking system and look were we are today, the system is broke and we need to fix it and the RSPCA won't get a penney from my pocket untill they stand up and confront the police on the use of dogs to bit anyone within range of the leash the police office/thug lets out.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Hollydemandsjustice.org

Yes, another sad example of injustice in the world. The more people take notice that things like this are happening everywhere the more support there will be for real justice. Its sad to think that when people come out and file charges against people like this they are dealt even more injustice.

If i heard correctly the family involved and the individuals helping them have had thier homes invaded without warrants, its truly a sad world we live in and i wish more people would do the right thing to make a change.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The system is failing on on fronts. I think the only way to correct the problem is through direct individual responsibility and action. That video shows what looks like real problems, but as far as responsible citizens standing up for their fellow brothers and taking on the criminal cops directly I say

Hell Yeah, That's Truth And Justice

Again, that's not for just up and beating cops, but for citizens who are willing to put their safety on the line in order to protect truth, justice, and liberty.

Now let's here some doublespeak from people who abuse this phrase for the murdering of millions in corrupt wars but then condemn honest citizens for using this philosophy against corruption within the establishment.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well I don't like violence, but cops got what they deserved is all I can say.

Thanks for posting the video, made me feel a bit better about the world.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Isn't there a law against filming cops while they are assaulting someone? Maybe not in this country yet?

The obvious question is what was going on in the mind of the cop with the baton, given he knew so many people were watching?

My guess is that he tried to use this guy as an example to intimidate the crowd not to try the same thing. But it backfired.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

It's a Class 1 Felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison to film a police officer in Illinois, whether in public or even in your own home.

lmgtfy.com...

And yes, they can still film you "legally" without your permission, but don't be surprised if that film turns up missing should it have anything damning to the cops' case on it.

Welcome to the State of Chicago.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I always believe in stopping violence. Another way is to form a wall of people, for I dont know that I support phyiscal violence of any kind, however, intervention by the crowds, YES. And also, thousands, millions showing up for the copshop and at the courthouses and at the representatives offices saying NO We Don't Support Your New Law, We're Not Criminal Enough To Support Your Crime Against Humanity. So Leave Now! You're Fired!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Law Enforcement becomes predatory when the laws they enforce enable the predator. Eliminate legislation that enables predatory, exploitative, and extortional government, which legalizes police brutality and murder on the basis of a worn badge that has been granted a liscence to do you harm in the event that you defend yourself against those harming you to begin with...

Then closely monitor the ones given the authority to enforce so that when they step above the boundary of enforceable action, your right to enforce a citizen's arrest against these criminals overrides any authority given or percieved because the enforcer at this point has become the criminal.

If American's were left alone to wear side arms at will, I rather doubt people would be seeing cases of police brutality, albeit more cases of homicide upon arrest attempts. American Citizens have EXACTLY the same enforceable right to place a police officer under arrest as that police officer has to place you under arrest. It's called a Citizen's Arrest, and you as an American have the same rights as that police officer to subdue and arrest them as they have of you, which includes the use of subjugal instruments, even Deadly Force if necessary. Any legislation that denies this right is illegal and a violation of your Constitutionally guaranteed rights..

Yeah, I hear them already.... 'this isn't right', 'you're wrong', 'that's insane'... whatever... it's the truth, and I think in your heart you know it's the truth...

top topics

join