It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Cluster Munitions Strike Misrata

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Libyan Cluster Munitions Strike Misrata

www.hrw.org

(New York) - Government forces loyal to the Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi, have fired cluster munitions into residential areas in the western city of Misrata, posing a grave risk to civilians, Human Rights Watch said today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This story started breaking last night. The initial reports were of a witness to the launching of one RPG-style cluster munition. Subsequent reports said there were two other witnesses to two other attacks. As far as could have been told at that time, only 3 projectiles were fired.

The Libyan officials then struck out at the reports, saying that they demanded proof of the cluster munitions use.

HRW eventually put up the photos you see in the linked article pertaining to the alleged attacks.

The photos are interesting for several reasons:

1) There are no photos of a general street scene where the munitions were allegedly found, showing the munitions on the street itself

2) The photos are taken inside a non-descript room, that could be anywhere in the world

3) Any person or persons who appear in the photos released so far, have their heads out of shot (or cropped) so no-one can be identified.

4) The only photo showing a munition outside on a wall has such a blurry background that the location can not be identified

This stinks of propaganda, in order to get an UN resolution.

www.hrw.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-4-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Great catch, it seems the MSM has been getting caught more often, last time the MSM got caught for reporting false Zionist statements that anti-Tank missiles were used against a school bus, without any question, or without any investigation which a true news agency is suppose to do, to confirm whether the claims are true or not before spreading them.

The propaganda machine is failing, I guess finally the world is catching on/up/

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I saw an article about this on BBC news this evening.

What I find ironic is NATO is now in a huff because they think Libya is using cluster munitions which are banned in most countries.

Guess who didnt sign the agreement saying they would stop using cluster munitions though????

Thats right the good old USA

O and who is still producing cluster munitions and selling them???

United Kingdom
France
US
Germany
Netherlands

to just name a few.... Makes me sick
Source

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I think all these lies are spread to justify the killing of civilians under the banner of protecting civilians. How many civilians have been killed up to date? They even killed the rebels they are backing up, and even those who rescued the pilot of a failed Jet were shot at by the rescuing helicopter or something..

Damn insane.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Sounds like we better get the ground war started, the public are gonna need some serious softening up for when they tell us they are risking yet more of our young mens lives, to secure resources for their corporate masters.

Expect more stories like this in the weeks ahead.
edit on 16-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
this whole thing is playing out like a bad movie that you stumble across on tv but cant seem to turn the channel because you get taken in by it...even tho you have a good feeling whats gonna happen you still want to watch to make sure just in case they were to throw in a unexpected ending ...to me it looks like the script is starting to play out just like they wrote it with a few minor adjustments here and there it seems like the bad movie is just getting worse

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I agree they are preparing us for the news ground troops are going to be sent in and are trying to make it as justifiable as possible by spreading dis info and lies!

At this point I dont see what other option they have if they want to take out Gadafi.

Either they can admit they can not win this war with the current situation and retreat.... they are not going to do that, it would mean admitting they were wrong to invade in the first place or option two send in the ground troops drawing the war out for months probably years!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The evidence presented in the NY Times articleis a photo of a submunition marked "SMM MAT-120 LOT 2-07".

Here's a great blog with pix and info from on location sources!
One pix is of a shell marked "MAT-120 Mortar Cargo Bomb 120mm LOT 3-07"

More soon on the NYT site’s next update, along with details of the peculiar place the United States, which has used cluster munitions in Afghanistan and Iraq, and has not signed the Convention on Cluster Munitions, now finds itself in.

So if I interpret this right; the Cluster Munitions were used by U.S. !!
edit on 16-4-2011 by nakiel because: fixed link

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

The blog does not exist.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Sounds like we better get the ground war started, the public are gonna need some serious softening up for when they tell us they are risking yet more of our young mens lives, to secure resources for their corporate masters.

Expect more stories like this in the weeks ahead.
edit on 16-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Yes it will be chemical and biological weapons next so where are the pictures of these cluster bombs beng used or does no one have a camera

President Obiang Nguema also spoke about what is now the almost three-week-long war waged by the U.S. and its NATO allies against Libya: "I believe that the problems in Libya should be resolved in an internal fashion and not through an intervention that could appear to resemble a humanitarian intervention. We have already seen this in Iraq." He added: “Each foreigner is susceptible to proposing erroneous solutions.

African problems cannot be resolved with a European, American or Asian view.” On the same day Russia called for an emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council on Ivory Coast and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov warned that recently reinforced French troops and cohorts from the United Nations Operation in Côte d'Ivoire (ONUCI) operate under a mandate that demands strict neutrality and impartiality. The following day Lavrov expressed concerns about the U.S. and other NATO members arming anti-government insurgents in Libya, stating that such a measure "would constitute interference in the civil war." Comparable statements have been voiced around the world, from the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America (ALBA) in Latin America and the Caribbean denouncing the Libyan war to the leader of the world's 1.3 billion Catholics, Pope Benedict XVI, referring to the violence in Ivory Coast and Libya as a defeat for humanity and issuing "a renewed and heartfelt appeal to all parties to the [conflict] to initiate a process of peacemaking and dialogue, and to avoid further bloodshed."

American and other Western leaders, however, only desire an end to the violence in both African countries after the belligerents they support, with arms and air and missile attacks, have scored a decisive victory over their opponents.

Source

The zionist control corporations, banksers and the media and the media is making this up as they so along but its turning into another bay of pigs for them and they know it and i'm still wating into a full and open investigation into the US liberty incident or did they think we all had short memorys.

Get ride of these zionists else it won't be just another child killed by them in some far away land but it will be your own kids or did you think they gave a # who they killed just to make a profit.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

keyboard low on battery....
the [m] in ".com" was missing; fixed it now

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
this whole thing is playing out like a bad movie

agreed. and the libyian people are corporate popcorn. a truly disgusting state of affairs. what makes it worse is the majority of the population are oblivious to the obvious.

we are made to believe our "leadership" is reacting to a fluid situation unfolding on the ground, when in reality they are executing an agenda that has been on the drawing board since at least 1991. Apparently voting for what we were told was the polar-opposite of George Bush and his Neo-Conservative agenda has not worked. We must then look past the puppet politicians and their superficial differences and see the corporate-financier oligarchy behind them, whose agenda transcends and dominates petty politics. We must see them as the problem, and replacing them entirely as the solution.
from an article called "its official arab spring subversion is us funded"

For ways to battle the globalists by achieving self-sufficiency and freedom through independence please read:
landdestroyer.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
What I find ironic is NATO is now in a huff because they think Libya is using cluster munitions which are banned in most countries.

Guess who didnt sign the agreement saying they would stop using cluster munitions though????

Thats right the good old USA

I think that NATO has every right to get in a huff considering that only one NATO member didn't sign. If Russia and China aren’t going to sign then there’s fat chance that the US will. Let's not get too far off-topic though, it would be more relevant to point out that Libya didn’t sign the Convention on Cluster Munitions either.

O and who is still producing cluster munitions and selling them???

United Kingdom
France
US
Germany
Netherlands

to just name a few.... Makes me sick
Source

Even your source doesn't agree with you. Those countries (excluding the US) have signed and ratified the Convention on Cluster Munitions. In the UK for example, following the Cluster Munitions (Prohibitions) Act 2010, it is now illegal to use/produce/develop/acquire/possess/transfer or assist in the transfer of cluster munitions or encourage or induce anyone else to do so.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I saw this on MSM news (my wife still watches), and to be honest, i smell a propaganda rat.

The video clip i saw on the BBC last night, had a few seconds of purported 'cluster bomb' munitions exploding around a group of rebels manning a jeep mounted MG..one cluster bomb supposedly (on the clip) landed and exploded *literally* a few feet away from two of these rebels, one inside the Jeep, the other standing on the ground right next to it.

Neither of them were injured, pushed by a shock wave, or peppered with shrapnel. The thing was pictured landing within a few feet of them!

*Extremely lucky* or something else?

Also, the munitions were reportedly manufactured in Spain, specifically for the Libyan market..so then *why* would a Spanish made cluster bomb, made for a North African customer be labelled in *English* writing? (the debris from one of these 'cluster bombs' was shown to have English writing on the casing.

Why would this be so? Spanish bombs destined for an Arabic market? Really?

I smell propaganda.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You're right, this is all propaganda.

I remember watching the Israeli incursion into Gaza live on CNN a few years back. Every so often there was clear video of white phosphorus being dropped on the streets and where was the big commotion then? CNN "reporters" would just claim "looks like another Israeli flare!" Yeah right, white phosphorus flares in the middle of the day, deployed at just the right hight to ensure the best dispersion of the weapon.

I've been looking for the so-called video of Libyans deploying cluster bombs, but all I've found was a video from April 9th claiming to be of a NATO cluster bomb dropped on Libya, and it certainly looks like an indiscriminate weapon being used in a city to me.

new topics

top topics

join