It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone looking forward to Deus Ex Human revolution ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Words cannot describe how good the original was. Just want to know if anyone is excited about the third installment? I know i am , i just hope it does not tarnish the reputation of the original.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm definitely anxious to get it. I've been waiting for this game for years.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nah it doesn't look good to me. I am waiting for Battlefield 3. That game is FAR MORE REALISTIC than ANY Call of Duty game. I know this because I was a big CoD fan and the latest Black Ops does not match up with Battlefield 3 or BFBC2. I am also interested in Crysis 2. That game looks absolutely baller.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Yeah i know what you mean, i really hope it lives up to the hype

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

did you play the crysis 2 multiplayer demo? plays like a mix of halo and black ops. not realistic in the slightest, but it was good fun. you jump super far and stuff.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by Skate

did you play the crysis 2 multiplayer demo? plays like a mix of halo and black ops. not realistic in the slightest, but it was good fun. you jump super far and stuff.

I downloaded it and by the time I did, the demo was over lol. I'm a beast at Halo and Black Ops, so I'd probably be a star at Crysis 2 ^_^

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Killuminati666

being a slightly-more-than casual gamer my whole life, I'm a little ashamed to admit that I never played the original Deus Ex game. That being said, I'm totally stoked for Human Revolution. Customizable weapons, RPG-like upgrades and leveling, cybernetic body augmentations!

The story looks pretty cool. borderline cyber-punk. I'm sure it touches on the question of whether we can retain our humanity in the midst of the growing capabilities of and reliance on technology. I tend to avoid the games which don't push the limits of either our imaginations or our world view, and this game looks like it could do both!

The trailers and interviews I've seen look amazing. As long as the shooting and cover systems are solid, Human Revolution could replace BioShock as my all-time favorite FPS.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

that sucks. yeah if you love those games, i bet you'd pwn.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Any of y'all have xbox live?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

Yeah, a very realistic idea that is not far from becoming true. It does look great though, something different from other games out there at the moment.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Sorry to say i have a PS3.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It looks very good. I'll atleast be trying it out.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Awesome, theres SOMEONE here that actually knows about the classics.

Deus Ex was ridiculous, The sequel tarnishes the name.

This however, is VERY legit. Deus Ex is gonna rock the hardcore gamer base. However, this is no mainstream audience game so I doubt Cod fans or anyone of that nature (without prior experience to real classics) could understand what Deus Ex HR can potentially deliver.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I only played the sequal, It was good but I found it a bit tedious part way through and gave up (on 2 occaasions), maybe this is were it lacked compared to the first.

Anyway I will most likely get HR because there were some really enjoyable aspects and hopefully it will have surpassed them.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

Yeah, i've been playing through the original Deus Ex again these past few days and it is still as engrossing as it was the first time i played it. Can't wait for HR

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The first Deus Ex was a masterpiece.
Sadly they already dumbed down the sequel to be nothing more than a pretty generic FPS
Seeing as this gaming generation is even more dumbed down, pathetic and sad, i doubt that Deus Ex 3 can even touch the original. It will be another simple shooting game with pseudo-RPG features, in the style of Failout 3, so all the console kids won't be to overchallenged and start to cry.
Warren Spector isn't involved and so far, Eidos Montreal created exactly one good game (Batman Arkham Assylum) and lots of crap (Kane & Lynch 2, Just Cause 2...)

Well, i hope i'm wrong and Deus Ex 3 will be awesome

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Ya me! I am looking forward to it, watch the vid get pumped for the release, it should be a good game, but you never know till it comes out, either way I am definitely getting this game.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I feel your pain and share your worries.I can't help but blame this on "console peasantry", pic related.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
hmm theres an episode of lost name this. Teehee. I just watched it on netflix

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hell yes!
Everyone who views this site and loves video games NEED to play Deus Ex! Look up a synopsis, you'll see why!

I just got finished playing the leaked preview build of the first 5 or so hours, and it's really good so far. Cannot wait for this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join