It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Japan is sinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Multiple eye witness videos regarding the current situation in Japan. It's quite apparent that there is large scale soil liquefaction taking place throughout the Island. To me, it appears as though the ground is "floating". Is Japan on the verge of sinking?

IF possible, it may take centuries; Islands have "sank" before...
But if it was to suddenly, partially, drop into the ocean then it would have world-wide impact, especially on Western North America.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Scary footage.
Its a scary thought to think The story of Atlantis could be renamed and retold in our lifetime.
I couldnt imagine being in Japan at the moment. It must be a very frighting place to be.
First the Earthquake then the Tsunami then the radiation and now this.
When will it stop?
And Who knows how much destruction could be caused if Japan happens to slip in the sea.I Just hope the people of Japan and the rest of the world never find out

edit on 16-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don't think these are video's of Japan sinking. There are many water-pipes and other water sources that could have gotten turned and twisted until they broke and started to seep water out on to the surface because the quake broke water/sewer pipes.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: Grammar and spelling.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I've watched islands of the Pacific rise within hours and days.....it will take less than that to sink under the right conditions which are apparent today in Japan with many more EQKs still yet to come.

Is Japan sinking? Parts of it will sink without doubt....it's only a matter of months or afew short years but it will happen very soon.

Should the Japanese be even more worried? I believe, so far, this is just the beginning!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

yea could be, just try get someone to get a sample of the water to examine or just taste if it is salt water

maybe that can tells us more from where the water is coming?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfcomplex
I don't think these are video's of Japan sinking. There are many water-pipes and other water sources that could have gotten turned and twisted until they broke and started to seep water out on to the surface because the quake broke water/sewer pipes.

Can't find it at the moment, but seems to me I read the water has been tested, and found to be seawater. Anyone else read that? Or am I imagining I read it?
edit on 16-4-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That looks really scary how the ground just moves like it is floating. If I would of saw that, I would of got the heck out of there.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

hahahaha

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It is liquefaction, it is not burst water pipes. There are similar videos that came out of Christchurch NZ.

edit on 16-4-2011 by mmmguinness because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

cant find anything on this yet, where did you read that?
maybe anyone has some data on earlier events where this occured?
and not only from islandquakes, but more in-land?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I could agree with burst pipes causing some flooding here and there, but I dont think that can account for the ground moving (floating) they must be massive water pipes!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mmmguinness

Correct.....and I believe a large chunk of CHCH will never be liveable again either. As for Japan, it's going to get much worse.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nanny

well i am not so sure that all islands float on the ocean, but are rather attached to the oceanfloor.
maybe this isnt true for volcanic made islands?
my guess is that some of the islands are made from earlier flooding around a much larger land or plates pushing up the land from out of the sea.
off course there are islands made of volcanic rock, like some say becoase the rock is so porous that they float.
got to do some more research into this

what kind of island is japan? as it has some volcanoes, so could be floating.

all i know for know is that all rocks comes from volcanoes

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I found this video of Liquefaction at Niigata earthquake 1964, looks a bit simular to what is happening now.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nanny

good vid

thats a lot of water coming out!
1964 they had less sewer pipes etc. i think? also less concrete buildings.
what would be the result of all these concrete, asphalt on the ground?
soon entire scyscrapers will sink in the ground?
edit on 16-4-2011 by intergalactic fire because: text added

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was just reading about japan sinking, lost some of the pages for reference , but from what I read eastern Japan could slip into a trench in the ocean, which would triggger a huge pacific rim wide tsunami

Eastward displacements are observed along the Pacific coast from Aomori Prefecture to Chiba Prefecture.

Postseismic Slip data

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Reclaimed land, sea level built up cities, yearly ocean level rise, sure the water level rose due to the disaster. Even in the US coastal areas, namely beaches have sand added because of natural erosion and yearly rising levels(natural or not). I think it's possible as it sinking or if not most of it washing away.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by Klassified

cant find anything on this yet, where did you read that?
maybe anyone has some data on earlier events where this occured?
and not only from islandquakes, but more in-land?

Wish I could remember. I hate it when I can't go back and find something I know I've read. I was hoping someone else had seen it too.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
YAHOO news is covering this:

The scale of Japan's March 11 earthquake and tsunami wasn't the only thing that surprised geologists.

The 9.0 earthquake in Japan — the fourth most powerful quake ever recorded — also caused an unusually severe and widespread shift in soil through liquefaction, a new study suggests.

Near coastlines, harbors and rivers, earthquakes can make the wet, sandy soil jiggle, turning it temporarily from a solid to a liquid state, a process known as liquefaction. Heavy sand and rock sinks, while water and lighter sand bubble to the surface. The slurry spreads, often toward the water, and the surface shifts.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Reclaimed land, sea level built up cities, yearly ocean level rise, sure the water level rose due to the disaster. Even in the US coastal areas, namely beaches have sand added because of natural erosion and yearly rising levels(natural or not). I think it's possible as it sinking or if not most of it washing away.

Exactly. The dude said at the beginning of the video that the land used to be part of Tokyo Bay and they filled it in with Earth. This is exactly what's going to happen to those man-made islands in Dubai. You can't just create land and expect it to last forever.

top topics

join