It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapped in our bodies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Have you ever asked yourselves why it is so difficult to control our minds when we are dreaming, why is it that we cannot easily astrally project? I am under the impression that it should actually be second nature, and we should almost be able to exist in a state that is both in the astral world as well as in the physical world when we are alive and walking in the real world. I would imagine, that we should have a greater control over how we see the world, how we are able to observe reality - when we can see with both our astral and physical eyes, we shouls be able to see a much more varied and interesting reality, as opposed to the relativley static and unchanging, often rigid world that we live in today.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I know what you mean, not everyone can be as talented as me.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I agree with your premise and wish more people would spend as much time meditating as they do entertaining themselves, so to better control their thoughts and dreams.

I do have a question for you though: Can you explain to me what and/or where this "astral plane" is? I've heard many people mention it but I am never sure what they exactly mean. Thanks!

S&F

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

On a more serious note.
In our dreams our mind isn't connected to our bodies, making it extremely hard to realize that your actually in a dream. It takes practice, do so research on lucid dreaming, there is alot of techniques.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I dont think it is essentially so difficult
just that our minds our DEVOLVING

I mean the population is more concerned with who is winning dances with the stars than why the world's in a pile of poop

Cant expect much from that mob

I'm sure on the other hand if you were to visit Kumbha Mela you'd meet lots of yogis who can do these things

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Basically, it is a different plane of perception. Many who hallucinate, or see ghosts or spirits, are seeing a part of the astral plane, however, because, for some reason, we are disconnected from it, we only seem to have negative hallucinations that occur sporadically, as opposed to positive hallucinations that are more integrated with reality.

As an illustration, when I am dreaming, in the "Astral world" I can see the house that I live in, I can walk around it, and I can easily walk through walls within the house, as reality is less "structuralised" and is in more of a "potential" state. When I am in more "dense" astral planes, it becomes more challenging to walk through walls, and basically, reality becomes more "solid". There is a threshold point, as soon as reality starts to become especially solid, I am brought back or "snapped back" into my physical body and the completley solid physical world. As well as this, in the astral world, things are far more subjective, the same objects can be seen in far more animated, varied, and interesting ways.
edit on 16-4-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

Its not really about the realisation of being in a dream, but simply the fact that it is so difficult to even remember our dreams, or to have vivid experiences within our dreams. For example, and as an example of the "blending" that I am talking about, I once had the experience of sleeping on clouds, as if in heaven, I could see the sky, and the clouds, I could feel that I was laying on top of them, however, as I started to wake, the fog cleared from my eyes, and the clouds turned into the bed sheets that I was sleeping on. So, in that sense, why can't we, or why don't we, experience a much more varied perception of reality - why must we always be brought back "down to Earth"?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Agreed, it ought to be our second nature.
If we were less dense, we would also be able to see things from different perspectives,
walking in our fellow man/womans shoe.
Thereby decreasing conflicts and wars.
Also if we were less dense, dead would not be that scary and we would be more able to live in harmony
with the vibrations of Mother Earth.
You could get the thought, that we in a way get programmed into this reality.
A reality which enables power over others (us not realizing our true nature and thus freedom), greed (some having too much, other nothing) and probably a million other things.
Who would really benefit from this world order or programming, one could ponder?
Someone perhaps living in the believe system that some are created to rule others, not realizing the Oneness of All.
Just my thoughts…
Interesting thought, thank-you

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

I often pondered the same thing, currently, my theory is that the physical world is a kind of transitory plane of existence, that all creatures must experience for a brief period of time before being able to transcend thier collective consciousness and birth themselves as separate consciousnesses. The first stages would be to generate ones own reality within their own self, and as soon as this occurs, they can gradually start to break away from the collective reality that had once given birth to thier consciousness and provided them with a basic form and purpose. The beings that seem to control humans appear to be a kind of "artificially ascended" beings - that is, there are beings that evolve naturally and transcend this reality by physically dematerialising once they reach a certain threshold, and there are other beings that use DNA manipulation, time-travel technology and though alteration techniques in an attempt to artificially transcend this reality. Such beings would generally find a population of beings that are in the process of naturally ascending, trap them, and then try to find out thier "secret" so they can emulate us and perhaps achieve what we are achieving. So, they need to control us within an artificial domain, in order to try and find out our "secret" - however, it seems like these beings are simply not willing to accept that there are forces that create the physical world, be them God, or some other beings, the beings that control us perceive physicality as giving rise to consciousness, as they have forgotten the time when they were non-physical beings that manifested into the physical world from an originally non-physical domain.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Ah, like these controllers in a way are physical beings from same plane as us, just scientifically so advanced that they will be like our puppet master, seemingly higher dimensional beings?
Make sense!
Also your thought that this physical dimension is a place were we are able to experience separateness from All (or our group soul). Then when we return we will be able to enrich the Source with our experience.
At my 'travels' I've often encountered these beings.
They can seem very scary at first, but have this deep feeling of loneliness and being separate from Creation.
Not really happy, which they tend to realize from inside if Unity are being shared with them.
The problem is that most of us just live our everyday life, unaware of these controllers who really makes us forget who we truly are (quite a job holding on to rememberence)
I think some of the game nowadays will be more and more of us waking up.
Will these controllers just find another spot in the Universe to 'enjoy' their habits, our are they locked in this System, having to face what's coming down.
Is it the roles changing around, the prisoner's guard becoming the prisoner, with no chance of escape?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

It takes alot of effort in order for them to realise, I sense a kind of cold apathy in them, as if they are fed up with this world. I don't know, If I was a powerful being, I would find or create a new planet for them, and create a custom-designed domain where they can learn various lessons about life in controlled and structured way, as opposed to experiencing a nasty fall when their calculations are proven to be incorrect.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
We are socially conditioned to disbelieve in anything unordinary from a very young age. Our parents tell us there are no monsters or ghosts, other worlds, magic, and most anything truly fun, either for our comfort or theirs. Kids seem to be capable of all kinds of phenomena, totally involuntarily, until impossibility is well ingrained in their minds. Then, as adults, if they go down the high and lonely path, it takes years to regain those latent abilities and the prerequisite belief. It comes down to a process of unlearning the conditioning that results in being essentially well grounded in our bodies, well grounded in the ordinary world. Some people never thoroughly accept that conditioning, whether through mental illness or sheer will. Mental illness comes with its own set of problems and roadblocks, though. Not to be envied.

At least that's my hypothesis.

One of the posters asked, where exactly is the astral? The diagram on this page seems to match fairly well what I was about to whip up in MS Paint to explain where I have tried quantifying the astral as being... No need to reinvent the wheel, I suppose.

top topics

join