It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MRSA in grocery store meat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is disgusting. Makes me want to become a vegetarian.... too bad I love burgers and ribs too much!

www.9news.com...|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ampar84

Also too bad most of the veggie-type foods are also GMO anymore, as well as many also being polluted with MRSA, e. coli and the like due to runoff and ground pollution from factory farms and the like.

Do you think those in power are TRYING to figure out how to wreck everything as quickly as possible for some reason?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Right? It almost seems that unless you can afford to go to the farmers markets, or are skilled enough to grow your own food, you are out of luck.
I'm a bit of a germaphobe and cringe every time I hear about recalls with produce. Meat, I cook the crap out of and don't worry too much about tainted meat. But the produce... there's not much you can do to prevent eating contaminated fruits and veggies. It's not like you can boil lettuce.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
and the thing is that if they are telling us that food has this problem,then imagine what they arent telling us...they are definately holding things back from us and everybody knows that what i just said isnt too far of stretch...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ampar84

Yes, I overcook my meat too, all the time, because I'm a bit dodgy about eating anything undercooked (unless it's a filthy doner kebab - only if I'm really drunk, yuck)

But basically I find that by marinating the meat several times over whilst cooking it, the meat is thoroughly cooked but doesn't seem to burn at all - I don't know whether this is in all cases - I'm a big chicken eater and use jerk/bbq or chilli to marinade it.

I remember back when I worked at a MAJOR fast food outlet (not naming names - they are all as bad as each other), and they re-calibrated the grills to cook the burgers for a shorter time, so they could cook more burgers overall. They advised the staff that the meat will be cooking in it's own juices, and so by the time it gets to the customer it will be fully cooked. A doner kebab is one thing, almost exclusively for binge drinking young adults - but somewhere you will feed your children is something that should ring alarm bells...

...as for produce though, like you said, there isn't much we can do there... It's probably Monsanto too...
edit on 16-4-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Agreed 100%!!!! Who knows what they don't tell us in order to save money on the producers end. Our food quality is quickly going down the drain. Not only because of bacterias and antibiotics they pump into the animals, but the preservatives they put into everything else as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

I do the same thing. I soak my chicken in bbq sauce and cook it for a good two and a half hours. It's still super juicy! And I have peace of mind.

top topics

join