Getting happy whenever something's bad is about to happen in another corner of the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I just wish people would say "keeping close tabs on the developments but hopefully it turns out to be just false alarm or someone should take drastic actions about it" Hope it just turns out to be just relieving of pent up stresses.

I really think based on how people respond to threads posted here that they are expectant of something catastrophic (awesome for them because they'll have something to read on the news or watch on 'live breaking news' or make their boring lives a little more interesting/entertaining) will happen. If only they have loved ones living in the area of concern or is just close by, ready to wreck their perfect normal lives, they would have responded a lot differently.

Has blood gone way way thicker than water nowadays? If blood is too thick, then you're almost dead. Don't let it be, at least be genuinely concerned for one another even if they have absolutely no connections to you because someone else loves and worries about them.

It's that or I'm a nutcase.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Doom activates the dopamine receptors, and so breaking doom is the drug of choice of the doomtard.

Honestly I don't think people genuinely want to see others pain suffering misery and death, I think it helps them cope with the boringly mundane existence that they are currently experiencing.

It is why you only see bad news on the MSM. People are bored with good news, so they only show the bad news.

ATS and other conspiracy sites cater to this, and there are thousands of people combing the interwebs looking for the most unbelievable doom they can find, and then they post it, and bask in the glory (flags and stars) of being the one to break the new doom to a giant crowd of doomtards.

Doom on....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Funny you started this thread. I was just getting ready to type something in another thread and thought, what's the point. I will say it here though. The disturbing trend on this site seems to be that if someone starts a thread about doom, gloom, or some catastrophic, planet destroying event, that thread gets dozens, if not hundreds of flags.

edit on 16-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think it's more like: whatever happens to them, cannot happen anymore to me. It's happen already.
Something like that.
I refuse to believe people are really happy when something bad happens.

I do follow the quakes etc. because I try to find a pattern in it. One half of my family lives on an island in the Caribbean close to subduction zones and the other half lives close to the sea, a few meters under sealevel.
So...
edit on 16-4-2011 by notsosunny because: typing errors

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Bad news is good news...I enjoy destruction and chaos. It's entertaining and If I were to blow up in some catastrophe I'd have no problem for people to be entertained by it too...

3/4 of the destruction is done by humans on fellow humans anyway, if you're stupid enough to destroy yourself and each other, Im gonna be standing right there and laugh my ass off.
edit on 16-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It's human nature to be interested in gloom and doom. Like when there is a bad accident and you can't look away even though you know you should. People have always been this way. The people who say their not like this are lying. They just can't admit that they are as human as the rest.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Add to this the numerous posts Ive seen lately with those wishing something bad will happen to the US and our citizens. In one thread the poster actually said he/she wished Yellowstone would blow up and kill us all. Genius didnt consider that would be a worldwide catastrophe, but the "neener hope ya all die" sentiment was there

Just a weird new thing thats happening here and elsewhere.. wishing doom on others so they can get off doomtarding without risk ... and hatred of other countries.. its in full bloom.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by ahnggk

Doom activates the dopamine receptors, and so breaking doom is the drug of choice of the doomtard.

I agree with that, at least partly it´s about brain chemistry.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Funny you started this thread. I was just getting ready to type something in another thread and thought, what's the point. I will say it here though. The disturbing trend on this site seems to be that if someone starts a thread about doom, gloom, or some catastrophic, planet destroying event, that thread gets dozens, if not hundreds of flags.
..............and it can be nothing other than a friend told me so...............

Proof is not needed if the topic is the right one. If it is one of those few topics (we all know which ones), then the yearning and desire for it to be true is all that matters. That crave pushes away any and all logical doubt.

Originally posted by Take Your Pick; There Are Thousands Of Options

This is what I want to happen, so I do not need any proof at all. My gut tells me that this one, THIS ONE, THIS IS IT, this is the most disastrous event that could ever possibly occur within my lifetime. This is so ridiculously unbelievable that if I did not NEED for this to be true, I would probably ask for some sort of credible evidence, but not this time, because THIS IS IT!!!!!!!
IT has to be......

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Its a sick world...Have you noticed that when people die, most people shrug it off like "yeah..whatever" but when you hear of an animal getting disembodied. People mourn and are deeply saddened. I hope doomsday doesn't happen but it seems like its already begun for Japan.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

As a matter of fact, several were getting angry yesterday about a very large snake that, according to the text that was linked in the OP, stated that it was accidental and caused from a machine while excavating. There were still several comments of "
how could they kill such a beautiful 20, 30, 50, 60 foot creature?!?!?!"

(that could swallow you whole within minutes)

edit to clarify: I would not advocate killing the animal(or any animal) that was doing no harm, but the article said it was accidental.
edit on 4/16/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ha, so true my friend. I love when the "I have an inside source who works for (insert agency here) and they told me we are all going to die on XX/XX/XXXX" is taken as gospel. No link, no photo, no anything, but that person said their source told them so it must be true.
edit on 16-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree to an extent... The fear mongering, the pure disdain of other races, religions, etc.. is unnerving at best. But such is life, we meet people day in and day out that have these feelings, this doesn't mean we have to agree with them. That is the beauty of free will.

There are many great minds on this site, which is what compels me to view it throughout the day. You can pretty much pick up on the BS threads after the first couple lines, at that point I ignore it, or continue reading for entertainment sake.

Although, I think allot of what we pick up on from these threads is anger; the general public is beginning to see the world in a different light right now compared to the people that have always questioned authority. Hence the sudden surge in members, these people want explanations, they want information, they want the truth and we are not getting it from our government.

The trolls will pop their heads up from the shadows from time to time, but if you need to get something off your chest this is surely the place to do it.

DC

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ok, I will agree with you that there are a few doomers out there that get there rocks off by disaster, but I think that the majority of us are just trying to keep up with what is going on. We want to know where the disaster is and where we think it will strike next. This is not some sick need to hear about destruction, or wishing pain on others, to say that is ridiculous. I want to know because I like being prepared, and I do hope something big happens, not because i want people to suffer, but because we need something to happen to start fresh, this world that we live in is a sick place, our government is to large and powerful for us to just "shut down" we cant do a darn thing. But if we go thru some cataclysmic trials, we have a chance to start anew, for the earth to be reborn in a way. No it wont be comfortable, and no it wouldnt be easy but I think it is necessary. So, go ahead and claim that I'm a bad guy or some twisted individual but im not, I live a normal life, Love my family and enjoy people, my life is good! But for the good of mankind and my children, something has to change, before its gone to far.
peace~

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't care what anyone thinks. But I get a mood lift when I hear of wars starting, or of disasters happening around the world. And yes, I would gladly defend my own country if it was being attacked.

I don't care if I'm not directly affected.
edit on 16-4-2011 by heyJude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Been discussed many times...
The world needs a wake up call or/and cleansing.
Thinking about you or your loved ones is selfish. The state of the world is more important than that.

And too many people`s lives are too miserable anyway, so why would death be a bad thing for them? Why would it even be bad for those with happy lives? We don`t really know what comes after that, so why worry?
edit on 16-4-2011 by mkpetrov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
Ok, I will agree with you that there are a few doomers out there that get there rocks off by disaster, but I think that the majority of us are just trying to keep up with what is going on. We want to know where the disaster is and where we think it will strike next. This is not some sick need to hear about destruction, or wishing pain on others, to say that is ridiculous. I want to know because I like being prepared, and I do hope something big happens, not because i want people to suffer, but because we need something to happen to start fresh, this world that we live in is a sick place, our government is to large and powerful for us to just "shut down" we cant do a darn thing. But if we go thru some cataclysmic trials, we have a chance to start anew, for the earth to be reborn in a way. No it wont be comfortable, and no it wouldnt be easy but I think it is necessary. So, go ahead and claim that I'm a bad guy or some twisted individual but im not, I live a normal life, Love my family and enjoy people, my life is good! But for the good of mankind and my children, something has to change, before its gone to far.
peace~

Star for you. I, like you, visit this site because I refuse to believe a goddamn thing the MSM has to say. This is where I stay abreast of what's taking place in the world. While I don't want it to happen tomorrow, I also believe that the only thing that's going to fix what we have done is for the planet or the cosmos to hit the "reset button" on us. We have spiraled too far out of control.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84.
Although, I think allot of what we pick up on from these threads is anger; the general public is beginning to see the world in a different light right now compared to the people that have always questioned authority. Hence the sudden surge in members, these people want explanations, they want information, they want the truth and we are not getting it from our government.
True, but that is a dangerous combination, when all of those new thoughts are entering into the 'old-thinking-brain.'
Goobermunt lies- Fact.
I wanna know
A: Why
B: Where
C: When
D: & How........ and I wanna know it NOW!!

Can create some empty pathways within the brain, that do not really put up any defense, and just let anything in as fact.........=dangerous

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I agree with a few of the posters on here that AT LEAST admit the ugly but honest truth...

WE LIKE DOOM

In a way, there is a part of people (especially in this day and age) where their lives become so mundane that we need a lil 'excitement' every now and then. Face it and admit it.

Remember when 'Faces of Death' came out in the late 90's? That was the 1st signs that we were becoming fascinated with real (live) death. Yes, it was sad and gory, but there was an "At least its not me" in the back of your mind as you watched it.

Now, with the internet being able to bring you live updates on anything anywhere in the world, we crave 'excitement' more and more.....its turned where now, its not good enough that a country has tremors....we're waiting on the megaquake.

Don't tell us that there is a tsunami, unless there are 30ft high waves...

and so on.

News comes to frequent and quick for us to be sensational about it, unless there is DISASTER.

ALSO

There is a sentiment in the United States where we feel a bit more 'special' than the rest of the world..

(come on people and lets admit that us Americans are narcisists, even though we don't want to admit it. We are ROME).

Anytime a catastrophe happens in a location that is NOT the U.S., we give it little attention and act nonchalant about their death toll...

"As least its not us...."

SO.... sometimes, some of us secretly feel that America needs a lil 'shakin up', to make us sensitive to the rest of the world. Too many times, we get 'spared', and it can appear unfair, even though we have no control over it.

Then our religious folks repeat things like, "Thank God it didn't happen here."
"God was watching over US (Americans)"
"God bless America!"

Skeptics love to say, "Oh, it'll never happen, not here"
"We won't see that in this lifetime"
"It can't happen to US"

and they need to be quieted...sometimes

Deep deep down inside, some us say "America needs to GET IT"/

Call it what you will, but its the truth.

edit on 16-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
This is not some sick need to hear about destruction, or wishing pain on others, to say that is ridiculous.

I agree with everything you say, except for this part. Don't get me wrong, I believe that it is ridiculous from yours, and many others, point of view. However the comment directly underneath yours, shows that it is not a ridiculous thought for everyone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join