It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red/Orange Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Just now I peeked out my window, and saw the moon being dark orange/red. Also in the sky there are streeks colored orangy. They are probably clouds, but they look very much like the Northen Lights. Any news about the sunspots activity?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I herd when the moon is like that there is dust in the air. Sometimes volcanic.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirusClock
Any news about the sunspots activity?

Look at this tread. There is some strange activity inside the sun....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

E_T

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
There's also lot simpler explanation if moon is near horizon. (scattering of light in atmosphere)
You could tell more details. (like time)

Did it look like that?
It's taken after Pinatubo's eruption but there haven't been any biger eruptions now.

Noctilucent clouds are other possibility but normally they don't have much colors.

One other possibility is pearl cloud.

Also rocket launchs can leave very colorful "clouds".

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Lots of sun activity.. check this link for an updated Aurora Map...
www.sec.noaa.gov/pmap/pmapN.html

The Aurora area has extended far more south than normal so that's likely what you saw.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes, it was near the horizon. Moments ago it started turning redder and slowly faded. But when I first spotted it, it was at around 50� in the sky (90� beign on top and 0� being the horizon), not very close to the horizon. It was pretty freeky and cool though.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
AURORA ALERT: A strong geomagnetic storm is underway, so sky watchers should be alert for auroras. The cause of the storm is a coronal mass ejection (CME), which swept past Earth at approximately 2310 UT (4:10 p.m. PDT) on July 26th. The CME (movie) was hurled into space by sunspot 652 on July 25th

www.spaceweather.com...

Way bad photo's and a movie of a CME as well as still shots of aurora.

TUT

E_T

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Looks good:

sec.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
At the end of the month there is going to be a Blue Moon. meaning it will be the second full moon in a month.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How fast do Auroras wave? The strokes that I saw were somewhat straight and they seemed to fade on both it's ends.

E_T

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirusClock
How fast do Auroras wave? The strokes that I saw were somewhat straight and they seemed to fade on both it's ends.

Movement of auroras happens pretty much in scale of ten seconds.

But you can see fast "rippling/shimmering" which rises from horizon to zenith under second and looks absolutely amazing.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

At the end of the month there is going to be a Blue Moon. meaning it will be the second full moon in a month.

If the Aurora ends up turning the moon blue on the 31st then that'd really be something!

top topics

join