It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving star??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
g'day everyone, the other night i saw what looked like a moving star now it
had no flashing light's like a plain or chopper to low to be a satilight made no noise
flew across the sky then vanished, like it went out to space. I see plenty of satilights
as i ive in the country.....this one had me stumpped.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by starfighter1978

to low to be a satilight

Its spelled satellite,
and how do you know it was flying at low altitude ?
How long time did you watch it, and why did you not take picture or video tape it ?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

well it was at night ofcourse and i can afford a good camera to film it and
my iphone wont take good pic's at night.

Thanks for the correction

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There's an asteroid passing between us and the moon currently. Might be that. You can read about it here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-4-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Did it look like the one in this thread? Change direction at all?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

to low to be a satilight

and how do you know it was flying at low altitude ?

because it looked close than what a satellight would be, alot bigger

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazernation

Did it look like the one in this thread? Change direction at all?

no, it did kind of fade away out in to space it looked cool

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
There's an asteroid passing between us and the moon currently. Might be that. You can read about it here.

edit on 16-4-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

na it was low, not as low as a plain but low enough to be seen very clear

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I saw something flying near the moon as well i am in outer east melbourne btw

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There is also the X-37 B been doing laps since the 5th of March. Poor thing seems to be cursed because everytime that there has been an earthquake since it has been directly above at the time.

Have a look at this link. Whenever you see something in future, you can have a look and see what is above your location and if the time and flight path fits the bill.

X 37 tracking

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You can go to heavens-above, put in your specific location and find out which known satellites will be visible from your area.

What you decribed -- especially the fade-out at the end and the non-flickering, apparent low orbit -- sound very much as though you saw the ISS (International Space Station). This time of year, the ISS is in a relatively low orbit (see ISS Height Profile) -- around 344 km. If the ISS isn't flying right over your head, it can appear very low, almost as though it is just over the horizon.

It is very bright when close to the observer, and while it's moving (I think I recall 18,000 mph) fairly fast, appears to be a slow, non-blinking starlike object. Note: The lower the magnitude, the brighter it appears, so a -3.4 mag. is VERY bright, and a 1.0 mag is not as bright.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omnislash772
I saw something flying near the moon as well i am in outer east melbourne btw

when did you see it??

i saw my one on thursday night

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

You can go to heavens-above, put in your specific location and find out which known satellites will be visible from your area.

What you decribed -- especially the fade-out at the end and the non-flickering, apparent low orbit -- sound very much as though you saw the ISS (International Space Station). This time of year, the ISS is in a relatively low orbit (see ISS Height Profile) -- around 344 km. If the ISS isn't flying right over your head, it can appear very low, almost as though it is just over the horizon.

It is very bright when close to the observer, and while it's moving (I think I recall 18,000 mph) fairly fast, appears to be a slow, non-blinking starlike object. Note: The lower the magnitude, the brighter it appears, so a -3.4 mag. is VERY bright, and a 1.0 mag is not as bright.

i did not no that i will check it out. thankyou my friend

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
There is also the X-37 B been doing laps since the 5th of March. Poor thing seems to be cursed because everytime that there has been an earthquake since it has been directly above at the time.

Have a look at this link. Whenever you see something in future, you can have a look and see what is above your location and if the time and flight path fits the bill.

X 37 tracking

somehow i dont think a X-37 B would be flying low over a small country town in australia

new topics

top topics

join