It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 US-led soldiers killed in Afghan war

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

Originally posted by LoverBoy
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

Info

If you act like an animal, Ill look at you like one.

Americans are becoming more and more like Muslim extremists.

Sorry, but, americans have more common sense than to strap a bomb to themselves and charge into a base.

Aside from that... I see where you're coming from in your original post.... I completely support the soldiers and their choices. I do NOT support the people telling them what to do. (The ones who sit in the chairs on home soil.... you know... with nothing to fear)
edit on 17-4-2011 by gabbermatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
So the OP is still rolling with the anti American jew hating rhetoric.......not surprised in the least. Ah well, at least he has more muzzie sympathizers with him now. Face it, you've been wrong the entire time and your insults aren't even that good..........you know like Obama said, judge him by the company he keeps............animal sympathizers deserve each other.....make your own forum and troll away.

Far out you sound like a brainwashed racist... Calling people muzzie & animal sympathisers? Do all you soldiers speak like that? Is that what your perfectly sweet and innocent military superiors teach you? Stop spewing your generalized slang hatred garbage. I sympathize for the innocent and so should you especially. It's blind ignorant people like you that make the Muslim/middle eastern world sound evil and scary.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blarged

No no no....its people I mean Muslims that behead innocent people because someone burned a book. That's more like it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I agree to an extent, I think we should be long gone out of there. At the same time don't try and throw out statistics that are KNOWINGLY false. I didn't pull that statistic, he pulled it himself. It just backfired because he couldn't read the fine print. ESTIMATED.....and 37% of those WERE CAUSED BY THE USA.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by blarged

No no no....its people I mean Muslims that behead innocent people because someone burned a book. That's more like it.

*SOME* muslims. See how that works?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Shame for the bood on your soul, Sniperman.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

Thanks, ill sleep better now.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blarged

No you missed it. Its Muslims like that, many, which make their own religion and way of life look extreme. If I could pull quotes I would but I do not know how but I was referring to the bottom part of your reply.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by blarged

No you missed it. Its Muslims like that, many, which make their own religion and way of life look extreme. If I could pull quotes I would but I do not know how but I was referring to the bottom part of your reply.

Nope you missed it. MOST muslims around the world are FRIENDLY human beings just like you or me. If you think the bad ones represent the entire religious group in your own mind then you are brainwashed and biased too and should not be armed in a foreign country with those muslims that you are meant to be fighting for.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blarged

If it wasn't for the savage actions of those muslims, I wouldn't have gone over there. You do notice the "those" right? I never said all Muslims.
edit on 17-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Okay so exactly what are you trying to debate with me then? Tell me where you disagree with me.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blarged

You stated "Its blind ignorant people like you that make the Muslim/ME world sounds evil and scary." Its not people like him....think about it. If the Muslims didn't act how they do then maybe people wouldn't see how savage many of them are in the M.E. If they didn't commit barbaric crimes then people wouldn't be scared. Its not what someone says about them that defines them. Its THEIR OWN ACTIONS.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by blarged

If the Muslims didn't act how they do then maybe people wouldn't see how savage many of them are in the M.E.

If *THOSE* Muslims. By saying 'the muslims' You still sound like your taking a dig at the entire religion. It's called propaganda and false flag operations and they have been used to trigger feelings of mistrust & hatred for key selected groups for centuries. You guys are the everyday people taught to think like that. All i'm saying is actually isolate who you are talking about so we can all finally get one step further to being a unified race. So start calling them extremists instead of just plain ol' muslims. We are all sick of war. Start making a change for the better. They are humans and we are humans. We are all killing each other. We all hate extremists but they are humans too that just got taken in the wrong direction. I'm not saying the war is wrong or criticizing your reasons for going. All i'm saying is don't talk about the entire religiouis group when you post about extremists.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I do it for the adrenaline rush, getting shot at and returning fire is one of the best there is. Say whatever you like, but most of you will never appreciate life the way we do.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here ill keep it short and simple since you keep directing away from it. What people say about Muslims doesn't define them. Their own actions is what does.
edit on 17-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's a job that carries the risk of death.
It was also a job they wasn't forced into.
Sad that it happened but thats kinda what happens in battle zones, bullets and bombs tend to be fired back and forth a bit.
Or was they just in it for the praise like a certain member of my family who admittedly is in it to "shoot pakis" (quote) and was already hoisted on a heroes pedestal before his boots touched Afghan soil.
I guarantee thats another five families that joined the "bring em home" brigade, but they was quite proud before they lost the game, and it is a game because it sure as hell isn't a war, its just rich mans chess.

Originally posted by NoClue206

I do it for the adrenaline rush, getting shot at and returning fire is one of the best there is. Say whatever you like, but most of you will never appreciate life the way we do.

Fine, kudos on admitting your reason for being there, you get paid to take the gamble and you get some fun out of it.
Just tell your family not to make up Rambo stories and "he was there protecting blah blah blah freedoms" and expect me to give a damn if you get killed in a job where you are paid to kill with the risk of being killed.
Just like I don't feel a damn thing when a matador is gored to death.
edit on 17-4-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by blarged

If we generalize then all Americans rape their women, and all Christians molest their kids, and they all love death and destruction.

Sorry mate, your Semper Fi logic doesn't cut it/

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

the U.S. government who sends troops to Afghan. When you sign up for the armed services you better be ready to accept anything and everything that comes your way.

That's my point, LoverBoy disagrees with you, he says you don't have to accept anythiing and everything that comes your way.

He think you still have free will when you have signed the contract.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ninja9771991

Yes I agree *ed up people live in places where you start wars, but don't forget #ed up people live in America to, I can give you some examples, but that doesn't give anyone legitimacy to risk millions of lives, and shove your own way of life, governing and economic system down other people's throats at the barrel of a gun, or nuke in this case.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ncoic

Nope, I still believe you can't disobey orders, they send you to Afghanistan to kill those who you have never met in your life, and be killed by those who are defending their own country, many refused the murder of strangers and defected to Canada. If you want to talk about morality then please tell me why didn't the soldiers refuse orders when they were told to carpet bomb Fallujah? Just because no one asked you to rape Iraqi or Afghani detainees, that doesn't mean no other soldier has been commanded to do the same.

The whole debate about "slave" is ignorant. (Lol, imagine that, I consider slavery a career). I suppose if we in the military are slaves though, we're breaking records! Best damn treatment and pay that any "slave" in history has achieved. Did slaves ever even get more than the bare necessities?

I think you see slavery in general through the harsh treatment of Slaves in the last century. In some although not very widespread, Slaves were treated like human beings, Slavery doesn't mean how you are treated, rather whether you are owned or not. You're owned, and you can't deny it can you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join