It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 US-led soldiers killed in Afghan war

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

Actually they are 18 or older. In America kids aren't allowed in the military.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Humans do have an amazing capacity for believing what they choose -- and excluding that which is painful.
Truth, for example.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR
...of these individuals who have been sacrificed for nothing,...

I'm sorry, your post is full of fail. A) They CHOSE to be there. B) We didn't. C) I'm not the U.S. government who sends troops to Afghan. When you sign up for the armed services you better be ready to accept anything and everything that comes your way. Granted, it's hard to tie together you laying face down in some foreign country cold and dead when you take then pen and sign away, but it IS a reality which can (and has happened) to you and your brothers in arms.

But like another poster said, they chose to be there. No one forced them. And like I said above, they knew what they were getting themselves into. (Hopefully)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
After 16 years of active duty in the US Army - and deployments - and discharged after a training accident, I agree with the attitude of the OP. There are no good reasons for war. Politicians start wars and then soldiers fight them.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

i agree with both parts of this post i dont believe the goverment went over there for those people they could give two #s about those people yea and SOME us soldiers commit war crimes

but some people in afghanistan and iraq are #ed up in the head they murder innocent people and they litterally have no rights at all is that were any of you would want to live and if u did would you like it if the rest of the world just stood by and said oh well # it some soldiers do fight for a good cuase and for everyone who has been in these wars i thank you for your service
edit on 17-4-2011 by ninja9771991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's kind of funny. Reading alot of these posts, people are giving their "opinions" with no substantial proof or experience to back it up. If all of you with strong opinions grew a pair and joined for one term, you might have a more credible foundation.

Orders that are illegal, immoral, or unethical can be disobeyed. Conversely, your commanding officer's opinion of you will be affected (aw, I hurt his feelings) and it can open the door to reprisal (illegal, but it happens). Sucks, especially since they're the ones with a great deal of influence over your career.

The whole debate about "slave" is ignorant. (Lol, imagine that, I consider slavery a career). I suppose if we in the military are slaves though, we're breaking records! Best damn treatment and pay that any "slave" in history has achieved. Did slaves ever even get more than the bare necessities?

You must watch the news (which is by far the most reliable source of information, LOL). As far as raping, killing innocents, or torturing prisoners, we're all human last time I checked. That gives us the capacity for both great good and great evil. Sometimes we have unsavory characters that give commands that no once stands up to. Sometimes we have commands given that people stand against. Sometimes commands aren't even needed and people take it on themselves to satisfy their own selfish desires. For clarification, I've never witnessed any raping, killing innocents, or torture. Would it be different if a completely different group of people made up our military? No. Wrongdoings would still happen, just like in the government, churches, schools, corporations, and even "oh gosh" circles of friends. Wow, seems like bad things happen everywhere, just at different levels of intensity due to available resources that can be abused.

If anyone can be so adamant and outspoken about things that happen that maybe shouldn't. Do something about it. Join a corrupt group and try to influence change for the better, at least within your sphere of influence.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So the OP is still rolling with the anti American jew hating rhetoric.......not surprised in the least. Ah well, at least he has more muzzie sympathizers with him now. Face it, you've been wrong the entire time and your insults aren't even that good..........you know like Obama said, judge him by the company he keeps............animal sympathizers deserve each other.....make your own forum and troll away.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I don't mean to interrupt a thread here, but this peace guy is obsessed with racism. The last thread I was reading he spouts off at the mouth with your a racist. I think you have some major issues guy or someone has hurt you so bad you feel you have to call everyone a racist. When the fact is your the racist.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You are the one who thinks they died for nothing, patriots believe they died for a reason silly.... and silly is not the word I wanted to use. You make me mad with your oxymoron request.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I know not of the motives the OP had in creating this post.

But I gave him a star & flag for daring to point out the obvious. America is not "the land od the free and the home of the brave" anymore. America is run by the elite who not only don't give a damn about soldiers, they detest them and want to see them dead. Young people who are called upon to give their limbs and lives for no damned good reason need to be aware of this nation's warmongering ways. War without end....good for banker's and industrialist's PROFITS.

Suppose they gave a war and nobody came.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Look at his other threads he is a racist, anti American, anti semite..............just trolling for moe people like himself. And your reply really doesn't adress the OT, the fact that he thinks those doing the killing are innocent. Ignorance at it's finest.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In my opinion this thread was created to give the op a platform to bash the U.S. and it's military
. Don't feed it!

Edit: Crap, I just fed it. Okay starting now.
edit on 17-4-2011 by JMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Pretty sure catholics are the molestors by far

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Millions of Iraqis? Last time I checked the death toll for Iraqis was in the neighborhood of 100,000. Many, many of those deaths are result of their OWN people. Sure, displacement occurred but that was voluntary. Maybe if their neighbors weren't just as bad as Saddam they would've been treated like human beings when they left Iraq.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

For Iraqi civilians it was around 37000 since the war started, and 37% of that was from the US. He can't provide any sources to back up his claims, they only refute it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Oh, that sounds so noble and sweet. lf what you say is the truth then why have so many soldiers come home with pts. You make it sound as if you did them a favour. Killing innocent men women and children is never right. Yes what Saddam did was wrong, of course, he would not have been able to do half of the damage he did were it not for the horrific weapons we sold to him. You are proud of what you did?. Shame on you. More innocent people have been killed in lraq and Afghanistan than Hitler and Saddam put together.Both countries are covered with depleted uranium, phospherous gas was used to horrificaly kill people including babies. And you are PROUD of what you have done.? You travelled thousands of miles to do your corrupt masters bidding. The blood on your hands will stain your soul, Shame on you.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
People join the armed services for a number of reasons.
To some it's a JOB when there are none in the private sector.
Some join to get out of bad situations, family's, neighborhoods.
Some join to purely serve their country.
And while the armed services can and do include some bad eggs in their recruiting.
Most of these fine men and women allow me to live my everyday life.
And to be able to post whatever i think on the net.
They allow me to drive to the store without being blown up by a car bomb.
And in a perfect world they allow countries where they are stationed a chance at a better world.
Though this is not a perfect world and they are put in harm's way where they shouldn't be.
They are put in places where the native people are not progressive enough to take advantage of their sacrifice.
And in those instances they should be recalled.
But to me they are all HEROES PERIOD.
And i will give them my support regardless.
And you should too!
And thats all i got ta say bout dat.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
American soldiers as a group have a stated purpose, and then the individual soldiers have their personal purpose for being anywhere.

As a rule, soldiers do not fight for their commanders, their branch of service, their country, Mom, or apple pie.

They FIGHT for each other.

They may join for their country, but they always first and last, fight for each other.

Our problem in both Iraq and Afghanistan is our dumbass commanders. They want to use conventional troops trained with conventional tactics, using conventional equipment to fight an unconventional war.

They are fighting a war of attrition.

That's not to say that the stated purpose is not noble, but they are about as tactically and strategically sound as a mudpuppy.

IF, and I would emphasize IF we need to fight anywhere, we bring the whole kitchen. We go in hard, kill the SOB's, and then get out and prepare for our next need.

To hold or attempt to hold or control territory is manpower inefficient. Our commanders haven't learned the lessons that have been known and proven for millennia, thus our strategic failures and our frustrations.

"What's it like here?"

"Oh, we get up, go out, kill a few of them. Then they kill a few of us. Next day, same thing."

This is the most wasteful, stupid methodology of conflict ever conceived.

It's not our soldiers fault. They're doing extremely well given their tasks and limitations. They're having to fight with one hand tied behind their backs, and with another fifty looking over their shoulders.

If we're not going to fight smart - then let's pack it up and come home.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

More people in Afghanistan and Iraq have been killed then by Hitler and Saddam put together? Innocent people? Civilians? Nope, source is on the previous page. I would like to see a source for Hitler and Saddam put together...

I know PTSD very well. I have been diagnosed with it.

Just to let you know, I am my own master. I did what I wanted to do as this military you join voluntarily. I never took an innocent life, maybe to you who hasn't been over there, but not to me. Basketball is hard, but the more you play the better you get. Running is difficult but the more you run the better you get at it and the easier it becomes. Taking a life is difficult, the more you have to do it the easier it becomes. When you step out of a warzone and come back home, it is difficult to transition.
I never armed Saddam. I did however help put him out of power. Nothing you or anyone else says can ever change that. Shame on me? I have heard much worse behind a computer. How about something not so original?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i get the feeling that the supposed 37000 is just a farce...I highly doubt they would release the truth of how many people were killed...and if you're going to say "oh, why would the government lie to us" garb, you might as well just slap yourself in the face...

The whole reason we're over there was a farce from the beginning if you ask me...we're the suppressing nation this time...they've already voiced their opinion that they don't want us there...yet we give them the middle finger and tell them "too bad" "deal with it"...not right if you ask me
edit on 17-4-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join