It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods judgement on America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am not what you call religious to any particular faith, I have my beliefs and my opinions and I am open to different interpretations to how I believe religion should be interpreted.

In my journey for truth I came across this particular video on youtube

Now I dont know weather or not some of what has happened was self fullfilling prophecy or by some twist of faith made these events take place.
I do not live in the US, but I do find the events and the passeges from the bible a little strange.

This is not a religious thread as such, more of a question of if these events took place and if so, what would be the next sign?

edit on 16-4-2011 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Oh, good....your "imaginary friend" ('god') is revealed in all 'his' glory!

LOL!!!

(edit)....I liked it better when the OP was blank, when I first replied. Very existential, that! >wink<

The video? More silly religious mumbo-jumbo. And, apparently "Stauros" can't even spell 'judgement' properly, in the superimposed text in the film. Guess he didn't "pray" hard enough for assistance??
edit on 16 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

To spiritually astounding to be put in words I take it?

pretty cool

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Something tells me this is like the "CH_RCH - whats missing" thing

OK there is the meat and potatoes!
edit on 16-4-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thats what happens when you hit enter after typing a headline
it posts it.'
I hadn't finished, but good to see people starring fluff for the sake of starring fluff

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Interesting, not only is god political and obsessed with geography but he/she/it/them/they will "judge" based on association (America).

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by drblair
Interesting, not only is god political and obsessed with geography but he/she/it/them/they will "judge" based on association (America).

and I see that you formed an opinion before watching the clip as I had only just embedded it properly less than 2 minutes prior to your reply.
must be remarkable being able to judge before knowing the facts.
I salute your prophetic abilities.

try looking at the clip without the religion and just listen the words,

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Reply was based on the thread title alone. Watching the vid NOW and seeing how it is youtube I expect profound secrets to be revealed to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If your god speaks through killing then I choose to turn my back upon him and seek that what would act with kindness and love

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

This is not about God or Jesus or Bhudda.
The questions are about the words and events themselves taking place.

I am asking if a cedar replaced a Sycamore, I am asking did these leaders make these speech's

again, forget the religion and look at the bible more as a text book full of words and not hidden messages from invisible freinds.

for a group who constantly spouts deny ignorance it sounds more like a catch phrase rather than a belief.

and the reason I used the title is because it is part of the title of the clip

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
2 Peter 3:3 First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

Acts 13:41 "'Look, you scoffers, wonder and perish, for I am going to do something in your days that you would never believe, even if someone told you.'"

2 Peter 3: 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?
for since the fathers fell asleep,
all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of,
that by the word of God the heavens were of old,
and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was,
being overflowed with water, perished:

PSALMS 73

1 Surely God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;
I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4 They have no struggles;
their bodies are healthy and strong.[a]
5 They are free from common human burdens;
they are not plagued by human ills.
6 Therefore pride is their necklace;
they clothe themselves with violence.
7 From their callous hearts comes iniquity;
their evil imaginations have no limits.
8 They scoff, and speak with malice;
with arrogance they threaten oppression.
9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven,
and their tongues take possession of the earth.
10 Therefore their people turn to them
and drink up waters in abundance.[c]
11 They say, “How would God know?
Does the Most High know anything?”

12 This is what the wicked are like—
always free of care, they go on amassing wealth.

13 Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure
and have washed my hands in innocence.
14 All day long I have been afflicted,
and every morning brings new punishments.

15 If I had spoken out like that,
I would have betrayed your children.
16 When I tried to understand all this,
it troubled me deeply
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;
then I understood their final destiny.

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Oh, good....your "imaginary friend" ('god') is revealed in all 'his' glory!

LOL!!!

(edit)....I liked it better when the OP was blank, when I first replied. Very existential, that! >wink<

The video? More silly religious mumbo-jumbo. And, apparently "Stauros" can't even spell 'judgement' properly, in the superimposed text in the film. Guess he didn't "pray" hard enough for assistance??
edit on 16 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I do appreciate the bible quotes SuperiorEd, but I am not looking for spiritual guidence, I am trying to clarify the events that took place and the words spoken.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I say it only matters if they choose these words and actions over another if you make it about God

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

this is not about any God
This is about words alone, words in a book and words spoken by men.

I am not looking for a religious debate on who or what God is or weather he/she is right or wrong for what they do.

I am trying to make a link to see if there is any possibility that there may be some sort of coincidence between the events that took place and the words spoken by men after the events.

You may not believe in God, I may not, that does not mean that people in power in the US don't

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This video reminds us of the reason for justice. In America today, we are not observing justice as a nation. Our laws are falling away from justice and in the next Chapter of Isaiah, we see the result.

Isaiah 10:

1 Woe to those who make unjust laws,
to those who issue oppressive decrees,
2 to deprive the poor of their rights
and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people,
making widows their prey
and robbing the fatherless.
3 What will you do on the day of reckoning,
when disaster comes from afar?
To whom will you run for help?
Where will you leave your riches?
4 Nothing will remain but to cringe among the captives
or fall among the slain.

Now go back a chapter, where the video quotes, and look one section up from these verses. You see where God is going with all of this. The entire world will be under Christ. This prophecy comes from the 8th century BC to our day. God draws the future into the past for us to see twice. Once when you read it in the past and once as it passes us by in the present back to the future. God is AMAZING!

ISAIAH 9:
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There are no words on earth that match these events to purpose apart from the Bible. God draws the future into the past for us to see as our verification that His hidden hand is at work. All the events in our lives point us back to God. Faith, Hope and Love is the answer. Without faith, you cannot have hope. You will have bias in your heart against God instead of love. I don't say this to condemn anyone. I say it to point back to the one who made you from the dust of the earth, allowing you to see the story that is presented. This is God's bestowal of love for his creation. Love cannot be found apart from the struggles for it.

Hebrews 11:3

1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I do appreciate the bible quotes SuperiorEd, but I am not looking for spiritual guidence, I am trying to clarify the events that took place and the words spoken.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Judgement by god, interesting concept.
In the grand scheme of things (if there is one) an omnipotent omnicient god would have little or no interest in political subdivisions. Bible verses? Might as well be comic books.
Just fuggedaboutit - god has (iIf there were such a thing).

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Not only does he care about the events that tell His story of Love. He also cares enough to remind us that there are some who will scoff at this fact. What motivation does an individual have to scoff at God? Objectivism and pride. Placing self-knowledge above God's perfect word. Consciousness rises back to its source, not above. Nothing rises against the flow of entropy except life and consciousness, animated by the information within the design. A dead acorn rots; a live acorn rises to the mighty oak. God is the designer and governor.

2 Peter 3:3 First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

Acts 13:41 "'Look, you scoffers, wonder and perish, for I am going to do something in your days that you would never believe, even if someone told you.'"

Originally posted by ganjoa
Judgement by god, interesting concept.
In the grand scheme of things (if there is one) an omnipotent omnicient god would have little or no interest in political subdivisions. Bible verses? Might as well be comic books.
Just fuggedaboutit - god has (iIf there were such a thing).

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The video is interesting and I can certainly see the parallels. I agree that America is facing the judgement of God. God is within us all, every man, woman, and child on this planet is part of that divine consciousness. When you realise this and take a look at what America has done to the world, you will realise that judgement is just.

America was a blessed nation being gifted the most free society in the world. Yet for our blessings we used this freedom to maintain slavery even after other nations let it go. When we finally freed our mind of the idea of enslaving our fellow man, we oppressed them instead and judged them beneath us for the color of their skin. We destroyed the native inhabitants of this land and forced them into reservations. We claimed land that was not ours and drove those native inhabitants across an artificial border of our own creation. Now when they come across that border seeking to partake of our wealth and opportunity, we condemn them and force them back.

America grew wealthy and prosperous by exploiting other cultures and nations around the world. We stole other nations resources and kept those countries poor that we could rise to the top of the proverbial heap. Whether it be sugar, gold, oil, cocoa, rice, fish, what ever can be consumed we declared a national interest, and warred against our Brothers and Sisters either through financial manipulation or out right aggression to obtain what we want from them.

When ever a people realised the exploitation and rose up, we labeled them the enemy and cut ties with them while putting them in the sights of our war machine. Cuba, Venezuela, Iraq, Iran, Russia, China, Libya, Yemen, the list goes on and on. Only when a nation rises to our technological or military equal do we then humble ourself to even dealings with them. Even then we strive to find a weakness we can exploit, and when found, through subterfuge and deception, we exploit it until that nation falls and we once again can exploit it's people.

While doing this we oppress ourselves. What once was the beacon of freedom to the world, has become the greatest police state, an example to tyrants every where of how to dazzle your people so greatly that they beg for their own chains. Through the method of creating fear and offering security through loss of liberty the American people have become nothing more than gerbils in a cage. Their substandard food keeps them docile, the wheel of constant mind numbing entertainment keeps them uninformed, and the deterioration of their health keeps them unable to revolt if they wanted to.

So, YES! God is judging America. Not the people who make up America, though they will suffer through their attachment to the nation, but the nation itself will be thrown down. It is not a judgement of hate, but rather a judgement of love, for the people of the world, and even the people of the nation itself, must be liberated from this oppressive regime.

When the smoke clears, the true enemies will be revealed to the people of this country, and the people will mourn that they were so easily subdued.

Zion will fall. America is the new Babylon. Come out of her.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Gods judgement on America

Belief in God is based entirely on faith.Interpretations of the Bible and the messages within are equally based on this.

It is up to the individual to decide whether there is a God and if they wish to live their lives in accordance to their interpretations of the same.

In the end, if they are wrong, then they will die and go nowhere. There will be no heaven, no hell, no life after physical death and no judgment for their lives. Nothing is gained, nothing is lost.. it was entirely harmless.

But if their IS a God, then our actions in this life do mean something. For those who believe or even just suspect this to be true, then there is a good reason to try and live in a way that will lead to a positive ending. For those who don't believe, there is no reason at all to feel accountable and as such, animal instinct takes over.

God's judgment of America and the world, whatever that may eventually be, is entirely dependent on His existence. If you don't believe, then don't worry about any of it or those who do believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join