It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Projection of the Mind - Is reality real, or really reality?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Although I understand your questions, I have no context for an answer. What are you referring to?

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Do you know god? Do you walk with god?
Or have you read about God and Jesus?
edit on 18-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There is a very good answer to this one. It take NOUS to figure it out.

WIKIPEDIA on KOAN
"It consists of a story, dialogue, question, or statement, the meaning of which cannot be understood by rational thinking but may be accessible through intuition."

NOUS
"...also called intellect or intelligence, is a philosophical term for the faculty of the human mind which is described in classical philosophy as necessary for understanding what is true or real, very close in meaning to intuition."

GNOSIS
"...is the spiritual knowledge of a saint[1] or mystically enlightened human being. Within the cultures of the term's provenance (Byzantine and Hellenic) Gnosis was a knowledge or insight into the infinite, divine and uncreated in all and above all,[2] rather than knowledge strictly into the finite, natural or material world."

The progression is to find NOUS and gain Gnosis. Gnosis comes from knowing God. NOUS comes from God. LOGOS carries the message through the Holy Spirit. Christ (Jesis) is the Word (John 1), or LOGOS who takes the message to the world.

The 'one hand clapping' is a koan.
A koan is a phase that has no answer. It is supposed to confuse the mind into silence. This silence is the answer.

edit on 18-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Are you at peace, or do you strive and struggle, do you suffer? Do you experience freedom? Is life wonderful? Does it feel like a blessing or a curse?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You miss the point completely when you say there is a good answer to a koan. Really, there is. But it is not in words. A koan is supposed to confuse the mind, because a koan has no answer in words, but it does answer with the feeling it radiates.. This radiance, this presence is it.
When that feeling, that presence is felt, really felt all is known to be ok. All is well.
That presence that you are when joined with this moment, is consciousness. The holy union. The whole thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Humans have been trained to never admit to not knowing. Even if they don't know they think it is really important that they do. The thought of not knowing can send a person in to blind panic. Defensiveness, pride, all to protect that individual selfness.
A koan is a tool to help break the continual having to know.
When the mind stills..........

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Some good points. My aim in writing that long article was to bring all my reading together into one post. Just an attempt to connect it all to my biblical perspective. Matrix is a good analogy. I think the original movie was based on Descartes philosophy of reality. Have you ever seen these videos? This guy's book is amazing.

Originally posted by napistum
all reality differs, yours is different from mine and vice versa. life would seem pointless if reality wasn't real, I don't believe I know anything given all information around us is subjective but one thing i'm sure of is that the universe does not conjure up pointlessness. everything serves it's purpose and projects a reason, that reason can be on any level, and as subtle as it may seem, it too will serve it's purpose. certainly reality is not what the media portrays it to be or what it should be, so that's why our souls will continuously debate the matrix. It's the constant reminder of duality, one does not exist with the other.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I can see that. It seems to be innate to our design. Much of what you say is very closely matched in the Corpus Hermeticum. Have you read it? The Way of Hermes is a book written by several scholars who attempt to give the most accurate English translation possible. I would recommend it to you if you have never read it. Your philosophy matches it perfectly. I would still recommended that you explore the biblical roots of how this ties in to redemptions and atonement. I'm still not sure what our differences of opinion are here, but it seems that you are in disagreement in some area. Feel free to elaborate.

Humans have been trained to never admit to not knowing. Even if they don't know they think it is really important that they do. The thought of not knowing can send a person in to blind panic. Defensiveness, pride, all to protect that individual selfness.
A koan is a tool to help break the continual having to know.
When the mind stills..........

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
My understanding is that a Koan has no right answer but reveals many perspectives. I was simply pointing out that it is more than a feeling. It's a relationship. Everything is in relationship to everything else. This is one hand needing another to clap. Not possible alone. Many people place their trust within themselves and miss the point. The relationship is with God in humility, apart from pride. The polarity of self is opposite to being one with God in a reciprocal relationship of bestowal. God is active in this relationship and not merely one and the same as you. One hand does not clap by itself. It needs another to come in contact with to gain perspective.

You miss the point completely when you say there is a good answer to a koan. Really, there is. But it is not in words. A koan is supposed to confuse the mind, because a koan has no answer in words, but it does answer with the feeling it radiates.. This radiance, this presence is it.
When that feeling, that presence is felt, really felt all is known to be ok. All is well.
That presence that you are when joined with this moment, is consciousness. The holy union. The whole thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

To me biblical roots are a story, all the writings are stories that point to the real root.
The book, the author are not important. What is being pointed to is not some time later when you die, or long ago in a far off land. It is not special and it is not hidden.
We don't see it because we look for it.
Our natural state is a state of oneness, we have just been confused by the apparent many things.
At one ment points to this ever present moment and you being one.
But no that can't be it, it must be something else so we go read a book about how to find oneness.
It is very suble.
All this is spoken in the english language with out bringing in the past.
The bible is written in another language about the apparent past, although it is only ever read in the present.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Not a relationship, a knowing, a safeness, a cozy yumminess.
One hand clapping, can you hear it? Listen.
Impossible for you to just listen to that sound. Some hear it though, because they take the time out to listen. It is the most beautiful, exquisite sound.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Another koan is; what am i? or alternatively, what is this?
Anything that can shock the mind into stopping for even a brief moment so that the light behind it can be seen is good.
Can you stop thought long enough to see what is behind it?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sure. Again, this is covered in the Bible. Elijah and the "Still small voice" story. 2 Kings 19

My root truth comes from the truth in the Bible. I am curious what you are drawing your perspective from. What writings? What teachings?

Another koan is; what am i? or alternatively, what is this?
Anything that can shock the mind into stopping for even a brief moment so that the light behind it can be seen is good.
Can you stop thought long enough to see what is behind it?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

The writing come through me but not from me. I know where god lives and i walk with him. Though, when i am with him, i do not exist, i see with his eyes and hear with his ears.
I do not want you to believe what i have written. I do not believe, i know now not to believe anything written. There is only one truth and when it is seen, it is known.

The religions all point to the one truth. The one truth is not in the past or future and it is not somewhere else.
One pointed awareness.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
1 Corinthians 1 will tell you that if you are listening to the spirit of the world, the spirit of God is not found in you. His wisdom will seem as foolishness to you. Be careful what you believe. Even apart from texts like the Bible, the world's wisdom will deceive you into buying into separating yourself from the true God. If you are listening to another spirit, you are being deceived into worshiping at the alter of another. You cannot save yourself. If the Holy Spirit is in the temple of your heart, then the fruit you bear will be righteous and reflect altruism, placing others first above self. Know the spirits by their fruit. If the spirit allows for unrighteousness, you are listening to the spirit of the world. Only you can know I suppose.

The writing come through me but not from me. I know where god lives and i walk with him. Though, when i am with him, i do not exist, i see with his eyes and hear with his ears.
I do not want you to believe what i have written. I do not believe, i know now not to believe anything written. There is only one truth and when it is seen, it is known.

The religions all point to the one truth. The one truth is not in the past or future and it is not somewhere else.
One pointed awareness.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Corinthians 1 is one of the many spirits ( mirages, illusions) of the world, if i was to listen to him i would not be hearing the one true god.
I am very careful not to believe in any 'thing', for things are spirits of the world.
I worship at no alter, of any other. I am one.
There is no other to worship.
Just a thankfullness that there is such beauty.

Salvation is liberation from the person.
The Self is all there is.
The person, individual (selfness) ceases to be.
It all becomes one.
That one is this.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Every 'thing' is seen and heard, all of the many 'things', the mirages, the illusions, the show.
However, there is no 'thing' that troubles me.
All 'things' are aspects of me, reflections, refractions, leading all ways toward the light.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I won't bother you any longer. I would suggest you consider what you may be missing. It only gets better once you realize truth in fullness.

From the Corpus Hermeticum, Poimandres.

"The Light," he siad. "That is I, Nous, your God, who was before the watery substance which appeared out of the darkness; and the clear Word from Nous is the Son of God.

"How can that be", I said

"Know this", He said, "That which sees and hears within you is separate from each other, for their union is life."

Also, Book 13

Son Tat: "Tell me this also. Who is the author of rebirth?"
Hermes: "The Son of God, man complete, and this by God's will."

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

As verification of this, God is the Light and the Word is wave that carries the light. In physics, this is the duality of light, both particle and wave. This is your proof of what I say. The evidence is when you bring it into your heart for the first time.

Every 'thing' is seen and heard, all of the many 'things', the mirages, the illusions, the show.
However, there is no 'thing' that troubles me.
All 'things' are aspects of me, reflections, refractions, leading all ways toward the light.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I thought the evidence was in the fruit.
I have lived in hell on this earth. I experienced hell for a very long time. I used to dream of suicide, not that i wanted to die, life was just so painful. There was only blackness in front of me and blackness behind me.
I now live in heaven upon this earth.
The world is so beautiful it takes my breath away.
To me that is the fruit.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It's easy to feel out of context with the world. How did you heal your inner conflicts?

I thought the evidence was in the fruit.
I have lived in hell on this earth. I experienced hell for a very long time. I used to dream of suicide, not that i wanted to die, life was just so painful. There was only blackness in front of me and blackness behind me.
I now live in heaven upon this earth.
The world is so beautiful it takes my breath away.
To me that is the fruit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join