It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Projection of the Mind - Is reality real, or really reality?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is not logical. God is one. If he makes a copy of Himself in us, and we are Him, then God has made two or a billion. We are an image only. God is the source. Now, if you want to argue the Hermetic view that God is The ALL, then I'm with you. But, the cell in my body is not me, it is part of me. It has a function. We are NOUS of God on loan. If we want to keep this, we produce the image of faith, hope and love. Love is not possible apart from the humility of faith in God. If you place faith in yourself as God, you have placed self above God. This was the first mistake man made in the garden. God offered education in the garden to obtain knowledge. We made the choice to follow the adversary for our knowledge. As a result, God said we would toil on the earth for that knowledge. Despite our choice, God is still there teaching us each step. We are images working our way back to the source of the image.

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by SuperiorEd

We are gods image made. The image that is seen is god. God is sometimes referred to a Self. All that is seen is Self. God is perfect in his imperfections. When you look in the mirror you say that you see yourself but if you had to describe what you see it would be very difficult. Everything that you see is a reflection of Self.

edit on 16-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

God never made a copy of himself. God is like a diamond with many beams of light reflecting, we are no more that a beam of light. The little light beam, like the wave thinks it is separate and being separate is scary. The fear that is produced by the separateness, is unfounded. The beam of light tries everything to find it's way home, looking at all the other beams/waves struggle and fight for survival or salvation. It looks at other beams of light (mirages) to hold on to but they all crumble and collapse because it has no real substance.
One day the lightbeam or wave get so tired or disillusioned that it gives up completely. Instead of falling apart there is a return to source. I am the diamond.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If you image that God is all there is, then he decides to make something else, then a frame of reference is needed. God cannot copy Himself, or there would be two. God is one. The only alternative is to represent Himself in an Image within Himself. This goes back to the Corpus Hermeticum of Hermes. God projects Himself in an Image, within Himself. A metaphor for this is the way we dream. The dream can be as real as your everyday experience, yet is within you mind only. God's mind is infinite possibility with no limits. This reality is a possibility within this limitless framework. It is creation; nothing form something. Possibility is between nothing and something.

So, what are we? We are the silver cord of NOUS, bestowed by God to be unique. God created the impossible by making us in His image. We are imperfect, otherwise, we would be an exact image. God is one, not two.

When we are born, we are blank. Our soul, before entering the body, contained all knowledge (See Socrates and other philosophers for more on this concept). As we live this life, we rediscover the truth that is already there. Essentially, the soul is from the perfect image, placed in the imperfect image and given the ability to work its way back to the source. This process creates a unique 4th dimensional sculpture. We live in the third dimension and move in the fourth dimension of time. The sculpture we create starts at a temporal point in time and then moves to an ending point. We present this sculpture back to God. Judgment happens and then we are rewarded or punished by our actions.

You say it is self when you look in the mirror. That could be for you. When I look in the mirror, I see the gift of duality. I see the gift that God has granted me and I see the bio-mechanical suit that allows me to sense the material world. Finding faith, hope and Love is the point. Only love remains. Everything else is burned away by the refiner's fire. Birth and rebirth is one possibility. Birth and eternal death is another.

Hebrew Parable

Two twin brothers are in a womb, basking in the warm and nourishing environment of their caretaker. Life is progressing, but a sinking feeling comes over the twins as they realize that they are both dropping down somewhere new. They each start to wonder what the future holds. One twin senses that a new reality, better than the first, is about to be given as a gift. The other twin—the skeptic—refuses to believe in anything past the womb and tries to convince his brother that he is delusional.

The first twin says, “After we leave this world, a new reality will emerge; a reality that we never could have imagined; a reality more glorious than any we have known. We will have improved vision and there will be an infinite variety of new objects to delight the eyes. We will each stand on our two legs and be able to walk here and there with ease.”

The skeptical brother doubted this view. He says, “You are not making any sense. This is foolishness. What you see here is all there is. Get over it. We have no proof of this foolish belief. We will live here and die. That’s all; nothing more.”

Suddenly, and without warning, the fluid surrounding the two twins begins to rush away. The womb violently moves about in an unfamiliar way. The first brother disappears from sight as he vanishes into a blinding light. As he ponders the fate of his beloved bother, all he can hear is crying and wailing from outside the womb.

He says to himself, “As I predicted; a horrible death filled with pain.”

We are gods image made, we are the projecter of god and what we see is a reflection (image of god). The trinity could be seen as god, the projector and the image. The image that is seen is god. God is sometimes referred to a Self. All that is seen is Self. God is perfect in his imperfections. When you look in the mirror you say that you see yourself but if you had to describe what you see it would be very difficult. Everything that you see is a reflection of Self.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We are separated by sin. This is duplicity. Selfishness. If we seek God as a reward, we are duplicitous. If we seek God to avoid punishment, we are duplicitous. Good is its own reward. If we seek God from a standpoint of humility and reverence, by evidence of our faith, then we place Him where he belongs. If we say that Self is God, we place our own self at the top, reducing God to insignificance. Love would not be much without evidence. It is faith until we meet face to face with God. The Bible is the foundation and the root knowledge for the wisdom of faith.

1 Corinthians 13

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

God never made a copy of himself. God is like a diamond with many beams of light reflecting, we are no more that a beam of light. The little light beam, like the wave thinks it is separate and being separate is scary. The fear that is produced by the separateness, is unfounded. The beam of light tries everything to find it's way home, looking at all the other beams/waves struggle and fight for survival or salvation. It looks at other beams of light (mirages) to hold on to but they all crumble and collapse because it has no real substance.
One day the lightbeam or wave get so tired or disillusioned that it gives up completely. Instead of falling apart there is a return to source. I am the diamond.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I am reading a book the moment by Aldous Huxley called The Perennial Philosophy, it contains a gathering of religious writings that reveal 'divine reality' common to all faiths, or so it says on the cover. In this book it speaks of 'selfness', selfness and selfishness are not the same.
Here lies a lot of confusion. Selfness is the belief that i am a person. A person who has choice, that can choose to be good or bad ,that can choose to do the right thing or the wrong thing. When this 'selfness' is seen to be an intruder (a distraction from the truth, an illusion, a delusion), it will drop away and all that will be known is god.
God is just a word to describe what is going on here. God is not above you and you below him. As above so below. Within and without. God is what you are/this is.
You are separated by sin. Your own personal/individual (selfness) opinion tells you that you are separate from god. Who is this 'selfness' (person) who knows more than god?
There are no persons, just confused light beams that do not realize that they are one diamond.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

"Know thyself" is what was inscribed on the temple entrance of Apollo at Delphi. "nosce te ipsum" It is a boast in the individual to not follow the crowd. It says, I am better than the crowd. It also says to know thy place before God. Rise above the crowd, but know that you are not God. It has since been twisted to mean know that you are a God and everyone can be God. This is not the case. Be like God, YES. Be God, no. It was then twisted even further by the Theosophists to mean, "Do what they will, this is the whole of the law." It was then twisted further by Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged and became objectivism.

"Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values."
— Ayn Rand

The goal in objectivism is to ensure that self rises above all else. With God, altruism is the counterpoint to this counterfeit lie of the self.

Here is a quote form an article I wrote. LINK (Repost)

"It is an error to believe that your body owns the soul. No human possesses the soul. Most of us are brought up believing that the nature of this world exists within this backwards dualistic mindset, forcing us to willfully buy into the false notion of objectivism—viewing reality as an identity we own. Not only does this mindset cause us to grasp at our own souls as possessions, we tread on the dignity and rights of countless souls around us in the wake of our choices. Our misunderstanding of what it means to be moral creatures resides in this false belief of the body possessing the soul.

If we flip this counterfeit, egocentric view back to reality, we see that the body does not possess the soul, but the soul possesses the body as a gift from God. Understanding this one point allows us to see the world as it truly is. Buying into objectivism merely denies this reality and tramples the bestowal we owe back to God under a metaphorical foot of pride. Nevertheless, true reality will not be so easily placated. The bill for this false mindset of egoism will eventually come due for each individual. Only Christ can pay this bill in full."

I am reading a book the moment by Aldous Huxley called The Perennial Philosophy, it contains a gathering of religious writings that reveal 'divine reality' common to all faiths, or so it says on the cover. In this book it speaks of 'selfness', selfness and selfishness are not the same.
Here lies a lot of confusion. Selfness is the belief that i am a person. A person who has choice, that can choose to be good or bad ,that can choose to do the right thing or the wrong thing. When this 'selfness' is seen to be an intruder (a distraction from the truth, an illusion, a delusion), it will drop away and all that will be known is god.
God is just a word to describe what is going on here. God is not above you and you below him. As above so below. Within and without. God is what you are/this is.
You are separated by sin. Your own personal/individual (selfness) opinion tells you that you are separate from god. Who is this 'selfness' (person) who knows more than god?
There are no persons, just confused light beams that do not realize that they are one diamond.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Know thyself. Firstly, we need to inquire into what self means. There is only ONE self. That Self is the 'one' that needs to be known.
I wrote this on another thread:
The beast is the man who thinks he is anything but god.
God is pure, untainted.
God has taken on the mark (the symbols, words, ideas and beliefs) and for a while believed he was man and acted like a beast. The mark it is no more than a stain and can easily be removed.

Selfness is not the true ONE self. Selfness is an individual person and there are billions on the planet. Each one of these apparent persons is being done by the ONE true self. God is another name used for the ONE self.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

"Buying into objectivism merely denies this reality and tramples the bestowal we owe back to God under a metaphorical foot of pride."
You have bought into objectivity by believing that you yourself are an object.
There are no objects.
Only subject.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Please define your source for this conjecture.

self·ness (slfns)
n.
1. The quality or state of being self-centered; selfishness.
2. Individuality; selfhood.

Know thyself. Firstly, we need to inquire into what self means. There is only ONE self. That Self is the 'one' that needs to be known.
I wrote this on another thread:
The beast is the man who thinks he is anything but god.
God is pure, untainted.
God has taken on the mark (the symbols, words, ideas and beliefs) and for a while believed he was man and acted like a beast. The mark it is no more than a stain and can easily be removed.

Selfness is not the true ONE self. Selfness is an individual person and there are billions on the planet. Each one of these apparent persons is being done by the ONE true self. God is another name used for the ONE self.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The subject will always convict the object. This has little to do with objectivism. It has everything to do with where you are placing your faith. If you are placing your faith in the spirit of this material world or worse, in yourself, you are listening to the incorrect spirit. The spirit of God (Holy Spirit) will then seem as foolishness to you. God does not allow self-boasting pride on judgment day. It's all about your relationship to others and then how this reflects back to God as a mirror image of His bestowal to us. This is the sound of one hand clapping. The sound of one hand clapping is the sound of two hands coming together. This represents the fact that everything is in relationship to everything else in this world. There is no I in we.
1 Corinthians 1

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”

No boasting with God. You are not God. Again, this is the first sin in the garden: Pride and Selfness.

"Buying into objectivism merely denies this reality and tramples the bestowal we owe back to God under a metaphorical foot of pride."
You have bought into objectivity by believing that you yourself are an object.
There are no objects.
Only subject.

edit on 17-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I don't understand when you ask for a definition of selfness, it seems you have already done that for me.
Selfness=individuality and selfcenteredness.

This selfness, this 'thinking' we are individuals, is the sin.
The original sin, the original mistake, the original bad.

Human beings are the only species on the planet who have reasoned with their logic and come to the conclusion that we are separate. All other species' live in harmony with the earth, so what is so different about us?
This reasoning and logic is the result of eating from the knowledge tree. The serpent (the deluder) tells humans that knowledge is more important that life.
Life vs knowledge.
Life is non dual. There is no opposite to life (birth and death are only witnessed in life). There is no opposite to now. Now=life.
Past, furture, then or there are only ever imagining in the head and they do not represent life.
Any knowledge is not experience.
Experience is killed with knowledge.
Life can not be experienced raw if knowledge is clouding the sight.

The best place to start is to admit we know nothing and go from there.
Start and end with not knowing.
In the place of not knowing all will be revealed.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

You say:
The subject will always convict the object. This has little to do with objectivism.
You have used the word object and subject, so it has everything to do with objectivism.
I do not place faith in the material world, i have faith that where ever i am, i am. The world never happens without me, i am where ever it is. This I AM, is home.
I am that i am.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

"This is the sound of one hand clapping. The sound of one hand clapping is the sound of two hands coming together". Quote.
This is a clonclusion you have come to. The sound of one hand clapping is not the sound of two hands clapping.

Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.
God even laughs at Jesus' teachings.
Because what this is can not be taught. It is foolishness to think you can learn to be saved. Fools teach us to know god.
God is either known or denied.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The object is to become the subject. This is the path in life to overcome self. This can't be done apart from placing Christ as the point of it all. LINK.

"No matter where we go, there we will be, and until we realize that we can only be where we go, we will only be where we are."

You say:
The subject will always convict the object. This has little to do with objectivism.
You have used the word object and subject, so it has everything to do with objectivism.
I do not place faith in the material world, i have faith that where ever i am, i am. The world never happens without me, i am where ever it is. This I AM, is home.
I am that i am.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The sound of one hand clapping demonstrates that everything is in relation to everything else. Christ brings atonement. At-One-Ment with God. You cannot clap with one hand. You are not capable of saving yourself. The atonement of Christ is the only thing that can bring you to God.

Isaiah 64
4 Since ancient times no one has heard,
no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.
5 You come to the help of those who gladly do right,
who remember your ways.
But when we continued to sin against them,
you were angry.
How then can we be saved?
6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
7 No one calls on your name
or strives to lay hold of you;
for you have hidden your face from us
and have given us over to our sins.

8 Yet you, LORD, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
9 Do not be angry beyond measure, LORD;
do not remember our sins forever.
Oh, look on us, we pray,
for we are all your people.

Isaiah 9
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this.

"This is the sound of one hand clapping. The sound of one hand clapping is the sound of two hands coming together". Quote.
This is a clonclusion you have come to. The sound of one hand clapping is not the sound of two hands clapping.

Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.
God even laughs at Jesus' teachings.
Because what this is can not be taught. It is foolishness to think you can learn to be saved. Fools teach us to know god.
God is either known or denied.

edit on 18-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Do you know god? Do you walk with god?
Or have you read about God and Jesus?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You say that Christ brings atonement. What is your definition of Christ?
The word Christ to me means consciousness. Jesus Christ/Buddha consciousness. Christ was not Jesus' surname and consciousness is not Buddhas surname.
God can only be found through consciousness. Or god can only be found through christ. It is the same sentence.
At one ment is christ. At one ment is found only in this present moment.
At one ment even sounds like at one moment.
This one moment is all there is.
You and this present moment are never separate.
Be in this moment.
However humans are rarely with this present moment, they are always worried about the next moment. What's next, i must protect myself.
The PRESENCE will be felt only in the present.
The present is the gift of life.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The 'one hand clapping' is a koan.
A koan is a phase that has no answer. It is supposed to confuse the mind into silence. This silence is the answer.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
all reality differs, yours is different from mine and vice versa. life would seem pointless if reality wasn't real, I don't believe I know anything given all information around us is subjective but one thing i'm sure of is that the universe does not conjure up pointlessness. everything serves it's purpose and projects a reason, that reason can be on any level, and as subtle as it may seem, it too will serve it's purpose. certainly reality is not what the media portrays it to be or what it should be, so that's why our souls will continuously debate the matrix. It's the constant reminder of duality, one does not exist with the other.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Your one moment theory of reality negates the ten dimensions that encompass an infinite probability space. A moment in time is the slice of 'now' you are referring to. Infinity is a point in the 7th dimension. You can treat this point as 'now' when the point is of an indeterminant size and you occupy the space outside this point, but in reality, you are here now within the point of this universe, moving in time, with mass, changing in the fourth dimension below. God can be found outside the ten dimensions, while you are here working from the choices you make in an infinite probability space of one creation. You are unaware of yourself in the dimensions above so it is useless to argue that you are God and God is only consciousness. This is too simplistic. No need to worry or protect yourself. Live and walk with God and you see that His providence is not probability or random chance at all.

You say that Christ brings atonement. What is your definition of Christ?
The word Christ to me means consciousness. Jesus Christ/Buddha consciousness. Christ was not Jesus' surname and consciousness is not Buddhas surname.
God can only be found through consciousness. Or god can only be found through christ. It is the same sentence.
At one ment is christ. At one ment is found only in this present moment.
At one ment even sounds like at one moment.
This one moment is all there is.
You and this present moment are never separate.
Be in this moment.
However humans are rarely with this present moment, they are always worried about the next moment. What's next, i must protect myself.
The PRESENCE will be felt only in the present.
The present is the gift of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join