It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Think of it chronology - you invent radio and within 100 years after inventing radio people are already talking about artificial intelligence. So it's seems reasonable it's going to happen within this century, because by 2020 your laptop will have the same compute power as the human brain. The point is that's the time scale - you invent radio and within a century or two you invent your successor and it's not soft squishy intelligence, you've have moved on to something much better then that.

Although I think its not always a good Idea to imagine that UFO's should be associated with Aliens, I am fairly open to the Idea that Aliens could be visiting us (I just think that we would likely never know it if they were...their tech is surely advanced enough to remain completely hidden if they managed to travel light years). I don't think you should dismiss the possibility, for the exact reason that you state at the end of your comment. We use Radio Telescopes to look for Aliens....Why should Aliens be using Radio? Lets say that as you suggest they have 'moved on to something better' by now. But lets assume they have none the less heard us when we started using Radio back in (oh I don't want to bother to look it up. What was it that crappy Carl Sagan alien film said? the first broadcast likely to have been heard by Aliens was the Olympics in Germany back when Hitler was in power? So that was like when? The 40's? I'll just say 1940 even though thats a bit too early...simply to make the number rounder)...ok so we sent our signal back in 1940. Lets say they are 40 Light Years away. That means they'd hear it in 1980. Well it would likely take them having to build a large radio dish since its unlikely they still send out radio waves, but lets assume they had enough parts laying around in some Museum of Ancient Technology (ancient for them) and they threw one together almost immediately. We wouldn't hear the return signal until 40 years after that...or 2020. Lets say that 20 years after they send a signal back to us, they develop warp drive (or whatever sci fi 'beyond our ability to comprehend' method they'd use to travel faster than light) , well lets say that they then set off on a journey to Earth. Since they can warp time and space (or whatever) they get here pretty much instantaneously. They would actually be here 20 years before their signal ever reaches us! Therefore they could just be hovering around above our planet getting to know us, while they wait for their original signal to inform us they exist (perhaps they are real sticklers for doing things in the proper order) at which time they will reveal themselves.

Thats just an example of a possible, & also totally plausible way that Aliens could be here without us having detected them with our radio telescopes....its just off the top of my head, there could be an almost unlimited amount of scenarios different from the one I suggested in which this could happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Just because you haven't seen one, doesn't mean they don't exist and and aren't visiting our planet. If you look at things with a predetermined mind set, its hard to be objective and breeds ignorance.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow! This post hardly even deserves a reply. Smarter by default? You had better do better research than that. That statement alone voids the whole post for me.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Andre18, your post has been examined with all the deduction i am capable of and has been found wanting. If anything i think you may be just attention seeking. And HOPEFULLY, your moniker stating your intelligence level is just a jest. Let me make a few good points here...

1) Who are you to decide what is the most likely thing an alien would do? Being an alien means having an alien brain, or what passes for one, and with that alien brain comes alien thought processes. Not to mention that the society of the alien may be immensely different than our own further heightening the gap between our ways of thinking. When it comes right down to it, You have no damn idea what an alien would think.

2) Aliens as machines hmmm? I agree it is a possibility. But that one argument you made also refutes another argument you made about how far they would have to come. Do you not think that if they are advanced enough to become cybernetic creatures that they are also advanced enough to find a way to surmount the huge distances between there worlds and ours?

3) Aliens have never come here before? I am not going to call you ignorant. I am just going to point you to the internet, where you may peruse thousands of paintings and carvings by ancient peoples depicting what are clearly spacecraft. You HAVE heard the term before... "If it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.". There are also many written accounts that clearly are not describing terrestrial craft or beings. I suggest you go and learn more before you start spouting space taking rubbish on this site.

4) It also seems you have an intrinsic trust in governmental organizations and the government. I feel sad for you. Let me name some things for your education. MK-Ultra, Project Grudge, The Condon committee, Watergate, Iran/Contra, Weapons of mass destruction. Any of those phrases or names ring a bell?

5) Your math needs work. There are many more stars within range capable of supporting habitable life than you stated in your meager 2000. Examine the math in REAL scientific papers before you go off on a rant.

I could go on and on poking holes in your posts but it really is no fun slapping a puppy. I hope you learn from this and a little research next time before you post.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
You basing your entire theory on radio waves.

Not at all.

What if they've knew about us long before we even invented radio? Why do they need to get a signal from us to know where we are?

Well signalling is very simple and efficient however why would aliens target us, we're just another star in 300 billion stars. Why would the aliens spend so much resources sending photons to earth...they just don't know we're here.

Now what they would know is that plants are here. They know about photosynthesis because there's all this oxygen in the atmosphere and that they can find with optical telescopes and that signals been going out into space for a couple of billion years. So aliens might know there's life on earth but it might all just be photo plankton, they don't know that there's anybody building antennas.
edit on 16-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

Well there you go you've just proven my point. They dont need a signal of any kind to know theres life on Earth. Now lets imagine its us who pick up possible photosythesis on a planet to use your example. Would we just ignore it, because that only means theres only signs of plant life?

No because plant life is life, and where there are one kind of life, theres a good chance that there is a whole ecosytem that thrives around it. Making this planet ripe for exploration. Even if it is just to find different species of plants. No signal required.
edit on 16/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've always believed that disclosure would be nothing like what people would expect it to be....whether there is something to disclose or not.
As for evidence not being brought forward i believe that whenever something happens,its always the military who are on the scene so whatever is found we will never know what it is.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The OP is dumb. Enough said.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

If the "Cabal"exists it obviously supersedes any known world government.
I know of plenty of military history that is not in the open.Why don't you?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by Upthepunx

Except that unless someone invents either wormhole or FTL travel technology, interstellar travel for the purpose of exploring will never be economically viable. I mean you'd be forking out HUGE amounts of money to pay for a ship that you'd never see again. So we'd probably only be traveling to another solar system to colonise an Earth, presumably because ours is in an ice age or something.

But aliens have developed wormhole technology. That's the only method that makes sense for them to travel in an efficient way between star systems.

edit on 16-4-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upthepunx

Originally posted by Welfhard

Originally posted by Upthepunx
i think humans will suffer this fate. to much ignorance and confusion among are species.

Technological civilizations are going to be extremely rare to start with. But some have pointed out that the lack of autonomous, self replicating probes (the most cost efficient way of scouting the local group) which should be everywhere seems to indicate that we're one of the, if not the first technological civilization.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Welfhard because: stuff

if this is true then WE will be the over lords to other worlds and species. comming to strip mine there planets while other ruthless space coperations wait in line to rape the next planet with something to offer the cockaroach of the universe..............THE HUMAN RACE. mabey im negative but ounce we make the jump into space i really think there will be some kinda slavery of other primitive forms of life. gotta love your family!

It is exactly why aliens do not engage with us on a species-to-species level and reveal themselves in more obvious ways that the media and the governments of the world would not be able to deny. We are not advanced enough to gain their knowledge, their technology, because violent, destructive worlds filled with inequality and greed are not worthy of being part of the galactic community.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by andre18

And i'm sure every single person that goes through sleep paralysis will think they're being visited by aliens or Jesus or what have you just need's sleeping tablets and they'll be as as right as rain.

Fair enough but what about the people who are not diagnosed with sleep paralysis ... how do you explain their 'experiences' ?

For example; the people who were wide awake / fully conscious during their experiences of abduction (and I'm not talking about the lunatic fringe or the attention seeker).

How do you know that sleeping pills don't just mask the memory ... it doesn't mean the events have stopped ... just that you might not remember them !

And how do you explain the reports of UFO sightings/interaction by people who have a professional knowledge and experience of things that are 'usual' in the sky ?

For example; pilots / astronauts

Woody

edit on 16-4-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

After reading yours and Welfhards posts, I personally believe you two are the same person. I would explain why your thread is utter nonsense but I'm not even going to waste my time on you so think what you want and enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
To all the people calling the OP "dumb" and "ignorant" for expressing his view on the matter, perhaps you should look in the mirror as most of the excuses for why the OP is "dumb" and "ignorant" have been on equal terms as his own reasons for what he is contemplating in the Original Post:

The OP assumes "aliens" would use radio waves.

- Refuted by person declaring that aliens would be so advanced that they would use something we would not begin to imagine and that the OP is dumb for thinking his way.

= Here we have blatant hypocrisy.

Believing that we have been contacted/visited/created by aliens requires as much of a leap of faith as believing we are not. There is no conclusive evidence for either, as all evidence is often taken out of context into the realm of extra-terrestrial (Eg, that miniature bird/plane statue). Does it really have to be a damn plane? Or a bird?
edit on 16-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

So quit the damn ad-hominem attacks as you're all displaying damn ignorance and a lack of skeptic-yet-open minded thought.

This is not the first case of someone stating something as "fact" on this forum as the OP has done. I have not read so much crying and hissing when people have posted stories of alien visitation, experimentation and conspiracy theories as "fact".

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate

If you open your mind a bit more to some of the evidence that is still lackin just a bit, then you will see where you may be wrong...Jus' Sayin...

It seems opening my mind is more like dumbing myself down

From some of the comments you've already made on the subject of alien contact or lack of in this thread ... prior to opening your ....

Never mind I don't think you'd see the point even if I made it ... but I'm pretty sure many will

Woody

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This just seems, like, i dunno. You ranting about theres no such thing as aliens.

Yadda, yadda... Sure, theres not much solid proof of et coming here. But, you're making a pretty bold statement by saying that "aliens have not contacted us." Or just in general. Who's to say nothing will ever contact us.

you know? first post btw.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Just another attenion seeking post I believe

Heh, I was thinking similar. I have no idea why someone would care to get attention just to get attention. I don't follow- at all. XD

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I get the feeling this guy, his account and everything he says is a joke trying to get you folks riled up.

"Smarter THEN you by default"

"WAIST of time"

Some of his errors are comical to the point that I don't believe anyone could actually make them. Then again this is the internet. Don't get me wrong my spelling is pretty bad at times and my grammar is awful. Come on though considering the context?

Waist of time?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Okay...Here we go....
First of all On Christmas Eve 1906, Reginald Fessenden used an Alexanderson alternator and rotary spark-gap transmitter to make the first radio audio broadcast. By 1909, Charles Herrold started broadcasting in California in 1909 and was carrying audio by the next year. (Herrold's station eventually became KCBS).
So we have been leaking signals into space much earlier than the 1950's.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec
I get the feeling this guy, his account and everything he says is a joke trying to get you folks riled up.

"Smarter THEN you by default"

"WAIST of time"

Some of his errors are comical to the point that I don't believe anyone could actually make them. Then again this is the internet. Don't get me wrong my spelling is pretty bad at times and my grammar is awful. Come on though considering the context?

Waist of time?

Dude that is some funny Sh$t

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

What an ignorant thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join