It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

It seems opening my mind is more like dumbing myself down if opening myself up to evidence that isn't there is what you wan't me to do, which sounds an awful lot like faith.

Well where is your faith now? In a system that lies to you and keeps you dumbed down. Do you think war is really about what the headlines say, do you think in the 100 years since the combustion engine was developed there has been no inventions to improve the efficiency, do you really think Roswell was about some new weather balloon with many witness that say otherwise?

The evidence is there if you look. The hard part is confronting what all this means with the lies and corruption that does go on.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
We want to send men to Mars.
Did we get a radio message from there?
We've studied the planet for a long time.
It's JUST A BIG ROCK but we STILL WANT TO VISIT.

I agree that aliens might be as curios as us, i'm not arguing that, i just don't see why they'd be here now. Why now?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by YoungMind92

The thing is, any intelligent aliens that may actually exist in real life wouldn't be as frail and organic as we are, unlike the movies might lead you to believe otherwise. It's simply more logical to assume that aliens will be machines because if you look at the time scale of how fast we have advanced in computing in the last few decades in comparison to evolution that takes billions of years to progress.

It makes much more sense to assume that any aliens that are only thousands of years a head of us would already be making their bodies into robots - it's a time scale argument. All these stories of Greys and Reptilians is quite illogical because they wouldn't have squishy bodies like ours, they would have moved on.
The squishy body theory is hard to refute....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by LazyGuy

AS I SAID, humanity has the ability do SEE other planets.

But you can't see across interstellar distances if a planet has life or not. What's more is that the chance that they're nearby is infinitesimally small and there'd be a lot of rocky, watery planets nearer to them than us. They'd never specifically want to come here without some indication that there is intelligence here - broadcasts.

They're not stupid; they're not going to cross galactic distances just for liquid water when there's plenty near to them. If they have an Oort Cloud of there own, they'd have all that they could mine.

reply to post by Mellok

Originally posted by Mellok
[Regarding evidence, what's your take on the origin on the artifact found in the Bahamas in 1970?
One of many mysterious artifacts recovered that remain largely unexplained... found it interesting.
www.youtube.com...

"unexplained"

doesn't that sort of answer your question? 'Unexplained' doesn't mean "known to be of alien origin", rather it means "unexplained" (likely because it's unstudied).

edit on 16-4-2011 by Welfhard because: stuff

By "largely unexplained", I mean this item was found in a certain location, was studied and found to have magnetic properties. But nobody knows who made it or where it came from. Just sitting on a pedestal, under the ocean, in a pair of cupped hands.
So my original question was to the other poster, what's your take on it? Where do you think it came from?
If you dismiss that it was possibly created by aliens of some sort, then I'll assume the next logical theory is that humans crafted them... But who?
Perhaps I worded my last post wrong, it's not necessarily evidence, because this item still seems to be a mystery to me at least, but I have a few ideas =)
But it does make you wonder, yea?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This thread is like that say a wise man once told me: One retard throws a rock in the water, 1000 smart people jump to pick it up (no pun intended).

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Okay. *cracks knuckles*

You, my fellow human, are as ignorant as can ever be. Your mind is secluded to the box and is probably not able to accept the fact you don't know everything. Smartest man alive. That's a bold statement. Judging by your posts, I'd say a dead rodent has a higher intelligence. Or at least better thought process.
Yes, I am attacking you. Why? Because I don't like you.
Simple as that.

I don't like anyone who pushes their beliefs on anyone with no proof other than the fact that "they just happen to know". So you say Aliens don't exist. Allow me to awake you.
If we exist, why dont they?
If they don't exist, why do we?

Also, don't you think that if you were from another planet and you happen to find life that you MAYBE, just MAYBE, want to research them? Abductions comes to mind there. Not saying all of them are true, but some are. Why? Because why would every single human being lie about that?

In closing, I would love to have a man to man talk with you. I liked conversing with the other side and this is one... I'd really look forward to. Good luck and have your flame shield on.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

do you really think Roswell was about some new weather balloon with many witness that say otherwise?

Considering how terrible eye witness testimony is, how even/especially for Roswell the witness statements contradict and that the photographic evidence clearly shows Project Mogul wreckage, yes. It's pretty damned obvious that the Roswell incident is nothing out of this world.

The government at some point during the cold war would invest in some technology that could detect from their own airspace that the soviets were testing bombs, and due to the cold war itself, such tech would need to be topsecret else the Ruskies would find out defeating the purpose of the investment in the first place. Given that, were one balloon to fall to earth, a cover-story would have to be put inplace anyway in order to keep its true spying purposes secret.

With those elements in place, there's no way ufo-nuts couldn't interpret it as alien because you all have faith in that presumption.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mellok

I refer you to my signature. There's no better way of explaining the problem with this situation that how Conan Doyle phrased it for Holmes. The first thing I notice is that if its underwater, it's been there for a very long time. If its been there are very long time and its man made then I don't expect to learn its purpose, its just too out of context. That leaves us with an archaeological enigma. Any association with extraterrestrials so early, considering we know so little about the thing is premature and if we can never rule out the more pedestrian man-made explanation then speculating about aliens serves only to muddy the water.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Welfhard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The smartest man alive is not smart enough to consider the motivation for aliens to come to Earth may be totally 'alien' to us?
He has not noticed that our plans to explore the cosmos is not limited to those planets we have received radio/tv messages from?
He can not think of a time scale beyond that familiar to us and does not consider the possibility of a civilization millions of years beyond ours where crossing galaxies is as common as us running to the store for milk?
For the world's smartest man he seems to have a very limited imagination.
Hell, we don't even need to look at the alien angle of this post. Simply his assumption that the government would behave as he believes it would/should should demonstrate his.
Think outside the box? He appears to be unable to think outside his own small neighborhood

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
How do you know who created us, since we dont have any documented history, we can never know, sokeep an open mind, and be ready for all possiblities.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens won't make themselves known because they've been listening to rap music on the radio and have come to believe earthlings will never be ready for their appearance. LOL-see the "rap" thread today on ATS and you'll see what I mean.

I urge anyone interested in UFOs and aliens to read all the books and articles by John Keel and Jacques Vallee. They are available to read for free at “Scribd” online. The two I recommend are “Dimensions” by Vallee, and “The Cosmic Question: The Eighth Tower” by Keel. According to these authors' analyzes and perspectives, there's really nothing new concerning UFO/paranormal phenomenon (which may not be extraterrestrial) except the technological trappings and appearances which are periodically readjusted to fit the eras in which they manifest themselves. Both authors works are from a secular, objective viewpoint, with no religious biases and are well documented.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
andre18- I'm glad you willed over with success, about your abducted by aliens sleep paralysis problem.

But I guess you are smarter than me by default, because I do worship my space alien god's that travel here in their wonderful flying machines that should be utterly capable of interstellar travel. Whether they are robot's or living creature's, I still love them either way; and I have faith that they can guide us to the path towards interstellar travel and unlimited energy sources.

I believe that our planet Earth is a rare jewel in our galaxy; and it could be that Earth is on the grocery list for some of these Earth loving ET's. But I feel that the ET's are on some anthropological mission of some sort.

The current ET peaceful invasion of Earth, is probably a mission with complete radio silence, with there current communication between each other's ship's, and there home planet is something beyond our current knowledge.

So my suggestion too you: Is to get off your butt, go out to the Australian night or day sky's, and start looking for these other- worldly flying machines yourself!!!

Good luck, UFO hunting,

Erno86

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I agree that aliens might be as curios as us, i'm not arguing that, i just don't see why they'd be here now. Why now?

Heres the whole problem with your train of thought @sshat, your being one-sided and thats that. You have created this thread having no intentions of seeing others point a view. You thought you were gonna make this thread with a cute little essay feel to it so people would think you were "legit" and tried to pass off this bias belief with no facts to back it up just pure opinion on the subject using junk references for example something like 80% of Americans blah blah blah, in case you didn't notice your from Australia use your own country facts before trieng to insult ours. This to me sounds like some teenage kid probably 16-18 had this discussion with his dad or someone he respects and bought what they had to say and is now doing a horrible job of trieng to sell it here. Im just gonna stop here could go on and on about this chump.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This thread is bull****. You seriously posted this thread? Aliens don't know that we're here? Are you crazy? I had my laugh of the day. I'm normally never rude but come on, anyone who believes this is crazy. Do you think we have an Area 51 for nothing? Why don't you tell the average of 10,000 people who witnessed Pheonix Lights in 1997 that there are no aliens. Anyone who believes that we are the only living species in the universe needs a reality check. Don't try and trick people to believe such non-sense.

Wow. I still can't get over the fact that you posted this thread. Sorry to be rude, but just deny my ignorance. Where I have denied yours.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So it's seems reasonable it's going to happen within this century, because by 2020 your laptop will have the same compute power as the human brain.

Complete lies... no computer will ever be as advanced as the human brain.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Just another attenion seeking post I believe

Or, someone from a three letter agency trying to draw out any hybrids or folks who are in direct contact. Other than that, the post is simple sensationalism, and nothing more. Anyone with common sense know better.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well, I would have to agree. This seems kind of like a bold statement to make. You have to take into account the thousands or so sightings, and then the hundreds of videos we see on Youtube and other sites of UFOs and what not. Plus our government has probably even more information then we can possibly imagine. And you cant assume we didnt have contact because you think if we really were contacted by anything from space our government would fill us in? Crazy if you think yes......

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

We want to send men to Mars.
Did we get a radio message from there?
We've studied the planet for a long time.
It's JUST A BIG ROCK but we STILL WANT TO VISIT.

Sorry, you just don't understand. No one knows what's happening in their heads. They are here, the evidence is overwhelming. If you refuse to look at it, then it is plain ignorance. Don't fear shaking your beliefs. Look at the ancient aliens theories. They've been here for a long time, longer than us. Then you're gonna ask why...

There are patterns and motives we can't comprehend. Remember they are way more evolved than us, so we can't comprehend them and their motives. Saying they have no reasons to be here and blah blah blah...do you really know or is it your opinion? I believe they knew about us since the monkey decided to live on the soil. They must have repertories of every living civilization, the same way we have repertories of every living being known to us here on Earth. To say WE HAVE to make first contact so they can know we exist is pretty ignorant. That surprises me a lot coming from the most intelligent man of the world. Actually, I think this statement is quite false, according to this thread. The most intelligent man of the world would know an opinion is not a fact. The title of your thread suggests you do not understand this notion.

The fact you don't know why they would be here now or why they would have some sort of interest doesn't mean ETs haven't contacted us. The government has been covering up for a long time, and I bet you are one of those who think all whistle-blowers (even highly credible ones) are deluded psychedelic drug users...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I didn't bother to read all the replies, so I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this...

You can't assume that a) the speed of light is the fastest way to travel and b) that we have to tell anyone we are here.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Your strike good points of awesome value. There are no aliens visiting us and may not be for quite a long time.
Ha greys, if there are UFOs with "alien greys" and they look like us, then they are time travelers not aliens, technology and genetic engineering could explain the physical differences. But safe to say, they don't exist or they time travelers, NOT ALIENS

Plus in the media, the concept of an alien, is similar to us. Bipedal, two eyes nose and mouth. Consider for a moment the genetic diversity of earth, elephants and dolphins are more intelligent than us, however they cannot alter their environment that's the only difference between us and them.

So not only would you need a species with comprehensive capabilities, but more importantly the ability to alter the environment around said species. So use the drake method.

Let's say 10% of all solar system contain life. And 20% off that 10% intelligent life, and 10% can alter it's environment. Which not only leaves us with a small percentage, but pretty much guarantees, that we will never meet them, nor live to see them come near where earth (used to be)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join