It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens have not contacted us, therefore theres nothing to disclose

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

Exactly,,but your quick to dismiss the fact that it could be possible,,,simply because "youve" never experienced it

I don't dismiss it, I'm skeptical of it. That's not the same as denialism. The point is that we have a bunch of natural explanations that are demonstrably the case a lot of the time, and then there's an unsubstantiated belief that they're caused by real Aliens.

That's an extraordinary claim but the people making it do little to provide evidence for it. If they refuse to, its not our responsibility to believe them. The null hypothesis tells us we should assume its not happening - assume until the natural explanations are ruled out.

In a court of law we can convict on "eyewitness" testimony

Not alone we cant because eyewitness testimony is completely subjective and very corruptible. And seriously, even if I experienced and abduction, I wouldn't assume it was real. I know I can be mistaken and I know how that could be the case. I wouldn't need to be convinced that maybe I was mistaken.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I would say Aliens do know we are here!I've seen a U.F.O with my own eyes but the question remains who was flying it?It was real-i saw it in daylight and it was stationary in the sky-no doubt whatsoever about it being what it was,and then suddenly in the blink of an eyelid it disappeared.
I believe in God, i've never seen God but i've seen a U.F.O. so what given the evidence is the most real to me?

The reasons they haven't contacted us the common people so we have tangible truth are all speculation,i have heard some fascinating theories which i actaully believe now to be true-something like we are quarantined on Earth,forty years after landing on the moon we are still stuck on the planet at a time when we really need to escape the coming catastrophies of an ice age which we are overdue one.The last ice age triggered an evolution of intelligence in the human mind and the next one will do it again or otherwise we will go extinct.
If they step in and help us then the evolution of mind will not take place,their indifference is their help.I also have recently heard an amazing story that made me understand what maybe the collection of D.N.A. is really about and it's zilch to do with hybrids or saving their civilisation in some way-it's more to do with our ascension.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by vistina
i feel sorry for you, it must be hard living with your head in you a**. as sure as hell you are smart given the fact that you can walk, eat and sh*t in that position!
Please read GRIMALKIN'S post on page 12. Thank you!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

That wasn't a very good answer. To say it was just coincidental when they've had billions of years to visit us and in the last 5000 years they just happen to visit now. I can't really accept that, however even if it was by some amazing coincidence i'll just say it's possible for the sake of the argument there's another issue.

Part of the reason i don't think they're here is that interstellar travel is rather difficult, our rockets go 7-8 miles a second so if you want to go to Alpha Centauri that's a 100,000 year trip one way and of course faster rockets can be built of course but the problem with faster rockets is they take a lot of energy. If you want to go half the speed of light so you get their in 10 years the amount of energy needed is the amount America burns up in a couple of hundred years at the current rate, so that's very energetically intensive.

And there are other problems, when you're going half the speed of light through the galaxy all the inerstellar dust and gas is slamming in front of your rocket, producing very high radiation that zips through the rocket and essentially kills you right away.But these are all technical problems so maybe aliens can solve them but it's not easy.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

Yes it would and does. Spikes in signals are everywhere in space which is why SETI has to comb through every thing it finds to look for specific patterns that may indicate intelligence. A few spikes doesn't give an intelligent expression - prime numbers might, or a Fibonacci sequence. All the nuclear blast are about as intelligent looking as a map of an earthquake swarm - lots of little ones here and there with a few bigger ones interspersed in the signature as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
HAHAH. thats why you will be forever lost in reality. have fun

interstellar travel is simple and easy. your stuck in society's grip and havnt researched yourself. i am currently developing a free energy generator and i have anti gravity figured out. the means of interstellar travel go beyond your comprehension..as we can tell haha
edit on 17-4-2011 by HispanicPanic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

Not really. There's hundreds of stars doing the same thing as our. We simply are children near the engine of a tank. We're not loud enough to be heard.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

Difference being until you can show a working model, there's no reason i or the scientific community should believe you.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

That wasn't a very good answer. To say it was just coincidental when they've had billions of years to visit us and in the last 5000 years they just happen to visit now. I can't really accept that, however even if it was by some amazing coincidence i'll just say it's possible for the sake of the argument there's another issue.

Part of the reason i don't think they're here is that interstellar travel is rather difficult, our rockets go 7-8 miles a second so if you want to go to Alpha Centauri that's a 100,000 year trip one way and of course faster rockets can be built of course but the problem with faster rockets is they take a lot of energy. If you want to go half the speed of light so you get their in 10 years the amount of energy needed is the amount America burns up in a couple of hundred years at the current rate, so that's very energetically intensive.

And there are other problems, when you're going half the speed of light through the galaxy all the inerstellar dust and gas is slamming in front of your rocket, producing very high radiation that zips through the rocket and essentially kills you right away.But these are all technical problems so maybe aliens can solve them but it's not easy.

Yes, but your basing your facts on current scientific knowlege. In the fourties a scientist made calculations on what it would take to get to the moon with full equations and everything. The answer that he came up with was it was impossible because it would take so much fuel that the rocket would'nt get off the ground. Yet come the sixties what did we do.

Your right to base your argument on what limited knowlege we have today because thata all you have to go on. Yet even our current physics allows for the possability of worm holes. Instead of moving the vast distance you bend space time and get there in an instant. Im not great at the whole physics part so you might want to do some research in to it yourself. Now what if these wormhole already exist and ET's know how to spot them and use them. There could be a wormhole that leads from our sun to another sun else where in the universe. opened by the massive amounts of energy released when the sun was born or something like that.

Yes its hard to imagine but its not impossible. Thats what i mean by changing your perspective to get a healthier view.
edit on 17/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why are you telling everybody there essentually wrong for believing in alien activity on earth. Know one is going to be on your side if you act like dictator.

One thing you keep saying is that both SETI and NASA have not made contact with aliens so they do not exist, you keep saying that you have researched and that is why you know. They are very well known companys that rely on good repution from the public to keep them funded, its probably in there best interest from a finacial point of view to restrict there knowledge about UFO's to the public. More importantly these 2 companys may not be in control of what they make availble to the public.

Your reliance on what the goverment provided means that there secrecy has worked on you completely.

edit on 17-4-2011 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Difference being until you can show a working model, there's no reason i or the scientific community should believe you.

right and im not expecting you to. i just think its funny how your stuck. you will understand when you wake up. till than your going to keep accepting ignorance. its common sense were not alone in this universe. humanity has grown so far apart from nature and the cosmos that we know nothing now...hence why this forum is even up and running.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Congratulations, all you've done is prove that sleeping pills have bad side effects. It's kind of an irrelevant point i didn't think you'd actually chase since it doesn't help your point anyway.....

Your premise is aliens are here abducting people. You know there's this question and this is the reason i bring this up. Everyday it seems there are threads and posts of people who are having difficulties with aliens in their personal lives, people claiming they're aliens etc.

This is a highly emotional issue, if you're talking with the ufo crowd you would think they would in some sense be inline with what scientists are saying because after all they're both trying to find the aliens. They think the aliens are here, while SETI's looking for them out in space, yet it's highly emotional, it's combative and i don't know why that is. However i might speculate a little bit and part of it is that you're challenging someones religion in a way because they believe this and scientists are saying it's not true. Well obviously they're going to get upset and on the other hand from your point of you you're annoyed that these people have the attention of conspiracies and not scientists actually doing the work.

I think there's also something empowering in knowing something that scientists don't know. You know something important and even though they've got a title in front of their names they don't that and you do....and i think that may be part of it.
edit on 17-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

Who'd have thunk it ... I actually agree with some of the points you make in this post all be it indirectly.

I agree insomuch that it is poor judgement for anyone to try and determine something with a single-minded perspective ... whether that perspective be soley from the alien abduction / UFO's corner ... or indeed soley from the science / math camp (both on their own are equally wrong without the acknowledgement of the other) .

To form a balanced opinion you need to examine both sides of the coin ... that's why I can understand the point of view of ... the 'experiencer' ... and the 'scientist'.

Don't be surprised ... you wouldn't be the first to make this mistake about me personally ... but people in general.

Naturally I can't speak for others like me (but believe me there are more than you think ... especially nowadays as people become more aware) ... but for me (in the real world and the virtual world) people often make the wrong assumption and think they know what I'm all about.

For the purpose of this thread I'll use my online persona as an example ... people see that I am a practicing Pagan (the username is a bit of a giveaway) who can often be found on the ATS paranormal and alien/ufo forums ... these particular pointers make it very easy for people to think that I'm nothing more than a bit of a two dimensional ... new-age / hippy type

Most of them wouldn't know that I have studied with both The Open University (theory) and The Heriot Watt University (practical) to BSc. level in Natural Earth Sciences for no other reason that to back-up the reality of the things we are talking about here and whilst I don't have a title in front of my name ... I am entitled to use letters after my name.

If you are genuinely interested in journeying to discover the truth of the subject ... and open to changing your opinion when presented with some authentication that is very hard to dismiss because it is backed-up by scientific / historical / religious / geographical facts ... then maybe you should check-out the link below;

The Atlantean Analysis Website;
www.theatlanteananalysis.webeden.co.uk...

This is a website that I created to serialize my ebook of the same name ... and share some of the scientific hypotheses that I came up with as a result of my 'abduction experiences' / 'pagan beliefs' / 'scientific studies'.

If you choose to read this and view the 100's of pictures that I've included for ancient / modern comparrisons then you may begin to understand how restricted we humans have been by the concept of 'linear time' ... once you learn how to slip that shackle you will see how much clearer things are.

If you choose to ignore the link because of misplaced pride that's fine ... and I will leave you to your thread without further interuption

Woody

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Who says that "they" even come from another planet or planets, there's strong evidence as well on extra-dimensional beings and how that is actually scientifically, very possible. After all my personal researching and life experience in general, I have a very strong belief that whatever it is it has always been here. Whether they come from other planets, originated here or from another dimension. They have more than likely known of earth before humans ever existed and possibly the reason why we're even here.

Think really hard about your statement OP, think to yourself "IF" there is beings that are far more technologically advanced/more evolved than us, how simple would it be to just control everything? Think of it like humans and apes, you've got a bunch of apes living in a certain area, or a confined property. As humans, we can easily control every aspect of their life, and without them knowing if we wish.

We might think we're intelligent and all mighty but the truth is, there are many things that we can simply just not comprehend or imagine, and that's the frustrating part.

I'll touch on one more thing, look at how far we can see into space and speculate how possible life is on these millions of other planets. We may not be able to travel far, but what we can see with our technology is that there is a lot of stuff out there. Now, let's assume there is a super advanced race maybe millions of years ahead. They would without a doubt be able to see much further and travel much much faster.

But you could be right about there not being advanced races on other planets, I myself lean more to the possibility of extra-dimensional beings. That life on other planets could definately be primitive compared to ours. But there is no way for us (the public) to truly know at this time.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
They probably have better things to do than play with us primitives.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Originally posted by Numb2itall
You can ONLY speak for yourself on this topic. For YOU they may have never been here but there are some of us among you who have had contact all through out our lives.
I hope someday you get to meet one of them.
You will be changed forever.

are you seriously suggestign you have met aliens?

Countless times, all throughout my life. Does it really matter whether you believe me or not?
Only to you maybe... but honestly it doesn't really matter to me.
Maybe if you open your mind and your heart a little, you may meet them someday.
I find the term "Aliens" rather an offensive label. I know it's a common term but how would you feel if someone labeled you "Alien"... reminds of the "N" word we used to use to describe others who are similar but different.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Numb2itall because: Cause you wouldn't let me EDIT without a reason.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

the OP was about aliens contacting us, not about "if they exist or not"

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Your whole thread will be disproven in a few. Look up what is happening in russia NOW.
If aliens aren't here then explain the big ships hovering above St. Petersburg. I made a thread about it and will provide videos and evidence as soon as my connect sends it to me. Most of it is in russian so i need someone to translate. Its on the news and government confirms it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well signalling is very simple and efficient however why would aliens target us, we're just another star in 300 billion stars. Why would the aliens spend so much resources sending photons to earth...they just don't know we're here.

Now what they would know is that plants are here. They know about photosynthesis because there's all this oxygen in the atmosphere and that they can find with optical telescopes and that signals been going out into space for a couple of billion years. So aliens might know there's life on earth but it might all just be photo plankton, they don't know that there's anybody building antennas.
edit on 16-4-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

What the hell are you going on about? Sending photons to earth? Plankton? Antenna building? Sounds to me you are very interested in the subject but it is evident you are just a wee pup in this very big convoluted and corrupt world we live in. You have yet to open your eyes to the grand scheme of things. Optical telescopes? Kid, all of this you are saying doesn't even register in the IQ factor of supreme intelligence. It's peanuts! Take a look at Fermat's Last Theorem. Most complicated mathematical equation ever. It took 300 years to solve.

Not to be rude, but with narrow and elementary thinking like yours, no wonder you can't get your head around it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

I'm not saying that all ufo sightings are of extraterrestrial origin and I will admit that I'm not. You have to take into account the number of secret military aircraft that have been spotted over the years. The biggest mistake that people make about ufos is that all ufos must be of extraterrestrial origins.What most people may not or don't realize is that some of these craft are of our own doing. Like top secret military aircraft that is still under development.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

They did right by having the Good Doctor, talk about first. Has anyone noticed that the news casters talking about it now are not laughing and making stupid jokes anymore. Some are even looking worried.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join