It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, UB, and AP - All sites are SHUT DOWN by the FBI and charged by the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What the...

The FBI has seized the main internet domains of the biggest US-facing poker rooms and charged its owners and managers with fraud, money laundering and illegal gambling.

Executives at PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, UltimateBet and AbsolutePoker have been charged with several felonies such as illegal gambling, money laundering and fraud. The main internet domains of these poker rooms were seized and now show an FBI notice. The FBI apparently also seized or froze more than 75 bank accounts of poker payment processors located in the US.

The main subjects of the charges are eleven poker executives such as Isai Steinberg of PokerStars and Raymond Bitar of Full Tilt Poker. Thus far there have been two arrests in the US, but neither are thought to be poker executives. The other defendents aren't currently on US soil according to a statement by the US Department of Justice. If arrested and convicted, the defendants could face very significant fines and possibly even jail time.

The orginal Twitter message released by news agency Reuters reads: "Three Largest Internet Poker Companies Charged With Fraud, Illegal Gambling – Pokerstars, Full Tilt Poker, & Absolute Poker – Charged".

So now America has full jurisdiction over the internet? Seems as though there might be a conspiracy here considering it's a billion dollar industry that they don't have control over *gasp*. Trust them to use [illegitimate] means to get their hands on that cash..

Check out Full Tilt or Poker Stars to see that the FBI has taken control of their sites.

Check out this article for the latest developments on this story.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This is the third time this has been posted!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-4-2011 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Latest updates: www.pokernews.com... cted-10218.htm

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fluffy

Both Fulltilt and Pokerstars show NO warning and are fully operational from here in the UK. Just look like the normal sites still

EDIT: This has been posted multiple times.....15 hours ago
use the search button or you will lose your threads

edit on 16-4-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I will post this on every thread about this topic that pops up, until someone will comment on it.
Tell me it's complete crap, and I will stop. I have yet come across any other article or post that seems as relevant to this subject as this article. As far as I can tell it is legit. I was hoping to get some assurance of that, but nobody seems to care.

Washington Examiner 4/12/2011

A District law to establish Internet gambling through the D.C. Lottery has cleared the congressional approval process, making the city the first U.S. jurisdiction authorized to allow online poker and betting on fantasy sports. At-large D.C. Councilman Michael Brown introduced the idea as an amendment to a December spending bill needed to close a $175 million budget gap in the current fiscal year. The council gave its approval and the 30-day waiting period for Congress to act on it ended last week.
What the..
...?????

The law allows the D.C. Lottery to create online poker and other "games of chance" and betting on fantasy sports leagues similar to those already established on the web, officials said. The city's chief financial officer estimates the city could raise $13 million in additional revenue from the gambling in fiscal 2014.

A D.C. Lottery spokeswoman said they're in the early stages of planning and could not immediately comment on specifics.
I am not surprised by this at all, but.... that blatant about it?? I don't know, but it sure looks like a legit site to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by fluffy

Both Fulltilt and Pokerstars show NO warning and are fully operational from here in the UK. Just look like the normal sites still

EDIT: This has been posted multiple times.....15 hours ago
use the search button or you will lose your threads

edit on 16-4-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

My account is frozen. Can't even enter a freeroll or transfer funds, etc.

Drop the charges, issue a fine, act like adults.

top topics

join