It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every human language evolved from 'single prehistoric African mother tongue

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

whoops meant to throw this baby out there with the bath water
(gyaud I kill myself sometimes, oh the irony)

neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

At least one-fifth of white children and two-thirds of black children are born to single mothers.1 At least 50% of all children born in the United States will live in a single parent household before they become adults.2 Fathers are abdicating their parental responsibilities and are causing women to choose abortion over motherhood.
www.godandscience.org...

The facts:
almost 4,000 us troops have died in Iraq a big number for sure but in the same amount of time almost 7 million babies have been abortedin this country alone so to argue that any “moral” issue is bigger is either ignorant, or uninformed. www.loveforthetruth.com...

55 million, Second World War (20C); 40 million, under Mao Zedong (20C); 40 million, Mongol Conquests(13C); 36 million, An Lushan Revolt(8C); 25 million, Fall of the Ming Dynasty(17C); 20 million, Taiping Rebellion(19C); 20 million, toll of American Indians, (15C-19C), 20 million, under Joseph Stalin(20C); 19 million, Mideast Slave Trade(7C-19C); 18 million, Atlantic Slave Trade(15C-); 17 million, Islamic Conquest of India(14C-15C); 17 million, British India(19C); 15 million, First World War(20C); 9 million, Russian Civil War(20C); 9 million, Hindu Thuggee cult killings(13C-19C); 8 million, Fall of Rome(3C-5C); 8 million, Congo Free State(19C – 20C); 7 million, Thirty Years War(17C); 5 million, Russia's Time of Troubles(16C-17C), 4 million, Napoleonic Wars(19C); 3 million, Chinese Civil War(20C); 3 million, French Wars of Religion(16C).

Taken all together, we have 401 million deaths over nearly 2000 years of war and barbarism. Just for the sake of argument, let’s add another 10%, or 40 million, to cover margins of error, and other wars. This would bring our total to 441 million deaths over the last 20 centuries.

Now, what about abortion? At the low end of the Guttmacher scale, even if we ignore all abortions done prior to 1980 when accurate numbers are a little more difficult to ascertain, abortion accounts for more than twice the number of deaths by war! In just the last 25 years, the ghastly toll for abortion has totaled over 900 million dead babies. Taking the more probable mean average, the toll rises to well over 1 billion babies; or nearly three times the amount of deaths due to war.www.covenantnews.com...

edit on 29-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1truthseeker50
reply to post by Varemia

I do not believe the theory of evolution. If you came form a monkey, why are their still monkeys?? The fossil evidence, show the apes skulll to the modern man. There is no link from apes to humans. Show me the missing link. You are either ape or your human. Like I said, I do not have the antigene for ,monkey blood. And I am not suppose to mate with someone that is rh+. You can actually see bloods not mixing. You can only inheiret what your ancestors pass down. If we all came from the same ancestor why would my body reject it's own fetus? Rh- does not orginate anywhere on earth. It can not be cloned as you can you can with rh+ lactated ringers. So where did rh- come from. It certainaly does not come "out of africa"

Dude, seriously, we didn't come from monkeys, and the chimps you are thinking of are technically in the ape category. Both humans and chimps evolved from the same ancestor. That's what evolution explains. And yes, if you show me an ape skull next to a human skull, I will be able to tell you all sorts of things we have in common that make us both primates. Then, I'll pull out a number of our evolutionary ancestors and describe how our brain size slowly increased over time and how our diets changed based on the size of our teeth and zygomatic arches.

You can't claim evolution is fake based on faith. It's a scientific fact unless someone else can provide a reason why animals have been visibly seen to change traits in the long term and retain them through generations. Add a couple million years to those subtle changes and species branch-offs and you have diversification. Add hundreds of millions of years and you have speciation.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

People always wonder why certain areas do not 'evolve' technologically while others do.

Note that the areas that evolved fastest were the harshest climates most lacking in land mass, good weather, animals to easily hunt, plenty of water.

Peoples who had an 'easy' subsistence (climate, hunting, water, space) generally lived a very communal, easy going, generally non-warlike lifestyle that did not require technology to survive or fight others for resources.

Technology generally springs from harsh environments.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join