It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Is Viral Premiers Sunday 4/17/2011 On ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Yeah for sure, no need to be putting your's or anyone elses life on the line, and besides a rushed job wont be doing the video justice, as the previous poster said, take all the time you need.

'Good things come to those who wait'

edit on 18-4-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
thanks for doing this - no matter WHAT conclusions you come to.

let's all be really appreciative, seriously, even if we disagree with things - i can just see nibiru beleivers saying "you didn't focus on this" and disbelievers having their qualms too (well, we'll see)

thanks in advance !

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
yeah man...the messenger can't die before he delivers his message! rest up and give it your best...but never your all...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ever so patiently waiting for the vid as well. I am sure this will be awesome!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I guess the real moral of the story, in the practical sense, is that you should just spring your future videos on us as a surprise, and let them be developed at their own pace.

ATS will always still be here... probably...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
so how does it feel to know that you have an entire website awaiting your work? you must feel pretty special right now. and for good reason! you are a pretty awesome guy. taking all this time to do all this research and present it to us? i mean dude that's awesome. thank you.

looking forward to your report but please don't put yourselfin hamrs way. go to sleep again tonight if you must. we're all stoked to see what you've brought back.

thank you very much for your hard work (which i bet was more fun than work)!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You just take it easy! You're right - it's just a video, nobody's life depends on you meeting a self-imposed deadline!

Good luck, relax and enjoy the creative process! ...It's supposed to be fun.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Its all good!! No hurry!! Take your time, but i'm still pretty excited to see it!
Sarah

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1a899355e82.jpg[/atsimg]

Pinnacle sucks!

This happened last year with Pinnacle 11 and I lost FORTY THREE projects I hadn't yet committed to DVD. After much whining and complaining, they gave me the upgraded Pinnacle 12 to compensate me.

Some compensation.

I'll figure out something, and get this project uploaded one way or another. I don't care if I have to edit it with my teeth.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
As a musician (non-professionally) who has had to put up with software-reated hiccups (which is why I use hardware DAWs exclusively now, but I digress,) project losses, and file compatability issues on numerous, numerous occasions - especially after telling people I'd be done by a specific date and time - I feel your pain lol.

It'll get done. We're not going anywhere.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This says it all. Be advised, Gunny Hartman has some salty things to say in the last 4 seconds:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Wow, that really sucks.

Is this a bad time to mention that I'm one of the programmers of Pinnacle?

....joke
edit on 19-4-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I laughed really hard on that one!

I feel your pain, having worked with several different software packages and providers. I can tell you honestly, I DO NOT like AT&T. The company I work at does work for AT&T and uses AT&T for a lot of connections. They play the pointing fingers game first and foremost. End rant.

Adapt and overcome, my motto as an ex SeaBee.

Good Luck!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
reply to post by OldCorp

Wow, that really sucks.

Is this a bad time to mention that I'm one of the programmers of Pinnacle?

....joke
edit on 19-4-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

A joke? Yeah, I'll bet. YOU ARE ONE OF THEM!!! I can tell by your avatar. You're a soul-sucking, evil, ugly alien bastad; a plant, a shill, a disinfo agent whose mission it was to see to it that I could not spread the truth virally. I'm on to your game mister!!!

I have come to chew bubble gum and kick ass - and I'm all out of bubble gum.

edit on 4/19/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You're too funny OC! LMAO! With your teeth!

I won't be buying Pinnacle now!!!!
Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuzMc
reply to post by OldCorp

You're too funny OC! LMAO! With your teeth!

I won't be buying Pinnacle now!!!!
Thanks

Apparently, I'm not alone. A YouTube search reveals many others with similar and varied problems with Pinnacle Studio. I've spent the last hour contacting as many as I can, asking that they submit their videos to mine as a video response. I'm going to get them all in one place so I can put as much of a hurting on their sales as I can.

Most of the users are kids - farm boys, geeks, and nerds (like me) - who have like 8 subscribers. I'm not in that category; my videos have received over half a million views when the views from various sites are combined. And the tags I've inserted in this video should guarantee that no matter the subject searched for, this video should appear in the search results. They should not have messed with a United States Marine. BIG MISTAKE.

Thanks for the laugh Suz. I needed it.
Cheers.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Not to derail this into an "I Hate So and So Software" thread but Microsoft's little XP SP3 upgrade cost our recording studio about $1000 in new(er) gear to deal with their fire wire update.

So I have felt your pain OC...right in the freakin' pocketbook

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You know, I was very angry this morning when I posted that Pinnacle video; after all, I worked on that video non-stop - and I mean day and night - for two whole days after getting all of the footage I needed. It really was the best piece of work I've ever done, and it just needed a few titles put on it before being rendered.

After having the day to think about it, I realize I was being a bit childish. I've decided to look at this as a positive thing for one reason: I do my best work under pressure of a deadline. Creative ideas just flow into my brain housing group, turning my mental gears like water turns an old-style water-powered flour mill. The next incarnation of this video will be even better than the last.

I sent Springer and SkepticOverlord the intro which I had already rendered (Thank God,) just to tease them a bit, and here's part of the reply I received: "loved the intensity."

Yes sir, it's time to improvise, adapt, and overcome in true Marine Corp fashion. Oooh Rah.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
so.....is it almost ready to be released? I am very excited for this!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, sorry to hear that, despite our disagreements in some areas I hope you can come up with a solution, but don't get too stressed over it if you can't find a solution soon. Stuff happens man.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join