It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.8 earthquake near Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
noypistuff.blogspot.com...
edit on 16-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Nice heads up... guess we better watch this. Mother Earth is not happy

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Seriously
Im starting to wonder if all these quakes are happening before a "mega" quake...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Oh for god sake, stop making EQ threads about Japan, seriously.
Japan is a country that often get hits by EQ.
It's a common occurrence over there.

people are so desperate.

edit on 16-4-2011 by Be4sTXMoDe because: a

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Be4sTXMoDe

people are so desperate.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b!tch?...just came across this and thought I'd post it here...calm down.
edit on 16-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
lol unless its a major earthquake theres no point posting every one that happens, japan has earthquakes more often than i have hot dinners

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A five point eight is not insignificant.

Recently the number of quakes has gone down a lot. When there were many quakes a 5.8 would have been missed, but a 5.8 now is at least interesting. - Especially given its location, which is pretty near Tokyo proper.

* Not trying to start a fight. I don't think people around here would notice a four point something these days, but a 5.8 would certainly alarm even the Tokyoites.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If you look back at some of the EQ graphs produced over the last few weeks you will see that Japan has had over 1000 EQ's with Mm under 7. Most buildings in Japan are built to withstand 7- Mm so a 5 something is nothing.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMind
If you look back at some of the EQ graphs produced over the last few weeks you will see that Japan has had over 1000 EQ's with Mm under 7. Most buildings in Japan are built to withstand 7- Mm so a 5 something is nothing.

Thing about this 5 er EQ it was just 20 km deep...not the strongest of EQs, but still gave Tokyo a good shaking.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

people are so desperate.

How ignorant (or stupid) can one get? How old are you? I sincerely hope you are below 12 yrs old so at least I can excuse you for your meaningless post.

If you don`t care about the Japan EQ threads, then don`t read them. Don`t post on them. Stay away from them.

We all know that Japan is a very EQ prone country - maybe , you are not aware that there was a major EQ in Japan last month...on March 11th... Did you know??

Well, let me tell you ...as a result of this, there have been hundreds more after shocks and more earthquakes, of magnitudes higher than normal - where , people have died too.

People who post info like this, like the OP, I believe, are worried about what is happening, even because another major major one is predicted/possible in the Tokyo area, or at least in Japan. I don`t believe the OP posted this to get himself stars or flags - just info. If you don`t like it...go somewhere else - there are plenty of other posts on ATS which Im sure you will adore. I would love to give examples for you but will restrain from doing so.

For someone living in Japan, in Tokyo, and on the Tokyo bay....I tell you - I FEEL these quakes EVERY SINGLE DAY. And the one that the OP mentioned in this post, startled me out of bed and I thought it was going to be the just like the one we had on 3/11. Started slowly, then got stronger...but Thank God, it stopped there.

I, on the contrary, love people writing about these quakes - giving inputs, whatever - even though noone can predict these `bloody` quakes. I feel like someone is caring and sharing these experiences, even from a distance.

Just as I write to you now, my phone is sending me an alert, informing me of yet another EQ. IT`s constant. All day, everyday.

So please - take your selfish self elsewhere - think about others before posting. And stay clear, at this point (if they bother you so much) from all EQ related threads..

Thank you

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It once came across my mind... Japan seems to have an enormous potential as a country, and, well, I never fully understood that HAARP thing, but could that have something to do with this 'quake storms' ? Is it even normal that they happend in such a short time, and so intensely?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aprch
It once came across my mind... Japan seems to have an enormous potential as a country, and, well, I never fully understood that HAARP thing, but could that have something to do with this 'quake storms' ? Is it even normal that they happend in such a short time, and so intensely?

There are so many threads on a possible relation between HAARP and the Japan EQ on ATS....make a quick search and I`m sure you`ll find more than you can read and within some, interesting discussion posts.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Errrrr.. Just so you guys know, earthquakes like this are always going to happen after such a huge quake. In some instances, aftershocks can occur for up to a year after wards.

So a 5.8 isn't exactly something to worry over right now.

edit on 16-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko

people are so desperate.

How ignorant (or stupid) can one get? How old are you? I sincerely hope you are below 12 yrs old so at least I can excuse you for your meaningless post.

If you don`t care about the Japan EQ threads, then don`t read them. Don`t post on them. Stay away from them.

We all know that Japan is a very EQ prone country - maybe , you are not aware that there was a major EQ in Japan last month...on March 11th... Did you know??

Well, let me tell you ...as a result of this, there have been hundreds more after shocks and more earthquakes, of magnitudes higher than normal - where , people have died too.

People who post info like this, like the OP, I believe, are worried about what is happening, even because another major major one is predicted/possible in the Tokyo area, or at least in Japan. I don`t believe the OP posted this to get himself stars or flags - just info. If you don`t like it...go somewhere else - there are plenty of other posts on ATS which Im sure you will adore. I would love to give examples for you but will restrain from doing so.

For someone living in Japan, in Tokyo, and on the Tokyo bay....I tell you - I FEEL these quakes EVERY SINGLE DAY. And the one that the OP mentioned in this post, startled me out of bed and I thought it was going to be the just like the one we had on 3/11. Started slowly, then got stronger...but Thank God, it stopped there.

I, on the contrary, love people writing about these quakes - giving inputs, whatever - even though noone can predict these `bloody` quakes. I feel like someone is caring and sharing these experiences, even from a distance.

Just as I write to you now, my phone is sending me an alert, informing me of yet another EQ. IT`s constant. All day, everyday.

So please - take your selfish self elsewhere - think about others before posting. And stay clear, at this point (if they bother you so much) from all EQ related threads..

Thank you

lmao joker, so stating out facts is now put in as "meaningless post''?
I think it's the other way round Mister.

cheers.

new topics

top topics

join