It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auto bibliography for links within important threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What I am wondering is would it be possible for an additional function that would create a thread similar to this one for important threads (maybe all of them if it's even possible)

What I am envisioning is when someone references a link in a post that a "category" drop down or text box be available to sort the link into. If a category id new, the first person could name it then all other links of a similar type could go under that category. If the link falls under an existing category, then it would merely be added to that.

The next step would be for a new thread to be automatically created that contained a list of links used in relation it's companion thread. You could set it to update every 20 pages or more or less depending on a number of factors, so that it wouldn't just be a mirror thread of nothing but links.

It would be a tremendous resource for fast moving and highly watched threads.

I'm not even sure if something like this is even possible, but I figured it couldn't hurt to suggest it. Feel free ti ask any questions if this isn't clear or I have botched up what I am trying to get across. And it goes without saying that if this is in the wrong place, please relocate.

new topics

join