It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies are better backwards - how many can you guess?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Inspired by a recent game I played, myself and some friends came up with a list of movies that are (in our collective opinions) best when considered backwards. Here is a list of these backwards movie plots. See how many you can get! (some of them are pretty obscure. In fact, one of them is French.)

1. An insane man vomits up bits of people, who he then puts back together and sends home. After a while he decides to go hide in a maximum security prison cell.

2. A father imprisons his children and a bunch of other children in a castle. A scary looking man then breaks them out and takes them back to their dad in a truck, which turns out to be a lolly shop on wheels. The family then flies home in a car, which later breaks down and is turned into scrap.

3. A man loses his imaginary friends, becomes sane, divorces his wife and then spends a long time finding the questions to some answers he found.

4. A man surgically separates a conjoined conglomerate of people and sends them all home so that they may lead their very own lives.

5. A famous fashion designer pulls apart a heap of clothes, resurrects her partner, divorces him and becomes poor.

6. A man steals some golf balls from their holes, gives some rich people some money and buys his mum a house.

7. A man puts some snakes on a plane, which then put themselves into some cages that were lying around.

8. A child gives up his chocolate factory to an old man and goes home poor. In the process he comes across a tiny boy that turns big, a giant blueberry that turns into a girl, a boy climbing out of a chocolate river and a girl climbing out of a shoot with her father. His grandfather goes back to bed for a while as a result.

9. An FBI agent quits his job and goes around America finding and destroying counterfeit cheques. He has many jobs, which he soon leaves so he can go back to school.

10. An army of elves and people spend a night resurrecting some orcs, who kindly direct them back home and then set about rebuilding some villages. Also, a wizard plants some trees and a hobbit reluctantly goes on his way back home.

11. Some dinosaurs organize themselves back into cages and Sam Neal goes back home to bury some bones.

12. Two Zombies fall out of love with each other, which causes a rift between their two families.

13. A kid loses control of his dragon, which then escapes to find some more dragons. The group of dragons then go and put out some fires and rebuild parts of the young boy's village.

14. Some Robots attempt to save a man. In the end he vomits up a pill and goes home.

15. A snake vomits up live people in the Amazon who then hop on a boat and make their way home.

16. A genius insurance broker quits his job, scrambles a Rubics cube in protest, becomes poor and gets his wife back.

17. A bunch of aliens leave earth while the man who healed them back to health forgets it even happened.

18. A man who lives in a forest divorces his wife to live a life of robbing from the poor, giving to the rich and pulling arrows out of dead people, bringing them back to life.

19. A dead girl goes back into a TV

20. A dead guy spends a while thinking he's alive and then it turns out he really is.

21. A bunch of people break up

22. A rebel army in Africa kindly restore a village. All the meanwhile, a guy digs up a pink diamond and drops it in a river

23. A father gives his daughter up to sex traffickers and then goes around Paris reviving criminals before returning home to America. The daughter miraculously escapes, finds her best friend (who is a zombie) and goes home pretending as though nothing even happened.

24. Some guys give a car full of pot and a heap of money to their neighbors.

25. A King hires man to teach him how to freeze and stutter when speaking in public.

26. A green monster with a big heart steals Christmas off some people. His heart then shrinks, so he gives Christmas back and returns to live in a mountain.

27. A builder revives a man after a fall into a pool. The man then sells his house, breaks up with his girlfriend and joins the Rolling Stones.

28. A man brings a girl violently back to life, puts a demon inside of her and sends her to college.

29. Jesus dies and is then reborn when he gets nailed to a cross.

30. Some Japanese soldiers put a boat back together and populate it with some underwater people before returning to Japan.

31. Some bees raise an army of zombies.

32. A couple break up. The girl then buys a book store while the guy sells his and they eventually forget each other entirely.

33. A teenager goes back in time to break up his then teenage parents before returning home again.

34. A pig goes and scares some sheep.

35. A fish steals some rainbow scales off of other fish.

Now some T.V. series:

36. A CIA agent plants a bomb. Luckily, a group of terrorists finds it and deconstructs it.

37. Two brothers go around America summoning demons and evil spirits to heal people.

38. A doctor and his team spend their time giving people obscure illnesses and then spend the rest of the time pretending that it's lupus until they leave. The doctor also does a lot nice things for his boss.

39. A group of friends break up when some of them decide to become pretentious and popular. One of the girls has a miscarriage and another guy decides he wants to be straight. The popular kids start being nice to the geeks, who eventually can't take it anymore and as a result, they quit singing annoying songs for good.

40. A group of dead people travel around an island and find them selves on a beach with a plane, which they then rebuild and fly back screaming to wherever they came from. God decided that after all their hard work, they could be alive again.

41. A man stops campaigning, goes to jail and then gets made president of the USA.

42. it's basically a show about some detectives and a couple of lawyers releasing criminals and making zombies.

43. Some kids get really upset when their pokemon keep devolving, so they return home defeated and swear never to catch or battle another pokemon again.

edit on 16-4-2011 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
A very annoying little boy forgets he ever found youtube, grows normal hair and devolves back into a snotty nosed little brat attention seeking baby.

Does the justin beiber movie count as a movie though....

Actually, on a similar note, I once watched Catch me if you can, which was on a 2 cd-set and accidentally watched cd 2 first, and it was a mind trip watching the whole thing going "That was weird!" only to later learn I had indeed watched them in the wrong order, and eventually realising that it was actually better that way!

lol

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
A man in a healthy relationship ties for second place against his bitter rival, zooms backwards around a racetrack, goes crazy, delivers pizza, wrecks, is on top of the world and rich,has 2 kids, marrys a shallow hot chick, gets an awesome racing job, decides he wants to go fast, then figures out...if you're not last, you're first!!

#1=Silence of the Lambs

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
1. Silence of the lambs

3. A beautiful mind?

4. Human centipede

8. Charlie and the chocolate factory

12. Survival of the dead

14. I robot?

15. Annaconda

16. The pursuit of Happyness?

17. Cocoon?

18. Robin Hood

19, The Ring

21. The rules of attraction?

22. Blood Diamond

23. Taken

25. The kings speech

26. How the Gringch stole Christmas

29. The passion of Jesus el savioro Christos. The Passion

33. Back to the future

34. Babe?

36. 24

37. Supernatural

38. House

39. LOL gLee (i despise this show)

40 Lost (don't get me started)

43. Pokemon

Did my best let me know how I did.

Trowa

P.s. If you have a copy of Memento watch it backwards it awesome here's how if you have the (limited edition) www.dvdeastereggs.com...

edit on 16/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: to add Post script

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

You didn't guess mine

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

You didn't guess mine

I spent like 10 minutes on it before I have no idea
. Truth be told I pride myself on the bit of movie knowledge i have so missing as many of these as i did bummed me out. Not even really sure about half of the ones I answered.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 16/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Sorry to double post but is it Talladega nights: The ballad of Ricky Bobby? I never saw the whole thing so ......

Trowa
edit on 16/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

DING DING DING!!!

Yep, good job!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Here is some more ? added to the ones I'm not sure about.

7. Snakes on a plane

10. LOTR

13 Eragon

14. I am going to change to the Matrix

20. Woke up Dead?

21 Maybe closer if not rules of attraction.

31. Swarm

32. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind?

Trowa

This thread rules BTW
edit on 16/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add more answers

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
1. Silence of the lambs

3. A beautiful mind?

4. Human centipede

8. Charlie and the chocolate factory

These are all right

12. Survival of the dead

14. I robot?

Nope and nope.

15. Annaconda

16. The pursuit of Happyness?

Both right

17. Cocoon?

18. Robin Hood

19, The Ring

21. The rules of attraction?

22. Blood Diamond

23. Taken

25. The kings speech

26. How the Gringch stole Christmas

29. The passion of Jesus el savioro Christos. The Passion

33. Back to the future

34. Babe?

36. 24

37. Supernatural

38. House

39. LOL gLee (i despise this show)

40 Lost (don't get me started)

43. Pokemon

Did my best let me know how I did.

Trowa

P.s. If you have a copy of Memento watch it backwards it awesome here's how if you have the (limited edition) www.dvdeastereggs.com...

edit on 16/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: to add Post script

So you got 17 and 21 wrong, but the rest are right. I suppose 21 is a bit hard. I'll give you a hint: it 'ends' with a musician unreleasing a christmas song.

I also despise glee and lost.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Here is some more ? added to the ones I'm not sure about.

7. Snakes on a plane

10. LOTR

13 Eragon

14. I am going to change to the Matrix

20. Woke up Dead?

21 Maybe closer if not rules of attraction.

31. Swarm

32. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind?

Trowa

This thread rules BTW
edit on 16/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add more answers

13, 20, 21 and 32 are wrong.

In 13, the kid spends the movie getting wore at being a Viking. For 20, I suppose it would help if I revise it to this:

20. A dead guy thinks he's alive for a while, despite a small child's initial insistance to the contrary. In the end, the man was alive, so he went home to his wife who was being healed by a strange man.

32 is a fairly well known movie. Much more would give it away.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Right - 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 16, 18, 19, 22,23, 25, 26, 29, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39.

Wrong - 12, 13, 17, 20, 21 32.

20. The Sixth sense.

I'll be back I'm going to get these. I hope more folks check this out I'm having fun with it. Later

That is all

Trowa

P.S Lost.............. Man................ I never felt so cheated in my life.
edit on 16/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ok, this is a long shot, but, is 13 The Never Ending Story?

I know, I know 20, just cant get it out!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Right - 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 16, 18, 19, 22,23, 25, 26, 29, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39.

Wrong - 12, 13, 17, 20, 21 32.

20. The Sixth sense.

I'll be back I'm going to get these. I hope more folks check this out I'm having fun with it. Later

That is all

Trowa

P.S Lost.............. Man................ I never felt so cheated in my life.
edit on 16/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

20 is correct

P.S. I only watched the first and last episode of it, so the story line was simply 'our plane crashed on an island, hey look peaopl, oh wait, we're dead'. I think it's probably better left that way.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
Ok, this is a long shot, but, is 13 The Never Ending Story?

I know, I know 20, just cant get it out!!

Nope, but that would be a good one to do. Hint: it's a recent film designed for kids.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
21 is Love Actually, correct?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm trying, I really am.

Which ones are left to guess?
Here's another one from me:

A blind man starts doing drugs and entertaining people, then he rubs sav in his eyes and he is cured!

edit: Geeze it's almost as hard to make them up as is it is to guess them

edit on 17-4-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
21 is Love Actually, correct?

correct. Well done, that one was hard

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
umm memento?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

UMMMMMM? Is it "Ray", that awesome movie about Ray Charles?

I'm extra borde tonight

new topics

top topics

join