It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(i think this goes here....) Sleep interaction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ok, this has happend to me twice. My mom comes in my room to wake me, she does, but like a typical BooBaa, i fall back asleep. Well, one time i started dreaming and i was talking to my mom while having my dream. Here. I dreampt that i getting my lunch at school and had already gotten my food, while i was actually laying in bed. My mom starts yelling...Danny! Get up, so i told her in a very tired/dreamy voice, "No, i already got my food..." Another thing similiar, except this time i said "no, i already got out of the shower" (on the second, i believe you can fill in the blanks....) Does anyone know why this happens or how, because it would be a lot of fun to do it more often....

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
it's called lucid dreaming. and yes, some can control it...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
this happens to me often. You have to be really exhausted and semi awake. When the person this case your mom is talking to you, your dream state changes the message sometimes to something your dreaming about and when you respond it makes absolutely no sense to the person who is talking to you.
Not to long ago my wife asked me if I was asleep and I started asking how big the fish were that she caught.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
My girlfriend is always doing this. It usually starts with her sleep talking and waking me up, then I try and have a conversation with her.
The last time this happened last week, she started mumbling then said "dont listen to that b*tch!" and I reply "who? your mom?", "NO!!", "who then?" "that Liz from work the cow!". Then she starts babbling in French (she's french) so I said "what are you on about now?" and she replies something like "socrebleu blahleblahleblah" " you what?" "SOCRE-BLEU!! LEBLAHBLAHBLAH!!" "you what? talk properly" "oh... I'll explain it later"
Then she wakes up and wonders why I'm laughing
Its always pretty amusing when it hapens!

I wouldn't call it lucid dreaming though, that's where you're dreaming and fully aware that it's a dream - and that therefore there is no gravity, no concequence, and no limit - much more fun!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I mess with my husband alot because he falls asleep very quickly..If I nudge him just slightly, I can ask him about his current dream and he will respond...If I just speak in a very general sense, he will respond from his dream preception--Both without ever really waking up...I wish I could just fall asleep like that..I know I could find alternate states of awareness more easlily--He is hardly intersted.

Unfortunately, his dreams are usually about his construction work...He cant find this, cant find that, his men arent there, or he left blueprints home ect... I guess many of mine are work related...

When I was in school though, I would get up, fall back asleep, and dream I already left for school also...or Im at school--The Id wake up and find Im late and still in bed. OOps

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i have that all the time!!!!!!!! (apparently...)
my mum says that i talk to my lil bro whilst we are both asleep!!! (we share a room

sometimes, when i am awake and he starts to talk, i can reply and have a small talk (about 1 - 2 mins, and most of what he says is mumble jumble)

at least i know im not the only weird 1 about...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i thought a lucid dream was when you are dreaming and you know your dreaming....so you do whatever your mind pleases you...maybe im wrong...though

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It happens to me too, once my dad woke me up, who knows why, and i said"good night"?? he was laughing for days. another time at a sleep over i had a dream that i was arguing with 2 people and their mom stood right over me to break up the fihgt. i woke up right then, and she was standing there.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Yeah, that's it Boobaa - we're describing the same thing. Ever have them?

new topics

top topics

join