It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make me a believe please.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There is no such thing as an ALL-knowing, ALL-powerful, invisible being, who created the WHOLE Universe, and who lives in another dimension called heaven.

Your idea of God is too small.

Sorry, brother. I'll pray for you.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

It is hard for people who find God to contain thier excitement at the new way they feel, but ya really we should not ever try to force God upon anyone, Even more if ill equipped to do so.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

without preaching as I am a sinner as well ( we all are only covered by the blood of Jesus )
ok, go to church, honestly pray for enlightment so to speak, open up and allow the spirit to touch you.
so many say nay to the existence but they never even give it a chance to touch them.
been there, done that, doing it now.
the church pays a preacher a salary or gives them free rent maybe..depends..it's a legal thing
too far as taxes are concerned..one of the down sides of the organization of religion.
just remember, don't trust man or some so called great man as a rule. a doctor may save your body
but only Jesus can save you from hell. He died for you..wow.
you can go look up plenty of videos on youtube about these things.
the flesh and the spirit are at constant war.
Yes it's hard to believe but we believe by faith, not by actual proof..put another way, he IS Lord.
we are human. Seem strange? You bet and his people "peculiar".
And on the practical side..don't go to church to save your marriage..go to be inspired and then see
what happens naturally. You stand to lose a lot more than your marriage.
And, there is such a thing as a true christian..just because you go to church does not mean you have
a personal relationship with the father. Just go and keep your heart open but your mind sharp.
I won't quote but it something like this: be gentle as a lamb and wise as a serpant.
You'd have to look it up..sorry but hope I've helped a little bit.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think the reason to believe must override the WANT to believe. I might want to believe unicorns exist, but i have to look at the available evidence.

Think about prayers....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Without first wanting to believe you will never find a reason to. If enough of mankind believed in God and did his will all suffering such as hunger would exist in the same realm as Unicorns. Faith without works is as pointless as a man who finds fault in God through the deeds of man, and just as foolish.

These kinds of problems created by man are mans to solve, there is no mystery behind these problems. Yet still they exist and its funny how they originate from GREED and a lack of love for others.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
Recently my wife has been going to church.
got saved ...now going to get baptized.

I want to believe in a higher power such as god jesus ect...
I just feel for a lack of a better word retarded praying to something i do not know if it exists or not.

Its like the guy down the street and his wife everyone in my small town makes fun of them cause they worship the sun.
But at least they know the sun is real.
so i never got why they make fun of them.

But my wife begs me every Wednesday and Sunday to go to church. i just cant do it.
Heck they pay there preacher money to preach to them.
Just seems wrong to me.
If he truly thought he was doing gods work..why do you have to pay him ?

But it is starting to cause a drain on my marriage cause apparently the preacher has it in her head i am a sinner for not believing.
But i dont want to go just to save my marriage..forced...you know. it isnt right.

But if you can give me logical proof as to why god exist's you very well may save my marriage.

thanks for any and all honest reply's

I am sorry my friend, but I cannot make you a believer. You have some pretty good suggestions so far, and if they help, wonderful. Here is a suggestion that may help you along they way of discovering God for your self.

Be kind to everyone you meet.
Judge no man for we all struggle in life, and it is our struggles which often define us.
Cherish those who love you, but love those who hate you as well. Hate is caused by ignorance and fear, so those who suffer with hate are in dire need of love.

Prove there is God to others by answering prayers when you can. Do this, and God will return the favor for you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I,will try to help you,if you really in your heart want to know,I,will give you my personal email,and we can talk. Now,it won't always be roses,we still get tested by the world,but , Jesus and our comforter will,help us. You can ask me anything. For you taking this first step Jesus is tugging at your heart. That's why it is brothering you so much.God loves you.Please feel free to read all my articles here.Also i am venusstarlite and thevenusstarlite at youtube.Also MelodyEdington on facebook,venusstarlite at twitter,also I,am venusstarlite at soundclick,it has my testament of how I,got saved.,all of my sites are Christian ones.I,am a Baptist,but i,claim I,am a follower of JESUS CHRIST.I,don't say like saying what religion,I, am,mankind made names up,for different faiths. I,personally believe like in the beginning we were all one,then there was JEWS AND GENTILES,Because of how the Jews and Romans called believes and non-believers.Mankind made it hard,It was so simple,either you believed there was a God or there wasn't.There was always faith,either you had it or you didn't.preachers,churches,mankind has made it hard for you to know what is Truth,Jesus told us,in the sermon on the mt. All you have to do,is that,and pray,and god said to give tithes to him, that's why we give tithes in church,you are to give to the one that gives you the message of god,like they did with Jesus,feed them,a place to stay while they preached there.Things like that.Jesus ,even paid tithes,I will explain more,in a new thread. When,I,got saved,it was wonderful,I,haven't regretted it.Also pray in secret,a simple prayer,you don't need to rumble,God knows all and sees all,he knows your heart.He just wants to hear it from you,he knows if you really mean it.He does forgive everything! And yes,sometimes,you will fail,but you can go back to Jesus and forgiveness,if you are honest.He knows our flesh is weak and not perfect.He wants us to try hard and do right.We know right from wrong,before we even do it.Please don't get mad at your wife,She should tell you what happen for her,and let you decide.I,learned long time ago,if its pushed or thrown down your throat and mind,you fight it harder,and don't listen.I,pray for the ones i want to know,about God.If anyone wants to talk or ask me ,i,let them know,I,am here when they are ready.I,al;so know,I,am watched on how live,talk,walk.They do it to see if i am really true at what I,say and do.I,read my bible ,I,pray all the time,good and bad times.But,I,always thank GOD AND JESUS FOR EVERYTHING.I,always look for good when there is something bad happening.I,also don't judge,that's Jesus thing.I,see the heart,not the person.I,listen,I,am friends with all,believers and non-believers.Like Jesus,he said he was there for the sick,not the well.Now he was there to with the well.Jesus came to save mankind,the first time.I,talk with God,not to God.I,talk to him,like he is my father here,on earth,one on one.I,don't talk to him just when i,need something,or want something.I,feel so good after talking with him.I,seem to really talk to him,around 2-4 in the morn.I,get woken up,I,can't sleep until l, I, pray,then I,go back to sleep peacefully,honestly,my friend.It feels like he is right in my room with me.I,like this verse,“For God so loved the world, that he gave
his only begotten Son, that whosoever
believeth in him should not perish, but
have everlasting life (john 3:16).“Let the morning bring me word of your
unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul (Psalm 143:8).“Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
and don't lean on your own understanding. In all things acknowledge him, and he
shall direct your way.
[Proverbs 3:5, 6]”I,hope this helps,we will talk more,if you want too.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The problem with the title is no one can make you believe. In fact, what does the word believe mean? I would never want to believe in god. I do my utmost not to believe anything. If i hear something (gossip, history, news even a thought going through me), i ask is this true? The answer is always no. Nothing is completely true, there are holes in every story, every idea and concept.
The only thing that is true is this ever present moment with me at the centre. This experience. I can allow myself to get lost in the world of form (past, future and other) because i know where my home is. I am never lost though because i always know where i am.
The world is scary when we do not feel connected. We are all looking for something, anything to make us feel at ease, we feel there is something missing, something lost.

I wrote this on another thread:

God never made a copy of himself. God is like a diamond with many beams of light reflecting, we are no more than a beam of light. The little light beam, like the wave thinks it is separate and being separate is scary. The fear that is produced by the separateness, is unfounded. The beam of light tries everything to find it's way home, looking at all the other beams/waves struggle and fight for survival or salvation. It looks at other beams of light (mirages) to hold on to but they all crumble and collapse because they have no real substance.
One day the lightbeam or wave get so tired or disillusioned that it gives up completely. Instead of falling apart there is a return to source. I am the diamond.

When it is realized that we are all the one diamond, the light beam is no longer lost. It sees the many reflections and knows it is all one. The diamond is alone.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Malachi 3:8-11 “Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, In what way have we robbed You? In tithes and offerings.
You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed God,he says, Even this whole nation,has robbed him ,and forgotten him.They have forgotten his blessings,look at the media, USA is being punished.WE have forgotten to pray to him and give him his dues,and to thank him.
Bring all the tithes into his storehouse,the church,his temple,where we pray to him, That there may be food in his house, that's the tithes we give him, And try Him now in this, Says the LORD of hosts, If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field, Says the LORD of hosts;” these are quotes from our bible to help you.God says this in the bible.I,believe him,when we don't do this,it upsets him,and he turns his face,because he gave us all his,and what do we give back to him,nothing? Then we wonder why we have so many problems here on earth.We brought it all upon our self.Consequently, he is not his wife’s pastor. He will carefully guard himself from infringing on the wife’s spiritual privileges. He will regard her as a helpmeet to himself, both domestically and spiritually, and will accept this help in both spheres. His wife will be more to him than a household servant or baby-machine. He will take pains for her welfare and will, as the scriptures state, truly nourish and cherish her.Instead of judging and arguing with her.Meet her half-way my friend,it won't hurt honestly,You might actually learn or hear something you like.Or maybe try a different church,if this church isn't preaching the true bible and truth.Find out where the church is and what they believe in.Find out what she is believing in.But please don't judge her,and she shouldn't judge you either.She needs to listen to,and pray about it,and open her heart to.Please don't stop her being baptist,as long as she isn't in a cult,or hurting herself or anyone.You are married in gods eyes you are one,so you decide together as one.You are the head,but she is also equal with you(you are one remember).she stand with you,(beside you),not behind or ahead of you.To make a marriage work,you must talk,and meet each other half-way.I,learned this long time ago.I,have been with my guy 24 years now,HE believes in god,doesn't go to church,did when he was a child.we talk about God all the time,good conversations.I,don't force nothing on him,I,know when its time to talk about the bible with and not when to.He,doesn't stop me of going to church.I,don't shove or push anything down his throat.I,pray for him.I,know he will come with me soon,he is getting more closer,i can tell by the way he acts and talks.I,leave him to God,but i,am here if he wants me.I,hope this helps.To your wife,keep your faith,and pray for him,be there for him,he will come to you when he ready.to your wife,they watch us,so walk and talk with god.all will be okay.May god bless you all and safe in JESUS ARMS,I AM PRAYING FOR YOU BOTH AND THE WORLD.

It All Comes From God,this is why we give tithes,Elsewhere, the Bible says, “The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine, says the LORD of hosts” (Hag. 2:8). Before we become possessive about the treasures of this world, let us first remember that He created this planet and everyone on it, and even though Satan holds a temporary dominion through sin (2 Cor. 4:4), the earth still belongs to God.

Furthermore, God is responsible for every means that people have to make a living (John 3:27, Jas. 1:17). Are you a farmer? You plant God’s seeds in His earth and rely upon His rain and sunshine to ripen it to harvest. Are you an auto worker? All the steel, glass, rubber, plastic, oil and gasoline are products from God’s earth. Are you a craftsman? Your talent or skill to work at a trade is given by God. He has given you your brain, eyes, ears, mouth, hands, fingers, legs, and feet that you use to earn your living. Even the silver and copper in our coins, and the wood pulp in our paper currency comes from God’s earth. It is fair of God to only require a tenth to be returned to Him, since He owns 100% of this planet.Don't you think,HE DOES SO MUCH FOR US.

Unfortunately, many Christians AND NON-BELIEVERS misunderstand the idea of tithing. They often think of it as giving a tenth from “their own” property to God. However, in reality it is God that has done the giving to us, and claims the return of only 10% of His own property. Tithing is not taking a tenth of our own money and giving it to God, but it is returning a tenth of what was already His to begin with! The scripture says,“But who am I, and who are my people, That we should be able to offer so willingly as this? For all things come from You, And of Your own we have given You” (1 Chron. 29:14). God is so generous to us. He gives us the 90% and retains only 10% of what is rightfully His.Genesis 28:22 gave us the answer, “And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be GOD’S HOUSE, and of all that you give me I will surely give a tenth to you.” So we are to pay tithe into the house of GOD, see also Malachi 3:10.We are never to give our tithe to any MOG or pastor but paid into the house of GOD. The next thing to consider is what happens after paying our tithe? I must point out that one of the ways the devil try to rob many of the benefit or blessing that goes with tithing is our trying to poke nose into the way and manner tithe paid are used in the house of GOD . They try to know what happens to the tithe they paid, and by so doing the devil corrupt their mind by telling them that the pastor is using their tithe for their private or personal benefits. This is a wrong perceptive of tithing,now,I,hate to admit,their is corrupt pastors and faith teachers,but they will be judged by god,they will be judge worse then us,god says.. Since it is not to the pastor you paid tithe to but to GOD, you should let your mind go, as to how it is used or misused, It is GOD that will punish the person that misuses GOD’S tithe and not you. All you know is that you have performed your obligation with GOD ALMIGHTY,NOT MANKIND and should expect the reward or blessing that goes with it from GOD.

DOES TITHING ONLY INVOLVE MONEY? No tithing does not involve only money .We are to tithe from the resources that came our way, whether from farm crops, if you are a crop farmer or from animal if you are an animal farmer or from the fruits from our farm. See the definition of tithe again in Genesis 28:22, “ And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be GOD’S house and ALL THAT YOU GIVE ME I WILL SURELY GIVE TENTH TO YOU”. However, money issue came into picture in tithing in DEUT. 14:22-29. Here GOD gave the instruction that resources mentioned above (animals, crops, wine, fruits etc) could be exchanged for money see verse25. That is to say a farmer is free to pay tithe from the physical items from his or her farm such as chicken or live animals, crops or fruits etc. But if he sells those items, he could pay tithe of money proceeds from the sells.i.e.from what he realized from the sales. Many farmers prefer to pay tithe of money because it is easy to calculate tithe from money proceeds. For example, a farmer who has four ram from his farm, how do you expect him to pay tithe of live ram from that four collection? But if he sells the four rams he could pay tithe from the proceeds from the sells.you must be qualified to pay tithe (you must be in the covenant, you must be born again).Those who have no covenant relationship with GOD are not expected or required to pay tithe. So the first thing GOD expects from you before you start to pay tithe is to enter into a covenant relationship with HIM-get born again.
Secondly tithing must be paid correctly and from the dept of your heart not as if you are been forced or compelled to do so. Some ignorantly use number six (natural reasoning) in treating tithe matter. As a result, they just give any thing as tithe. For emphasis, tithe is not just any amount; it must be 10% of the resources that comes your way. The principle is that you must be faithful to compute your tithe obligation correctly before GOD can accept it and bless you back. Remember GOD is not in need or a beggar. HE knows the resources that came your way and the tithe you suppose to pay. (Remember the offering of CAIN and ABEL in Genesis!)
I want you all to be very careful in dealing with tithe issue so that the devil will not rob you the benefit of tithing by refusing to tithe simply because some so called person or people are abusing proceeds of tithing. Yes, it is true some lazy and ignorant and self appointed person or people are abusing tithe payment. They are ignorant of the meaning and essence of tithe that is why they view tithe as avenue to raise money and put food on their table. You will see and know such person by their constant coercing and begging their members to pay their tithe. For emphasis tithe payment must never be coerced, forced or begged for. It must flow or paid willingly or it will not be accepted. by GOD.
You asked me why should I, pay tithes? if I don’t pay my tithes,I,personally won't receive any blessings and God would turn away from me. I,am so thankful for all the blessing he gave me and my family. Let us look at what happens if I faithfully pay my tithe; The answer is in MALACHI Chapter 3 verses 10 to 12: First GOD said HE will open the windows of heaven and pour US a blessing……, ”
Secondly, GOD said HE will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your grounds…, ” I,really believes this, every time,I,needed a answer,or needed money bad,a answer always came for me,it may not always been the money,it maybe a time given for me to get it.they always worked with me,or the money showed up from weird places.Or some good person helped me.I,didn't always get the answer i expected,but god always helped me,out my problem.You see I, have that much faith in God,I,give it all to him,not just a little part of me.He always listens,he is never late.Also,I,don't get a answer right that minute,I,prayed for a 3 BR home,tried everything,then all a sudden 2 years later,a house fell into my hands.I,made god a promise,and I,will keep it.That I,will start bible study in my home,if he gave a house .now,I,asked about a vehicle,to get us around,my broke,I,need one for my wheelchair.I,live on ssi.I,know when God thinks,I,need one,I,will get one.
In other words, if you don’t pay your tithe, you will never enjoy the full blessings GOD in your life. Secondly you will continue to suffer under the bondage of EVIL............... Also about your marriage,and your wife always asking you to come to church,this is the bible to....Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Being a Christian is not a birthright...It is a relationship with Jesus.You have to repent,and do his will,Jesus is tugging at your heart,this is why it upsets you,you aren't ready to change yet.Only you can make that choice.You need to pray to God,read his word and ask questions,like you are doing,and have faith,The answers are in our bible and Gods word.He is always truth,not mankind. Its very simple,Someone had to create everything,it had to be said,god spoke it and and it happen.Its beyond our knowledge,he is the beginning and the end,Always been and always will be.God will explain it to us,when the time comes.He is spiritual(GOD).WE ARE IN A SPIRITUAL WAR,WITH MAN KINDS SOULS,WITH EVIL AND BAD.You can't stand in the middle of the road,you have to chose which side you want,good or bad(wide road,or narrow road),you see most are on the wide road.They think just because they good,they will go to heaven,God says nope,you have to things to get to be with him.He is perfect,we were to,until the garden of Eden happen.Love your wife,god commands this,don't let this mess you up,because of your belief."Do not be harsh with your wife."(Colossians 3:19) When a wife is sensitive realize that harsh answers, angry looks, irritated tones of voice and impatience will deeply affect your wife. Rejoice that she is a lady and isn't like you - remember that she is a precious gift God has given you.
"The husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife."(I Corinthians 7:3-5),Love your wife as Christ loved the Church."(Ephesians 5:25) Risk your life to help or save your wife. Christ's love for the church is without limits, nothing is held back. He gave His life for the church - before you loved Him. His love does not depend on your love for Him. Under God's authority - love your wife as service--as giving your life to God.She is doing this.The symbol of Christianity is the cross. What is that all about? It is all about the self-sacrifice of Jesus, by which men and women are reconciled to God, and are brought into the experience of redemption and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. They have the forgiveness of sins, receive the gift of eternal life, and are bound for eternity. They are baptized into the community of faith, become members of the church and know that one day they’ll be part of a Glorious Church around the Throne of God, out of every kindred, tongue, tribe and nation, and it's all because of the cross.Christ gave Himself for the church intentionally and purposefully. Paul goes on to say this: “Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the Word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church” (Eph. 5:26-27). The sacrifice of Christ was intentional. It was purposeful; He was doing it for a reason. In the same way, “Husbands, love your wives, intentionally and purposefully.”Men and women, this is your wake-up call from the Lord! The secular culture and the secular norm is producing utter disaster in marriages and families. you all better get your acts together with each other.If not you will be lonely and divorced.Remember what brought you all together,and start back there.Remember through bad times and good times.Yo all know you really love each other.You must listen to each other,and communicate.You did in the beginning,you can still do it.God never stops loving us,He always listens and communicates with us,also give us many chances.Jesus said forgive 70 times,seven to forgive.
Husbands, love your wives. That is your duty. A husband who truly loves his wife will understand that she is a human being with feelings and emotions. She needs more than food to eat and a roof over her head. He will understand that she needs, yea, demands his time, attention and affection. He will feel tender toward her needs and will do all within his power to see that her domestic requirements are attended to. He will not come home and perch on his recliner like a king, demanding that she wait on him, hand and foot. We know this, because Christ is not such an husband to the church, and it is this comparison that the husband needs to live up to.this will help to save your marriage with your wife to.
Love, TOGETHERNESS, and Humility WILL HELP BOTH OF YOU.
Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfil GOD'S joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation,and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.I,just wanted to say,love one another,don't give up on each other,keep your marriage,its worth saving,Don't give up because of the church.

edit on 17-4-2011 by venusstarlite because: I,just wanted to say,love one another,don't give up on each other,keep your marriage,its worth saving,Don't give up because of the church.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

It is stuff like this that makes man belief he is evil from birth and that he has to be saved, has to become free. It makes people believe that they are worthless creatures and have to find an authority figure to tell them how to be better, to be good.
We are born free, born pure. Then we are taught that we are sh1t, and who teaches us. The church, the governments and the police and the people who have been trained by the aforementioned.
We are taught to fear. Love and trust are inborn.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by jiggerj

Your idea of God is too small. Sorry, brother. I'll pray for you.

Oops, sorry. I'll make it bigger: There is no such thing as an ALL-knowing, ALL-powerful, invisible being, who created the WHOLE Universe, and who lives in another dimension called heaven. Who has always existed and will always exist, and is perfect in every way and always will be perfect. Who is all-merciful, even in killing everyone on the planet, except Noah, in a flood; in killing everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah, and who turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for merely turning around. Who will help the faithful find a missing watch, but ignores the cries of millions tortured and starving throughout the world. Who will cast all of the homosexuals into a fiery hell for all of eternity, but will accept a repentent mass murderer into heaven. Who has the power to erase Satan without even blinking an eye, but instead allows the beast to tempt and torture all of the people that this Almighty One claims to love and protect.

It's a fairy tale that's gotten WAY out of hand.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh yes there is.
It does not look like a person though, it is being.
Being is all there is.
Everything that is happening is being.
The happening is being.
What you experience is being.
You are being.

Not a human doing, not a human being but being.
Nothing to do, all being done by being.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Just because you state reality as "being" doesn't mean there's a being behind it. Nor does it an imply a creator. Besides if there is a creator, what plain of existence does the creator exist on? Who created the creator?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

It is the one being the many.
It is what is seeing all this, it is all knowing, all seeing and it is eternal.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

I have never understood these religions or philosophies that try and teach people that they themselves
are god or a god, if you were a god,wheither it be inwardly or outwardly, you would never so much as catch a cold, let alone decay in the ground and rot,because you would have power over these things, as well as the power to cause anything that you need to just appear.but you will die and rot,and you probably work a job
to get what you need, so what gives, god person?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

And you know this, how? you are only a human>>>There is no such thing as an ALL-knowing, ALL-powerful, invisible being, who created the WHOLE Universe, and who lives in another dimension called heaven.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

and how do you know it's eternal? based on what? There may well may be an energy behind all of this, but that doesn't meet thee description on an omnipotent dictator with rules and regulations and afterlives for you to continue with.

It's one claim to say there's a god/creator behind all of this, it's rediculous to claim you know what the being's demands and wishes us are.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

It's one claim to say there's a god/creator behind all of this, it's rediculous to claim you know what the being's demands and wishes us are.

Is it? He plainly tells us via the 10 Commandments.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I know it is eternal and if you check yourself you will also see it is eternal.
When is it ever not now?
Now is eternal.
Time as such does not exist. Time only appears to exist because we imagine it. We imagine tomorrow (or 5 mins from now) and we imagine yesterday (or 2 mins ago).

This being controls (not in a judgemental way-more like it just is) everything and is always here, right now (omnipresent), there is no other time. This being knows everything because it is quite literally everything and nothing.

I know you 'think' you are in control, but free will has not been proven.
If you notice and watch yourself for the next 24 hrs you will see you are not in control.
You have never been in control of anything, everything is being done.
Just because you 'believe' you are doing it does not make it true.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I have never claimed that i know what the beings demands and wishes are and any person doing this is a dictator.
Life is no more than a work of art.
The only part you have to play is view it.
This is the only choice, view and enjoy, or try to control it.
Try to be god by thinking it is your life and suffering will be the result.
Everything is being done, even you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join