It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has MSM changed their song and dance???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Has anybody else noticed how MSM have started
avoiding the ME conflicts altogether?

I opened CNN today and it has all but disappeared.
According to twitter and facebook, people are
still rioting, protesting and dying. Iran is helping
quell dissent in Syria. Saudi Arabia is killing
protestors in Bahrain. And networks like Fox,
Cnn and many other ilks like rawstory, etc ....
have just dried up any news other than
Lady Gaga's horns and Dems and GOP
arguing over a budget. I saw only 1 story
today and it was on Gadaffi bombing his own
people (possible disinfo)

at least with different networks reporting it
from different angles, I could piece
together a half truth from all of them combined.
But now, the silence is deafening.

People are still dying and the MSM is silent.

Does anybody know why this is happening ???
And is there a conspiracy here ???
By whom ???

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Yes - have noticed recently that MSM has turned into nothing but a big fluff machine. It takes hours searching for info there, that I can easily find here in just a few minutes. I think that whoever owns & controls the MSM are afraid to report what's really going on - you see, for them, it's not about providing information so much as it is an issue of controlling information. You don't want the people to be too aware or they might become like the people on ATS, which has something to do with what A. Lincoln said about not being able to fool all the people, all the time.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

ur correct
government fears an educated mass populace.
since we have figured out the lies and the disinfo,
they give us no news at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think they kind of went "Oops, Libya didn't work out like we thought it would" and so the MSM (and NATO/UN) are having to tiptoe around a bit right now while they figure out what to do.

From some of the articles on non-MSM sites, it seems that Russia and China have been making a few rumbles, which could make things a bit more interesting.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This has been going on - I noticed around about the time of the Japan disaster. Perhaps longer, it's just been dripping the tiniest of info. I find even Aljazeera isn't as informative as usual.

I think we are on a Cusp, and they are waiting for it to turn one way or the other so are playing safe.

The silence tells us more than the lies!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The MSM is owned by the elite so you only get to know what they want you to know.

1,000’s shot in the head for a bounty and you heard nothing and I can not say more because of where I am.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I make a frequent mistake
when I get in discussions with people
about what is really going on vs. what is told.

One time, in a moment of anger I said something rash.
It was full of ego and rage, but for some weird reason it worked.

They guy kept trying to push me into a category as an answer to
the info I was sharing. "Oh you're a libertarian." "Oh, you're a conspiracy theorist."
"Oh, you're a conservative." "Oh, you're making that up." I snapped and yelled at him.

"LOOK, YOU KEEP TRYING TO GET ME TO PICK A TEAM, AND YOUR IN THE FOOTBALL
STADIUM WATCHING THE GAME AND YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAME, BUT I'M THE GUY IN THE BLIMP FLOATING OVERHEAD. I CAN SEE BOTH TEAMS ON THE FIELD, EVERYONE IN THE STANDS, ALL THE CARS IN THE PARKING LOT AND THE GUY WHO IS BREAKING INTO YOUR CAR AND ROBBING YOU!"

The weirdest thing happened.
It was an evening Bar-B-Que in a back yard.
Everyone gathered round and started asking me for details.
They were genuinely interested, and actually engaged in conversation.

I went home and thought about it. About loosing my temper, about how uninterested people had been for years up till that moment, and I realized something. And it made me a little sad.

If a message isn't packaged in some recognizable emotion people really truly don't care. I don't blame the Main Stream Media any more. They have to play to the same public I do. A public with the attention span of a gnat, twitchy fingered channel flipping habits, and an emotional interest that rarely lasts for more than a couple of days.

I have decided that I am not a teacher. I just don't get that invested in spreading information anymore. I observe and I study, and do physics experiments on my computer. But other than that the only thing I do in public is maintain a mild level of grouchiness.

David Grouchy
edit on 16-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: grammar

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Man, Boondock,

I'm going to have to stop replying to your posts.
I've become a real thread killer on your topics.
Topics I would actually like to see some
discussion about, and in depth.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yes. I too have noticed changes in the MSM.

One of the changes I noticed is that NBC is showing Obama in a questionable light.

The evening news has been airing Obamas goofs and mistakes the past few days.

Could it be that the powers that be have another presidential candidate in mind?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

hello boondock-saint.
seems they have towed the coalition line. ignore the fire and focus on the embers. with the oil/banking situation addressed in libya (quatar, i believe will refine the crude on behalf of the rebel state. darth whistling during his morning shave, with the odd '5 more to go' sung as he dips the razor.) Gadaffi it seems will be taken out sooner or later and all will be satisfactory for the elites.
btw how is the retinal display going?
f

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It's simple. Our attention span is so ridiculously short that the MSM moves on to newer topics.
What have you heard on the MSM about the Japanese reactors lately. Nothing! The reactors are still belching out radiation and will for the forseable future. Wait until a typhoon hits and watch the winds change and start directing all that fallout over Tokyo.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

sometimes i have the feeling that i'm not anymore leaving in this world... seriously look how people are acting
look how people are changing it's like the worst part of humanity is unleashed until we see the end in a front of our face.

and if it's the end what can really do... nothing, the MSN are just the mirror of what this world is becoming
lost in the fear,so scared to tell what is really going on because the are no cure for what is going to happen very soon, i think people are aware but like the MSN they don't want see it, ignorance is a bliss.

look just in ATS i'm shoked about all the thread spreading hate and fear , i'm shoked to read how people think
i really have the feeling now more then ever that i'm alone...

Now the MSN are minimizing the situation and when all this will blow they will vanish.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well Boondock ...

What is happening with the ME 'revolutions' is a bit too close to home for the US Govt,
so they would have told MSM to be quiet and go back to celebrity gossip.

What would have if Mrs & Mrs Obese, sitting on their couch suddenly realised that those arab protesters on TV are fighting for the exact same things that they want?
Democracy
Fair Pay
Jobs
Justice
Freedom
and an end to Over Bearing Governments

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I kinda got the feeling in my stomach that something was a miss when I watched Beck and O'Reily last night have a candid semi debate over Trump emerging as the best possible candidate so far. As a few people pointed out earlier I think that some plans were made out and executed but did not go as they hoped. Now they are reassessing their situation and trying to lay out a plan.

However grandma always told me that its always the quietest right before the storm. So.........

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
Man, Boondock,

I'm going to have to stop replying to your posts.
I've become a real thread killer on your topics.
Topics I would actually like to see some
discussion about, and in depth.

David Grouchy

lol
grouchy
ur always welcome on my threads

I've been reading ur posts for quite
some time now and appreciate your
contributions

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
btw how is the retinal display going?

huh ???
what retinal display ???
I seem to be lost again.
pardon

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Well Boondock ...

What is happening with the ME 'revolutions' is a bit too close to home for the US Govt,
so they would have told MSM to be quiet and go back to celebrity gossip.

What would have if Mrs & Mrs Obese, sitting on their couch suddenly realised that those arab protesters on TV are fighting for the exact same things that they want?
Democracy
Fair Pay
Jobs
Justice
Freedom
and an end to Over Bearing Governments

a great post bro.

yes the world seems to want the same thing.
the end of TPTB in ALL nations. I have a feeling
if TPTB rein was ended, there would be no more
war and no more terrorism. But I sure as heck
don't want a Rothschild, Rockefeller or a Soros
anywhere near the control switch.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
I kinda got the feeling in my stomach that something was a miss when I watched Beck and O'Reily last night have a candid semi debate over Trump emerging as the best possible candidate so far. As a few people pointed out earlier I think that some plans were made out and executed but did not go as they hoped. Now they are reassessing their situation and trying to lay out a plan.

However grandma always told me that its always the quietest right before the storm. So.........

OMG, Beck and O'Reilly endorsed Trump ???
they have been bought off, no doubt in
my mind. I wonder how much of the Trump
fortune went to Murdoch for that show?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
It's simple. Our attention span is so ridiculously short that the MSM moves on to newer topics.
What have you heard on the MSM about the Japanese reactors lately. Nothing! The reactors are still belching out radiation and will for the forseable future. Wait until a typhoon hits and watch the winds change and start directing all that fallout over Tokyo.

This is exactly the reason. Until there is something new to report that they feel can hold the attention of viewers for 30 sec they aren't going to report on it. It's a business before a news agency.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

many apologies boondock
i seem to have mistaken you
for a poster who started a
thread regarding seeing a
display of some sorts in
their field of vision.
regards fakedirt

new topics

top topics