It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bringing kids in to this world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Maybe your kid is the one who will push things forward, who knows?!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarylHamblett

I attended parochial school where bullying was not a problem. There were job opportunities afterwards and families lived close by, except I was the first in my family to leave home to find work.

My children attended public school and bullying was a problem, and in retrospect I wish I had had the confidence to home school them, just to save them the pain they endured. One of my children could not find worthwhile work and it has been painful to witness the ensuing loss of confidence and self-worth, despite our best efforts.

As for grandchildren born in today's world of unkindness, of threatening futures replete with FEMA camps, dismal prospects for a peaceful life of one's choosing where everything is pointing us to global slavery national, governmentaln and social dissolution. facing food shortages, famines or contamination from nuclear disasters, wars, etc. A world with loss of freedom is the worst and were I at the point of deciding on whether to have children now, I would definitely postpone it until the future looked different for citizens and the family.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I’m honestly shocked at all the negative responses here. What a pessimistic and paranoid lot we have on this site!

Do you think it is a selfish idea? and why?

The idea in and of itself is certainly not selfish, but it all depends on your intention. If you’re doing it because you want to give another being a chance to experience this wonderful and exciting world, then it’s hardly a selfish act. It all depends on how you raise them, really. If you teach them to love and respect others, to see the good in everything, and not to be afraid of really living, then you shouldn’t worry about bringing them up in these tumultuous times.

It’s all about perspective. It’s like Hamlet said, “Why then, ‘tis none to you, for nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. To me it is a prison.”

So to everyone here who is saying that it’s not worth it to put a child through this hellish prison, then of course, if that is how you see it, then that is what it will be. If, on the other hand, you see it as some grand adventure to be experienced, then perhaps it may be a bit more enjoyable.

Do you think it is a wise idea (economically etc)? and why?

If you can afford it, then sure. If you’re going to be struggling to put healthy food on the table every night, then don’t.

Do you think it is your duty as a human being to carry on preserve your DNA in future generations? and why?

Perhaps if I was possessed of unparalleled beauty, remarkable intelligence, exceptional health, and other desirable traits, then yes, but since my genes are really nothing special, I feel no duty to preserve them. I do, however, think I have a duty as a human being to bring to life another human being who will help to make the world a better place.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I just had my second child... Yeah bringing kids into the world is a good idea... It's the primary mission of our genes...

That's all I need to make it a "good idea"

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarylHamblett
Maybe your kid is the one who will push things forward, who knows?!

Very well put.
Star

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have a wonderful daughter who is 3 years old. I want another child hopefully sooner rather then later. I dont think it matters much about media etc. You're a parent do some parenting. Your child should grow up happy and in my opinion all children should be exposed to the good and the bads in life.

I for one do not let my daughter play video games. She can watch all the TV she wants if she wanted to. She likes to do puzzles and read and play with her toys. When I watch TV I dont change the channel because my daughter is in the room and it might have bad words. When I swear on accident infront of her I look at her and say Im sorry I used a bad word I shouldnt say that.

If you met my daughter in reality she is very very smart probably to smart for my own good. She will be much smarter then I am I can already tell and thats not me bragging up my child.

So yes anytime is a good time if you are ready. Life gets better with a child. You will appreciate life a lot more as well once you have one I believe.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

You sire are a failure at life with your comments on failed relationships. Sometimes it just doesnt work out with the mom and dad. Get over your "perfect" life and grow a pair. I as a father do amazing things for my daughter even though her mom who is also amazing and I are not together anymore. I will out parent you any day of the week this I promise you as will my daughters mom. Dont judge or say stuff you have not a clue about maybe?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
It is very sad, indeed, to bring a child into this day and age.

I look at my little girl sometimes, and it hurts; so young and innocent, yet she will have to grow up in such a disgusting and corrupt world.

You must live some place really sad and crappy. I look at my little girl and think I cant wait for the next day to do something more with her.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

There is no greater gift to the world than the birth of a LIFE. Without LIFE, mankind dies. It's as simple as that.

I could'nt expect some of you, whom are childless, to even understand what the gift of having your own child brings.

Children are so precious; a world without them is no place to be.

edit on 19-4-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

and now after reading this thread I am happy someone has the same mine set I do. Stars for you good post my friend.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

i have a 3 and 2 year old... i do not agree with everything that my children are exposed too... but t is my job to get them through the bs... as for having children....i wouldn't change it for the world... it brought a whole other level to the human experience... I do not think wanting to have children is selfish... because life is the greatest gift... children have given me a purpose and that is to guide them through the coming changes as they grow up... i will do everything i can to pass on my knowledge to them... these are exciting times

edit on 19-4-2011 by 11azerus11 because: added

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

Thanks for assuming

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join