It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SA man beaten to death by police.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Service delivery protests began around Ficksburg, and were highlighted by the death of a man at the hands of the South African Police.
In scenes virtually non-different from anti-apartheid riots the man is beaten and later collapses.
www.iol.co.za...
The gentleman was not in the riot itself, but was harassed by police when he tried to help an old man out of the jet of a water cannon.
Footage:

edit on 16-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
So strange, when it was reported that a British man died in custody in a Muslim country this week, the thread received much attention.
Yet, I think the world has given up on SA.
Maybe apartheid was interesting because it seemed white-on-black violence.
Now, when black cops do the same for the same interests behind the scenes, nobody cares.

The double-standards and hypocrisy in the world today are astounding.
It's like the Western masses don't care unless they are spoon-fed a problem by the MSM.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This stuff happens all the time.
Happened in my small town.
I had a friend who was in with this kid and was in the cell with him when they took him away and beat him to death.
www.wave3.com...

This guy was beaten by the guards.. then when the paramedics got there.. guess what? The paramedics beat him too! In the ambulance!
edit on 16-4-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Appalling footage.
Its seems that more and more cowards are hiding behind badges nowadays.
It doesn't matter what colour the victims are or what colour the perpetrators of the the crime are, its still wrong and nothing can justify the policemen's actions.

Truly a sad thing to see.
My thoughts are with his loved ones.
RIP

edit on 16-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thanks for those responses.
I'm sure it does happen everywhere, and probably a lot more in SA too than we know.
Luckily this time it was filmed.
I'm also really shocked that former stalwarts of "human rights" like Desmond Tutu and others are so silent.
Even in SA the educated voices seem more obsessed with the Palestinian issue, rather than the burning issues here, which threaten a full scale revolution in the future.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Violence like that does happen everywhere , but it doesn't make it any less shocking to watch.
I hope for your sake that these problems that your having in SA can be resolved without further violence.
Also i hope the dead mans family gets justice.

Thanks again.
Peace

new topics

top topics

join