It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles, anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I was just at the RSOE website checking up on earthquake activity, and noticed that several red biological hazard symbols were in areas in North America. As I started checking them out, a large number of them were measles outbreaks. I also went ahead and checked the other ones, and there are some outbreaks in in England, Australia, and New Zealand, too. I have no idea how "normal" this is, but the fact that seem to be near-simultaneous is a bit concerning. Links are below for the medically-minded to pursue.

hisz.rsoe.hu...
hisz.rsoe.hu...
hisz.rsoe.hu...
hisz.rsoe.hu...
hisz.rsoe.hu...
hisz.rsoe.hu...
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I have a feeling some diseases are evolving past our vaccines. I had mumps a couple years ago after my bout with swine flu. And believe me, I definitely got those MMR shots.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Uh oh... I have no immunity to Rubella - I've had measles 4 times, the last time at age 15. Had the vaccine twice, just doesn't "take".

If you are pregnant, or have a family member that is pregnant, it is VERY important they avoid exposure to anyone with measles!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Until I see any reports to the contrary, I'm not really concerned about this. There have been huge increases in the incidence of many vaccine-preventable diseases in developed nations where such cases were previously exceedingly rare. The vast majority of this occur in un-vaccinated individuals and populations, including:

1. Large immigrant communities from developing nations where such vaccines are not routinely given.

2. In children born in recent years whose parents decided NOT to vaccinate them. This has become a disturbingly popular trend due to horrible, disproven, and fabricated 'scientific' studies what had linked vaccines to autism and other such myths.

I find the second cause to be especially disturbing because it is so recent and because forums like this one are such hot spots for these kooks who want to risk debilitating illness in their children because they believe nonsense reports and 'experts'. This, in my opinion, is one of the worst forms of child abuse.

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I have a feeling some diseases are evolving past our vaccines. I had mumps a couple years ago after my bout with swine flu. And believe me, I definitely got those MMR shots.

If I had to put my money on it, this isn't measles evolving past the vaccine, but some combination of the fact that vaccines don't 'take' equally well in all individuals and some (temporary) immune suppression that you may well have experienced as a result the swine flu infection.

While I'm sorry to hear about your case, I don't see it as raising any alarms either.
edit on 16-4-2011 by AndyMack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Not "my case" at all.

Like I stated in my OP, I just thought it was odd to see so many symbols about it on the RSOE site and decided to put them up for info in case someone wanted to look into it (I'm not a medical person at all).

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

Victoria's Health Department has issued a measles alert after four people were infected on a flight from Malaysia to Melbourne.

The department believes more people may have been infected and is trying to track down all passengers from the Air Asia flight on April 1.
edit on 16/4/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

top topics

join