It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather at night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I do not know why this happens. I am open to any theory. Here below is what's happening.

At night time in my city the wind gets so much rougher than in the day.

sometimes the wind isnt rough at all during the day,then at night its very rough.

If the wind is rough during the day,its rougher that night.

A few years ago a windstorm destroyed alot of stuff...this happend during the night.

So,does anyone else notice this about their hometown? Any theorys or scientific explanations?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Where are you located? This could be because of the jet stream, storm patterns, terrain, pretty much anything. More info will help us decipher what's going on.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If your by the sea it's to do with the jet stream.
here is a good explanation.

Basically because the land cools faster then the sea and creates a pressure difference

The rising air accumulates aloft forming an area of higher pressure. Relative to the land at the same elevation, air flows back toward land from high pressure to low pressure . Once back over land, the air cools, increases in density and then sinks causing an increase in density and high pressure . Gravity pulls the dense air offshore again completing the circulation.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eueseh
If the wind is rough during the day,its rougher that night.

A few years ago a windstorm destroyed alot of stuff...this happend during the night.

So,does anyone else notice this about their hometown? Any theorys or scientific explanations?

I don't know why, but I think everywhere I've lived has also been windier at night. Thankfully, I've never been in an area that's been windy enough to do very much damage. I notice the night being windier, because one of my dogs is terrified of wind, so she paces.

I don't have any theories, maybe because the night is cooler than the day

***** I must be a slow typer ^answered above

edit on 15-4-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Where I am, in Oklahoma it is the opposite. It was very windy yesterday and now at night there is no wind.. this is not a one day thing, it seems to happen most days it is windy.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Thanks alot. I live next to a very large lake that is connected to the ocean.

So i guess it's due to the land cooling faster than the water,creating pressure.

top topics

join