It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Man Fell in a Hole....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
have you ever been in a situation where, no matter what you've tried..you couldn't find a means to get out of ..?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
what the hell kind of propaganda is this?

id dig sideways and stack dirt underneath myself.

edit: i guess i'd get myself out of the hole instead of relying on something or someone else
edit on 15-4-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I farted while caving once.....couldn't get out of that hole fast enough

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm going to skip the bible-thumper video, okay?

No attempts at conversion/proseletizing here on ATS. If you have a personal experience to share with others, that's one thing. But to run a propaganda ad is not acceptable. Take it somewhere else.
edit on 15-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

steven704 that's a question that could unearth some interesting answers. Sorry I don't have any stories come to mind, but I'm wondering: Did you pose this question for conversational purpose, or might you be writing a story?
Some posts on ATS make me wonder that question.

When I see a news article where a everyday person winds up in hot water or doing something stupid I wonder how they got to that point in life. Some things you read makes you go "hmmm"!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

yes, this is a personal experience i've had before and am sharing my experience with others.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Have you ever been in a situation where you couldn't get out?
Where you didn't even try to get out?
Where you never looked for a way to get out?
Where you never even thought to get out because you thought you had already gotten out?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My understanding is that you are trapped by the thought that only someone of your faith will save you from your hole. Rest assured that if the hole that you were trapped within was something that I encountered upon my travels, your return to yourself and to those that love you would become a priority of mine.

Within that circumstance, I do not care to know who you feel is your savior; I'd be rewarded by knowing that we circumvented a catastrophe together.

Would you not feel a bond of life between us? I would. Hopefully, in this unlikely scenario, you would argue my place in heaven, even if I had no idea that it exists.

These are just my basic thoughts on this particular scenario. I'm very selfish and love those around me for the sake of me.

Good luck to you. Just realize that when you rise within the ranks of the gatekeepers of heaven, this: not all who do not follow have less Karma than those who bask.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

So you're the person in the video?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So I'm taking it as all the religious nuts told the man to pray and believe in absurd things as he slowly dies. Then a man comes along who doesn't tell him complete bull and gets him out with a rope tied to a cross in the ground. If this was a video for Christians they made the wrong analogy.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

So I just got a U2U that you made me your rival.

I'm your rival now? Really?

I'm honored. I've never posted anything important enough to be someone's rival before.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
there is a word for this situation. "derision"

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eueseh

I will gladly stand firm and say the video represents the Truth.

This truth is exactly what Japan needs right now, among others in this tragic time.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

seeing as those are my people, ill take this topic

what makes you think you know what is in the best interests of the japanese?

where was this truth before or at the time of the disaster?

this is common of religion, prey on the weak and vulnerable. just back off kay
edit on 15-4-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven704

Originally posted by eueseh

I will gladly stand firm and say the video represents the Truth.

This truth is exactly what Japan needs right now, among others in this tragic time.

Actually, the Japanese DO need the truth. They need the truth from their government and from TEPCO about the dangerous, radioactive environment they're in, and they haven't been getting it.

There are some people here at ATS working on that right now, because it's actually important. This thread is not.

Buh-bye!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

well, obviously im not preying on the weak. but rather ' praying ' for the weak.

i understand people will be offended. not my intention.

i have seen the message about ' praying to the water ' which isn't what these people need right now.

you say these are ' your ' people.. but they are ' my ' people as well. they are people i love and care about. same as i do of every person breathing on this planet.
this is not about race. this is about life.
edit on 16-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Don't get TOO excited....I must have somehow done that . Let me see if I can change that back. I accidentally did that once before. Let me know will you please?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

i dont buy that you really cared about japan before the disaster.

your post made it sound like you only care that they accept jesus, then you make an arrogant point that your faith is the truth and that's exactly what the japanese need.

yea im a little uncomfortable with your post.

whatever, you meant good. im not even mad
edit on 16-4-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

i dont buy that you really cared about japan before the disaster.

your post made it sound like you only care that they accept jesus, then you make an arrogant point that your faith is the truth and that's exactly what the japanese need.

yea im a little uncomfortable with your post.
edit on 16-4-2011 by vjr1113 because: sp

didn't care about Japan until after the earthquake?

why would you think the worst possible scenario than the best case scenario?
how could i possibly convince you? not very fair.

i simply posted a topic. conclusions are your own. but why doubt my heart? this isn't a selfish motive here.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Don't get TOO excited....I must have somehow done that . Let me see if I can change that back. I accidentally did that once before. Let me know will you please?

Well, I looked at my profile again, and I don't see you (or anyone) listed as my rival now, so I guess whatever you did fixed it.

Sorry if I got TOO excited. It just seemed odd and kind of comical at the time, considering neither of us had responded to each other at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join