It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copycat or Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There are some striking similarities in the methods and photos of both the Virginia Tech shooter Seung-Hui Cho and the Brazilian school shooter Wellington Oliveira.

1) They both made a video vendettas
2) Both had religion mixed into their ramblings
3) Both "loners"
4) Pictures/poses look almost identical

He cites Virginia Tech gunman Seung-Hui Cho as "a brother" along with a Brazilian teenager who in 2003 shot and wounded six students in the school where he'd studied, then killed himself.

Oliveira thanks the two for their "bravery," and for leading the way, using language similar to that used by Cho in videos he'd made before dying, which are widely available on the Internet.

Like Cho, Oliveira refers repeatedly to others who were bullied as brothers. Like Cho, he says he was once weak and now is strong and will seek revenge for himself and others who like him were persecuted; also, Oliveira and Cho both blame school officials and bullies for the attacks they are about to commit.

"I hope this serves as a lesson, especially to those school officials who stood by with their arms crossed as students were being attacked, humiliated, ridiculed," Oliveira says in one video.
He says: "I want to leave very clear that I am not responsible for the deaths that will occur, even though my fingers will be on the trigger... Each time you see someone making fun of someone else for their physical appearance, the clothing or any reason... remember that type of person is responsible for all these deaths, including my own."

www.boston.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/476090d20b46.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a078c3c3dca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a59543e1d5a6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/383a5303ca04.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/945c013516ee.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/260a5b903756.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 15-4-2011 by donatellanator because:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If he is just a copycat why shoot up a school he's be away from for so long? Cho attacked somewhere he was currently going to school, while Oliveira chose his middle school (even though he was 23) after staking it out for over a year. It doesn't make sense to me how Oliveira would even know about Cho (I know the internet is a resource, but still seems fishy). I'd appreciate some feedback.
edit on 15-4-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I don't see how it's a stretch that he knew about Cho.
It was a big story. It had a high body count.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
I don't see how it's a stretch that he knew about Cho.
It was a big story. It had a high body count.

It was 8 years ago, why would he wait so long to exact his revenge? I'm not arguing your thoughts, I agree, but I don't understand the timeline.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A lot of school shooters have shown favor towards other school shooters. Columbines shooters have been praised by others like Jeff Weise and Cho himself. Most of them find influence and similarties of what they want to accomplish in their day of killing people.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Its called mk ultra . But we all know that doesnt exist,,,,,right?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

I agree the timeline is very strange.
It seems to me that perhaps it just took this long to build up in him.
Perhaps there were recent stressors, too.
That's why psychology is so difficult; no two cases are alike.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
A lot of school shooters have shown favor towards other school shooters. Columbines shooters have been praised by others like Jeff Weise and Cho himself. Most of them find influence and similarties of what they want to accomplish in their day of killing people.

This is very true. Have there been any where the student no longer attended the school? I'm assuming he last went to that school over 10 years ago... Why hold a grudge that long and wait?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
All human beings are similar. Even the nutty ones.

It's like saying I found an old lady in China, in Italy and Russia and they all yelled real loud... Conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Its called mk ultra . But we all know that doesnt exist,,,,,right?

This is why I can't be so sure. I know a program like MKU has existed and still does in some form. Guns have been around for a long time, why in the last 25-30 years has school violence escalated to mass murder? Why not much earlier?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

Some people are just crazy! If I studied human psychology for a few years I will be shock to learn what I can. I bet! See past cases of many different stories of people.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
All human beings are similar. Even the nutty ones.

It's like saying I found an old lady in China, in Italy and Russia and they all yelled real loud... Conspiracy?

I understand your point. Rio is a very violent city and connected to the rest of the world. I can see how he'd have him as a "mentor".

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
op, appreciate your post. but methinks the style in which the rio shooter chooses to murder is copycat. when people do horrible things, they want to feel that others are just like them. almost a disclaimer before the act. no one ever takes full responsibility, because that would mean they are just evil. shooters tend to take an easy way out by saying they are the victims and other events could have prevented their shooting spree. by portraying themselves as the victim or almost a crusader against other evil, they rationalize and excuse their atrocities. wow, doesn't that sound just like every other terrorist on the planet.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Yup. MkUltra. I'd bet money on it. Man I've got to finish my research project. Here is my hypothesis:

Hypothesis: My hypothesis is that many of what we call terrorist events, mass murders, school shootings, and the events of January 8th in Tucson, we just write off to unconnected events of mentally unstable individuals. What if those incidents were connected and in them could be found evidence of Satanic occult ritual? Numbers are very important in esoteric ritual in general, but especially to the Satanic rituals of the Illuminati/PTB/Global Elite. David Icke has talked about ritual as has Chris Everard, and anyone who has done research into the Bohemian Grove or other occultic topics. Though not included in this list, serial killers also fit the profile and have many similarities in the numbers and ritual. After well into this study I found this video series with coincides exactly with the reasoning in this study based on work done by David McGowan

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As it is ritualistic, I expect to find a high frequency of important ritual numbers like 3, 6, 7, 9. 10, 13, and double numbers like 11 and 33. Frequency of numbers can be a significant indicator as seen by the recent work of Mohan Srivastava who broke the lottery system looking at number frequency

edit on 15-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: added quote

new topics

top topics

join