It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't we just say it by now? This war is illegal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a803a8c2ba0.jpg[/atsimg]

This comment was sent in reply to someone calling the kid stupid:

Well if it makes you happy you don't have to worry about this "stupid boy".. He died three days after this picture. An Israeli sniper shot him in the head when he was throwing stones on another tank. And he had a name, not "Stupid boy". His name was Faris Odeh 13 years old.

Now if that story is true or not...I'm not really sure.

How can we continue to let things like this happen?

Mods: Move this to where its needed. I'm not sure if this is the war on terror or something else. :s

Super Edit: This story is from 2000. My point still remains though.
edit on 4/15/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

One of the bravest things ive seen in my life,,along with the Tibetan Monks.If everyone was "this stupid",,,what could we accomplish???

Also it appears to be true,,,,wiki,,,,

Faris Odeh (Arabic: فارس عودة‎, December 1985–November 9, 2000) was a Palestinian boy shot dead by the Israel Defense Forces near the Karni crossing in the Gaza Strip while throwing stones in the second month of the Al-Aqsa Intifada.

edit on 15-4-2011 by consigliere because: oops

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

One of the bravest things ive seen in my life,,along with the Tibetan Monks.If everyone was "this stupid",,,what could we accomplish???

When I originally posted this I meant for it to make a point about the War on Terror. Now I feel it's more of something general about the modern world. Things like this get under my skin (Ex, my other threads) really bad.

I'm not sure why. It's just something about the injustice of it. I like to think that this generation will fix the world. Me...you and everyone else who is "awake".

We known the truth. We have strong morals. We will lead the way.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

When I originally posted this I meant for it to make a point about the War on Terror. Now I feel it's more of something general about the modern world. Things like this get under my skin (Ex, my other threads) really bad.

I'm not sure why. It's just something about the injustice of it. I like to think that this generation will fix the world. Me...you and everyone else who is "awake".

Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to die to get there.

As for the War on Terror,,,its disgusting.As for us changing the world,,its like salmon swimming upstream.I think the only way to change it all is to'each on teach one" and pray the next gen gets it done.So in the words of the great Dori,,,"Just keep swimming"

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

By this I don't mean the world will be perfect. I mean that we can and already have started something that will make the world a better place. The world can never be perfect. But we can try to make it better.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to die to get there.

As for the War on Terror,,,its disgusting.As for us changing the world,,its like salmon swimming upstream.I think the only way to change it all is to'each on teach one" and pray the next gen gets it done.So in the words of the great Dori,,,"Just keep swimming"

I like that quote "Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to die to get there."

Did you make that one or are you quoting someone?

But anyways if we keep thinking the next generation will do it then it'll never get done. I think true change has already started. We just need to fuel it. Not with violence but with "love".

Quotes on love because I'm not sure exactly what I mean. Just non-violence all the way.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I agree.Thank ______(insert deity of choice) we have sites like this,where we can discuss some of the more relevant topics the MSM wont touch.Sad about that kid though

And for what tis worth things are changing. as evidenced by the AboveTopSecret.com - Triple-Digit Growth Over The Past Two Years

*nah i didnt make that up,,,just heard it in passing,,but its ohhh soo true(u can have it

edit on 15-4-2011 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Also this obviously isnt the war on terror but I think my point is universally the same. Stop the wars and try for peace.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Indeed. S&F.this is a good topic,that wont last long

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

*nah i didnt make that up,,,just heard it in passing,,but its ohhh soo true(u can have it

Just googled it. It's Peter Tosh.

So if I use it I'll quote him. But back to the discussion.

I am very anti-war. I think most people are these days.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Peter Tosh huh? Gotta love this site. But i still agree.Make love not war.as a kid i would fight all the time,,,for no reason at times other than i was an angry youth taking out my frustration on the world. but as i got older ive realized that "i control me" thats also when i realized that no conflict has to resort to violence,,at least from intelligent beings (that being said,,we may not be very intelligent at all)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

See I've never been confrontational really. But I think the fact of the matter is yes...we control ourselves. Nobody else.

We make our own decisions. Nobody else.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Did he really die? Or is that just your story? we will never know.

I sure as hell know my peble will beat a tank any day. What kind of parenting is going on?

I will tell you what kind of parenting! good parenting,they didnt strap a bomb to him and make him bait for NATO troops.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eueseh

Well I heard the story from a comment and then I was told that wikipedia also has it. So I guess it's true. Even if Wikipedia isn't the best source.

I really hope that we can stand up to oppression and fix a tiny bit of this world.

new topics

top topics

join