It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday Night Movie Help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by TechVampyre

Eternal is a great film. Actually I love all of Charlie Kaufman's movies.
Adaptation
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Being John Malkovich
Synecdoche, New York

great writer!

Confessions and Malkovich are both very good movies. I"ve seen both several times though I have to admit, my wife didn'd like them either.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownPhilosopher
Hey everyone, we need a little help deciding on what to watch here. The wife and I are staying in tonight and are looking for a thought provoking film. Any ideas?

I was gonna recommend "The Fountain" but it looks like you already seen it...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

All great films!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Some of my favorites:

SLC Punk
Donnie Darko
Dogma
Gladiator
Fight Club
Angus
Serendipity
Watchmen
Kick @$$

to list just a few of my favorites. I love 80s comedies, anything by Mel Brooks and of course the classics: Indiana Jones trilogy, Star Wars, Back To the Future..etc.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Good films that I've seen lately:

Due Date > light and funny and Downey Jr is always fairly stellar; Zach Galifianakis is a keeper.
Animal Kingdom > this is an Australian film about a family in the drug business. Incredibly brilliant. I don't know where you're located so this may or may not be an option..
The Town > written and directed by Ben Affleck, he always does a fantastic job. I love his character in this one.
Devil > a thoroughly enjoyable thriller, you're honestly kept guessing until the very end. Very interesting screenplay.
The Social Network > I know that Facebook isn't popular on ATS and I have almost completely disowned it myself, but there is a reason why it was nominated for so many Academy Awards.. Jesse Eisenberg is genuinely brilliant as Mark Zuckerberg.
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World > the coolest film ever made. I love Edgar Wright, he almost hit the right mark with Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead but Scott Pilgrim has the perfect blend of everything; the soundtrack has my name written all over it.

Enjoy your Friday night

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Buffalo66
Pi movie
They Live
Being There
woyzeck
The Trollhunter
Down by Law

all great movies in my eyes

worth the watch

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

edit on 19-4-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join