It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught On 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film? dissapears..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
She doesn't vanish, and she's holding a hearing aid:

beckerexhibits.wustl.edu...

And why is the person talking?

I have to agree with Perfectenemy, why would a person holding a hearing aid be talking? There is nobody walking beside her or near her. Unless shy was senile and she was talking to herself. The hearing aid you've addressed doesn't seem like it would be easily held in place while walking, but I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I agree, she is definitely holding something in her hand. Anyone saying otherwise hasn't analyzed the close up. I had to run and stop the video a number of times to catch it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
How about this.......It's some sort of make-up case maybe a Mirror compact. Maybe she knew she was going to be filmed? Chaplin yells "Action!" Before she finishes putting it away, or before her make-up is finished she sheilds her face shy as she is and holds it to cover herself. Why she talking? Alot of older people talk to themselves while their thinking. Not because she's crazy. C-mon you never done it and caught yourself.
Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
It's not a "she" it's a "he" dressed up as a woman. He's holding his hand against his face to hide the fact that it is a man dressed as a woman. Further, he isn't holding anything in his hand.

Anyone that examines the footage with software that can slow down the video frame-by-frame will see that his hand changes position revealing nothing to be in his hand as he starts messing with his hat/hair right at the end.

There's no hearing aid, no cell phone, no time traveler. Just a man dressed as a woman using his hand to hide his face. People should do some real and simple examinations of this stuff before taking others' conclusions at face value.

I beg to differ and in some ways resent the arrogance with which you put others down for suggesting otherwise. The film was brought to the attention of the public by no less than a director with years of experience - you think he wouldn't have realised what you are suggesting? Or are movie editors generally stupid and have no idea of what they are seeing on film?

I'm fairly certain that it is indeed a hearing aid and the person 'spoke' into it to simply adjust the volume. Now I don't know which media software you use but I am happy (though it will take me until tomorrow to do it as I am really pressed today) but I will provide you with frames which display the object.

Maybe you'll then see what everyone else has.

Oz

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I believe time travel will happen someday too, but not in my life time. Because I would already have visited myself just to let myself know its possible, but wouldn't tell myself anything about what would happen, just a note that said in this year see this person to come back and tell yourself exactly what i just told you.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
As this thread does not present anything new, just a restart of the previous thread, it is being closed. Please continue the discussion here

top topics

<< 1   >>

join