It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qaddafi Forces Reportedly Fire Cluster Bombs Into Civilian Areas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is just an excuse to send troops in(obviously)to make this a full on invasion which is what they've been hoping for since day one.

It reminds me of when they said Gaddafi was killing his people with airstikes.......which he was not.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Attacks continue on Misrata as the rebels await their shipment of "heavy weapons" from a source that remains secret. If Qaddafi can manage to take control of Misrata it will cut off the rebels only supply route and likely be the fate of the rebels success if further outside military action isn't taken. Could the rebels be waiting on shipment that is never intended to come? Perhaps maybe TPTB need the rebels to fail to justify further action.

Updates:

Fighting continued in Libya, where the rebels expect to receive heavy weapons from outside the country. "God willing, heavy weapons will be received soon and we will take you to see them," a spokesman for the rebels' National Transitional Council, Abdul Hafiz Ghoga, said yesterday, declining to name any source of supply.

www.sfgate.com.../g/a/2011/04/16/bloomberg1376-LJRHKI0YHQ0X01-5TDH2588729GNF2VOBB27VJJ8S.DTL

AJDABIYA, Libya -- Muammar Qaddafi's forces poured rocket fire after dawn Saturday into Misrata, the only western city still in rebel hands, and weary residents who have endured more than a month of fighting angrily lashed out at NATO for failing to halt the deadly assault.

www.foxnews.com...

More than 200 attacks have been launched in the past 48 hours, killing 40 people and injuring 105 others.

Even by the standards of Misrata, the bombardment at the end of the week was particularly brutal. Missiles landed in residential areas, on a school, and in a street on which a queue outside a bakery had formed. Some people waiting for bread escaped the initial onslaught and fled to a garage that promised protection. But the next round hit the entrance, starting a fire from which they could not escape. Among those to die was a mother aged 33 and her two daughters, both under 10.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfwicked
Attacks continue on Misrata as the rebels await their shipment of "heavy weapons" from a source that remains secret. If Qaddafi can manage to take control of Misrata it will cut off the rebels only supply route .

Misrata is the only rebel held city in the West, but Benghazi is a bigger city with a much larger port. Losing Misrata would be a blow, but wouldn't cut the rebels off.

I do find it highly ironic though that some people are very distrustful of the "western media" and it's claims about Libya (despite identical claims being carried on other media around the world), but are willing to believe Gaddafi and his cronies verbatim, without even a shred of the same cynicism they show for the "Western" media. Not very open minded, balanced or even logical. The claims of"faked" shots of a small crowd of Rebels could equally be applied to the shots of Gaddafi and his supporters. Never more than a couple of thousand, even when in Tripoli, a city of over 2 Million...

Honestly, the intellectual integrity of this site has slipped to that of a womble on crack over the past few years.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Say what you will. Its not just because it is the "western media." And I dont care if pigs flew through the sky holding signs saying "he bombed his own people."

Its the videos themselves that were on the media that make me not believe them. They are staged. Not to mention that, but there are lots of other little things that when I add them all up tell me that this whole thing is a farce, an excuse for us to take out yet another nations leadership and replace them with a "democratically elected" one that serves globalist ends.

Did he act to quell a rebellion? Yes. Is that the right of a legitimate, (popularly supported leader) of any sovereign nation? Yes. But we only had to fabricate stories about his atrocities because they couldnt even pay enough Libyans to make a respectable throng of rebels to make it look like a true uprising,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join