It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qaddafi Forces Reportedly Fire Cluster Bombs Into Civilian Areas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Qaddafi Forces Reportedly Fire Cluster Bombs Into Civilian Areas

www.foxnews.com

Forces loyal to Muammar Qaddafi have reportedly been firing into residential neighborhoods with cluster bombs, which have been banned by much of the world.

Rebels in Misrata alleged that Qaddafi's forces have been using cluster bombs, which pose particular risk to civilians because they scatter small bomblets over a wide area. New York-based Human Rights Watch reported Friday that such munitions were used, saying its researchers inspected remnants and interviewed witnesses. The New York Times
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Reports now saying Qaddafi is using cluster bombs on civilian targets. Just as Qaddafi's daughter says Libaya wasn't defeated by airstrikes 25 years ago and will not be defeated by them now. I think at this point Qaddafi is gambling whether or not allied forces will be willing to put boots on the ground or not. If I was Qaddafi, knowing I'm destined to be ousted regardless, I'd make every effort to go out with bang by forcing allied forces into a ground war that wouldn't be well supported internationally.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
As to the going out with a bang thought, I, too, have thought that all along. If he's as crazy as is claimed, and as radical, why WOULDN'T he?

Answer me this... doesn't Lybia have "the bomb"?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Oh, lets see whos done that before.. Hmm, yep Israel has dropped clusters and willy pete onto civilian areas and I am sure another Country has as well...
Yea, thats right, the United States Military

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

I knew it.

When Gaddafi agreed to the ceasefire, I knew our "team" would refuse, and I predicted he would be accused of some new atrocity to justify our continuing to attack Libya. I even remember some nasty comments about "was I a fortune teller now?"

No. Im not. Im just someone who, looking at the facts in evidence, knows we attacked Libya for no good reason, and based on that, was able to predict that nothing he would do would get us to stop. And, since it worked so well the first time to claim he was "Attacking his own people" I knew they would use that same tactic again. Dont fix what aint broken, right?

Just look at the angry mob of Libyan people chasing his car to drag him out and lynch him. Oh wait...........they are cheering him? Funny, we cant get pics of mobs wanting him gone, but we can get lots of pictures of mobs of his own people supporting him.

cnettv.cnet.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's time for the Arab League to put up or shut up, they wanted the no-fly zone to protect rebels and civilians from Gaddafi's airstrikes and got it. If Gaddafi needs to be removed by force then let them put up a coalition force and go in and remove one of their own.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
It's time for the Arab League to put up or shut up, they wanted the no-fly zone to protect rebels and civilians from Gaddafi's airstrikes and got it. If Gaddafi needs to be removed by force then let them put up a coalition force and go in and remove one of their own.

AMEN.

Not another drop of blood on our hands in foreign wars unless the US is directly threatened. I'm sick of our country being the "world's policeman" when all we get from it is grief and body bags. This is an Arab mess, let them take the lead for once and clean their own house.
edit on 4/15/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Considering how things are going.

I'm guessing Libyan oil isn't that important to the EU anymore.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Agreed, but we all know that's not going to happen. But then again, militarily if I was anti-western country of that region of the world such as Iran and/or Syria I would create problems such as this so they would have to be addressed immediately so that combat operations against my territory would have to wait. Think about it, if we get into operations in all these other countries, and when you're out gunned by overall technology and military strength the only thing left to do is to make the warfare as ugly as possible so the attacker doesn't have public support from its people.
edit on 4/15/2011 by Smurfwicked because: because sometimes i think faster than i type.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Given what is at hand, forget this dead topic, enough resources spent. What you should be asking is why wasn't such fuss made when phosphorus bombs were being dropped upon Palestine not made as an issue within the human rights cour

use your brain, dont abuse it :-)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

RT is accusing the US and the UK of using "dirty" weapons on the Libyan people in this conflict.

Its only wrong if someone not playing the game with big money does it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Funny how the western news media Such as CNN BBC are all backing the lousy so called amateur footage of the so Cluster Bombs Into Civilian Area, with such bad quality.

I bet the rebels fired into the Cluster Bombs Into Civilian Areas making it look like Qaddafi Forces did it.

Its all propaganda.

In Benghazi, about 2,000 anti-Gadhafi demonstrators held up signs and shouted slogans that made it clear they are still fighting for Gadhafi's removal. "Gadhafi Go to Hell," read one. "Thanks for USA and NATO and France and UK," read another.

just 2,000 anti-Gadhafi demonstrators gathered all near the news networks crews for a photo OP, you can bet these are the fighters that are fighting Gadhafi, at least paid ones.

By the way i noticed all news networks when they are taking the fake protests footages they are always near the Benghazi port.

Looks the terrorists they came from the cargo ships.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You honestly assumed that it was a group of people going against 30+ year old status on a personal or spiritual belief, better yet, on a democratic belief. Seriously now, im trying to comprehend as to what to respond to. View the tree and not the forest.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The RT video shows a typical propaganda shot of "masses" of rebel protesters. All shot really close up so 20 yahoos standing around fill up the whole screen. And their passion is just......................underwhelming. They all look like they just want their check so they can go home.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

If you reform that post into something I can understand I will be happy to answer you. I cannot follow your question.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by tristar

If you reform that post into something I can understand I will be happy to answer you. I cannot follow your question.

My post was not a question but rather an indication, that everything that is happening is not about democracy or some group who had an epiphany about its moral values. How blunt should it be.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
My post was not a question but rather an indication, that everything that is happening is not about democracy or some group who had an epiphany about its moral values. How blunt should it be.

I still have no idea why what you are saying would be directed at me. I have never EVER implied on this board or any other that I thought what was happening in Libya was about democracy. From the very beginning, I have been one of the loudest voices saying that this was a scam and a set up, and that while no personal fan of Gaddafi, he was certainly not engaged in anything that would justify action against him or his country right now.

I have no idea what you are on about in terms of "some group who had an epiphany about its moral values" or how that applies to the conflict in Libya.

I dont think lack of bluntness is your problem, you dont seem to have any problem with that. It seems to me more an issue of carefully crafting your sentences.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

No, my craftiness is to the point and i do apologize for my indirect or direct response to you. However my point was to clarify if on the chance there was a misconception of what is transpiring and how the mass who have chosen to be informed via the net or the idiot box.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

The RT video shows a typical propaganda shot of "masses" of rebel protesters. All shot really close up so 20 yahoos standing around fill up the whole screen. And their passion is just......................underwhelming. They all look like they just want their check so they can go home.

And the so called Free Press Western News Networks such as CNN,BBC ABC arent your typical propaganda? my they have been PRO rebel since the start.

What about Nic Robertson? a wanna be journalist calling Qaddafi governments a thug? why doesn't he call the US that way?

In fact Robertson isnt even a Journalist from a journalism school

Nic started his career in broadcasting in 1984 within the engineering arm of the UK's Independent Broadcasting Authority (IBA.) He then worked as an engineer with TV-AM until 1989.

typical eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ummmm, I dont know what you are getting at here. Im not saying that RT is responsible for the propaganda shot, for all I know they got it from Reuters. I am just saying that video shows a typical "rebel" propaganda shot, where they have to do a tight shot to make a few people look like many.

What is with you guys? Do you read my posts? Or are you just looking for the ONE PHRASE that you can twist in your mind into my being supportive of the war on Libya despite my arguments against it, and against the propaganda campaigns that fueled it?

The comment was intended to highlight the fact that NO media source has been able to provide us with large crowds of Libyan "rebels." I was using RT as a SOURCE for something, why would you think I was attacking my own source for the accusation that America was using dirty bombs?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join