It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTK Killer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Several weeks ago I became engrossed in the Kansas City BTK Killer story. I spent some time on Kansas.com where they have a pretty active message board. Then I checked out the EZboard who also has an active message board. Then some guy has a Catchbtk.com web site. On none of these board could I 1) register to post; 2) get the kind of intelligent discussion that I've come to expect of the Above top secret forum.

Is anyone else following this case? I have ideas on the case that I'd like to share...but I can't share the ideas on those message boards..and I doubt it would be satisfying. Let me know if anyone else is up to speed and interested in discussing this.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I am very willing to hear about your ideas... as Vicki Wegerle would also... all the way.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
this topic has interested me as well. being a resident of Kansas and travelling to Wichita often, the story has even become more interesting. i was not in Kansas at the time of the killings and had never heard of him until it resurfaced about 6 months ago.

when you look at a serial killer such at BTK you have to remember that these people cannot just stop killing. that leads one to believe that the killer was either incacerated for another crime over the past couple decades, he became married and was unable to act freely as he did prior, or something altered his lifestyle such as a birth or death of a loved one.

currently the WPD is investigating the possibly that this person was incarcerated for another crime and searching records for recently released felons.

now look at his boldness, he was commiting these henious acts in the afternoon/early evening. all the crimes were within a specific vicinity. he did not travel too far from the previous victim. and he did not appear to be in a hurry. leading us to believe he was familiar and comfortable with the neighborhood.

there was another instance of a serial killer in kansas city who was originally a garbage man/waste service manager who committed a series of murders. if i recall correctly they go back to the 80's as well. he was recently arrested for these crimes. it just goes to show you, you never know who you are living next to or what their past is.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Im from Kansas myself, but I'm not that interested in BTK. He just publicly came back for publicity, hasn't done anything (this time around), and everyones worked up over it. Everyone needs to just ignore him, and quit giving him what he wants.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
*mod edit: advertising is not permitted on ATS*

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
i know the case, i think that rader-guy is a loser. in a relative way i do respect bundy, dahmer or gain for their style, but this attentionseeker rader disgusts me. he saw the whole thing as a funny game(ala catch me if you can), killing innocent people is not a game.

the need to kill can be a disorder of the mind or a passion but not a freking game. besides he was an asshole in his day to day life too. if i would have met him i sure would have had troubles with him.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by feyd rautha]

new topics

top topics

join