It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Warn Future Drugs Will Be Designed To Control The Human Mind

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalmAsHinduCows

-Do you sometimes feel sad?

-After working all day and dealing with screaming kids, do you sometimes feel drained?

Yep. Nevermind the idea of taking a counteractive exercise to help alleviate lifes stresses.
Thats just too much darn work!

Doctors do this now, albeit I am not sure to what extent, but if its like any other drug I see prescribed
by the bucketfuls, this could be bad, very bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Prozac, alters the mind. All fluoride based antidepressants alert the mind. Lithium, alters the mind. Aspartame alters the mind. Pot, alters the mind. This concept is really funny to me. These folks don't see the above chemicals, and the thousands and thousands of others specifically designed to alter the mind as mind altering. Can someone seriously be that stupid?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikester
reply to post by burntheships

It's the 'ol been there, done that. We have been being controlled for some time with chems.
It's a matter of perspective. You will not find a stronger drug than whats in our bodies already. It's a matter of plus and minus, blocking contact and increasing contact. getting at what's in there to scramble it up and pour it in a mold. Even our most powerful instincts, hunger, love, hate, breathing can be altered.

Pardon for quoting your whole post...Much of what you say I agree with, departing from the idea that
love can be altered.

I personally see love as pure, and IMO...it cant be messed with. Oh, try they will.

The worldy forms of it can..sure be.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
Prozac, alters the mind. All fluoride based antidepressants alert the mind. Lithium, alters the mind. Aspartame alters the mind. Pot, alters the mind. This concept is really funny to me. These folks don't see the above chemicals, and the thousands and thousands of others specifically designed to alter the mind as mind altering. Can someone seriously be that stupid?

No, I absolutely hope not. It seems you are suggesting fluoride is good?? Alerts the mind? Would you provide a link for that?

The others, you say, alter the mind"?? It sounds like you are saying those all do much the same thing, which I seriously doubt is your contention. Please elaborate some. Is pot and aspertame fairly much the same except the former won't sweeten my toothpaste?

Where does alcohol fit in?

edit on 15-4-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
....Like TV doesn't already do that....

If only they could find a drug to make people smarter... it would solve many problems

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
CURRENT drugs control our minds. before being on anti-depressants i was depressed, obsessed with sex, anti-social, filthy, and thought the world hated me.

5 years later and i love life. i love my family.i love my job. i love my apartment. i love interacting with people. without meds i'd be miserable and suicidal. i, for one, am grateful for our understanding of brain chemistry and how we're all the product of chemicals

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
and for those religious ones who say its "against god's will", god created the means for medicine to be created. if he created everything and everything is an extension of his will, then there is no conflict. god gave us the intellect and means to manipulate and produce drugs to regulate our unbalanced minds. thank god! ; P

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spikester

no better pusher out there than your own brain. No stronger addiction than the one to emotions. All I am seeing is pharmaceutical version of what many of us are already slaves to. Love in a pill is just around the corner. there might even be a variety pack. New love .......for those mornings when you just want to bounce out of bed. Extreme mania...for when you wanna kill your boss but just dont have the balls. Didnt feel anything for your mother in law? Pop a sadness pill so you dont look like a tool at her funeral.

*warning, side effects may include complete neural shutdown, loss of free will, opposite emotional response than intended, explosive diarrhea and fluorescent yellowing of the eyes. Please do not take if you have already been prescribed Fukitall as having said attitude is not conducive to you being a slave to sensation and actual Nirvana is none of our business.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
they have been for years in my opinion...paxil,zoloft,prozac,ritalin and etc etc...these are already used to control the minds of people...given out like candy...even if they arent necessary

Agreed 100% here. Granted there are some people who need therapy, and I am not going to
judge them for seeking help.

However, not for me.

I think what we have been exposed to is the tip of the iceberg...

Somehow I get the feeling from these articles that this is way more powerful than any of us
can even imagine.

I remember reading about this nearly a decade ago...

If this is like technology...its scary to think what they can do now with drugs.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101

The potential is terrifying, people could be turned into assassins, commit suicide. I imagine the army has difficulty recruiting today. These drugs could change that nicely by making people change their moral views on today's corrupt wars.

These drugs could influence our free will and literally enslave us.

Those are highly charged thoughts for sure. Given what we know about Big Pharma...

And what a very interesting aspect of these new "enhancment drugs".

I am the most interested in this aspect...will they be able to override our free will?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
Prozac, alters the mind. All fluoride based antidepressants alert the mind. Lithium, alters the mind. Aspartame alters the mind. Pot, alters the mind.

Now, there is a fact that I did not know!

Some anitdepressants do contain flouride! ???

en.wikipedia.org...

Simply by adding fluorine many drugs can be made more potent

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Really?! phew, thank goodness I grow my own
I kid. At the end of the day, it's your CHOICE to take those drugs that are prescribed to you. Take it for what it is

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yeah, totally nothing new.

I've been on Zoloft since I was 15 (a doctor prescribed it to me after meeting with me only twice... and after I was already dependent on the Zoloft it was discovered that my depression was caused by anemia, so all I needed were iron pills! The doctor who prescribed it just kinda threw Zoloft at me for kicks.) And so now, at the age of 22, I'm beginning to finally taper off the Zoloft (with doctor supervision of course). I notice a drastic difference in my view of the world. My behavior is the same, but my attitude towards things is different.

It's especially interesting for me because I've been on Zoloft for the past 7 years, some of the most formative years of my adult life, and now coming off it is making things seem slightly new (but not in a good way). I've noticed that I have a much shorter temper, and less tolerance for people who aren't as capable as me. I mean, I had a mild version of those personality traits while on the Zoloft, but it wasn't nearly this pronounced.

So yeah: Zoloft has completely changed my attitude for the past 7 years, and now coming off of it, I'm beginning to feel more like myself.

Oh, and I've also noticed that a smoke has kind of cleared from my experience. When I was on Zoloft, everything was foggy in a sense. I was aware of everything that was happening, but I wasn't completely "there". Now, I'm more aware and things are clearer. I feel more... "present" in my actions... instead of a husk that is moving around while my mind is off somewhere else.

edit on 15-4-2011 by xFloggingMaryx because: typo

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
God gave us natural ways to use plants.

opium in it's raw state it is a natural pain reliever. scientists and pharmaceutical companies isolated morphine and then heroin looking for a better, cheaper and effective way to administer the drug and maximize profits.

it failed. now these isolated chemicals are abused all over the world.

coc aine comes from coca leaves, which when chewed or made into tea has a mild stimulating effect and helps with digestion. it was and still used in the andes of south america to combat altitude sickness and provide a relaxing mood lift.

scientists again, looking to sell patents to drug companies, isolated the main ingredient and now we have this disaster in mexico, colombia and the united states in the form of organized crime, crack and unsafe powders laced with only God knows what.

another example of taking a natural substance with legitimate medicinal properties and screwing with it.

that's leaves marijuana, another natural growing plant with legitimate uses. from relieving pain to alleviating depression and to what some people claim, a natural psycho-analytical tool used to sort out and treat your mind.

instead of using marijuana, they made it illegal and now millions of people are drugged with prozac, paxil etc with side effects so long it takes up multiple folded sheets of paper in micro print to list.

even aspirin was originally isolated from willow bark. even though this is a mild drug and has many beneficial uses, it still causes some problems when abused or taken excessively that other wise wouldn't be present if used in it's natural state.

i think God has given us everything we need to cure and help our ailments in nature, without modifying it for maximum profit.

almost every attempt to do this has lead to problems.

edit on 16-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Like many of the posters before me have statedthat this is nothing new.

Anti depressants are mind control drugs. Ok all of you that are on anti depressants. Do you actually feel like yourself? Do you feel different? Do you think differently? If so, the meds are controlling your mind.

I personally have seen over 100+ suicides, probably way more than that, where the deceadant was on these types of drugs. I'm telling you, I think these drugs, help speed up the process of suicide.

Look into pot. It's natural, and now alot of states approve it for medical reasons.

I performed more than 1500 autopsies, I never ever saw anyone die from weed.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Oh joy, I made a thread about how medication is just a method to make a quick buck, and now you post this?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
People, the problem is our mindset as a whole. Why do we allow companies to make so much profit from healing us? I have always said why are people not getting medication to heal the simplest of things? MONEY. Its all about the money, we all know that but were still in the trance of "well thats the way the world works" . NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!
Thats the way "THEY" make the world. Yes you need money for research ect. Well how about using our taxes to make sure the next generation of scientists have a home paid for and long term security and let them work without all the political bull #e and manipulation from the rich few. Just like alternate energy.
I know there is the conspiracy, that they want population reduction. Well people theres no need look at how much land mass is not occupied. the desert areas that could be green again with proper irregation bio spheres and the like. But we are told this costs money and we cant afford to invest because of our financial situations.

Well I think its time for real democracy, not this fake demon-crazy, I mean Wakeup, you think you do your part by voting in the lesser of 2/3 evils ( politacl parties) and thats it leave it to the people who know whats best for us. NO
I want to vote about giving banks bailouts, going to war, paying more taxes, increasing the defense budget, cutting the amount of rich stuck up politicans. That is true democracy. We pay those people to work for us and sit back when they stich us up why? MAINSTREAM MEDIA controls how we should be acting, not to mention in the UK how the three soap operas subliminly control how we should react to things e.g muslims in eastenders at the moment, the uk census was in all soaps showing everyone filling in the forms. We are the problem becuase we like back and think of england / United states while been done bareback by the elite!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Future? Its happening now anyone who knows Fluorides history will understand what I am saying.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
They already have drugs to manipulate and to a certain extend control a persons mind.Those so called egoistic scientists are speculating on what may come in the future but they don't realise that it is already a reality.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I've seen the movie Equilibrium

Where do you have to apply to get paid to spew this crap?
edit on 16-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join