It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can a $6,400 Toilet Do for You? [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Of all the great scientific achievements man has made this one might have gone a tad to far.... so ask yourself...
Is the world ready for the Kohler Numi, a super-luxurious toilet with its own on-board foot warmer, a built-in music system, a heated seat that automatically goes up and down, and a special bidet attachment, all controlled by a touchscreen with a 20-foot range? (I tend to like to be just a bit closer than 20 feet when using the toilet myself)

Ready or not, Kohler Numi is now available for $6,400, and if you're into high-tech design and desire a level of decadence unforeseen until now, this device might be for you.

Like most high-end toilets from Toto -- such as the high-end NeoRest that costs around $4,000 -- and others, there is a bidet function in the Numi, using a retractable wand-like device to spray you in just the right places, and its temperature, power and aim are all easily adjusted with that touchscreen remote. When the spraying is done, there's a fan that blows warm air to dry you off. (What no pine scent additive???)

To entertain you in the meantime, there's a built-in music system with FM radio and auxiliary input, so yes, you could conceivably plug your iPhone into this toilet. Too bad there's no Bluetooth capability, but those well-heeled enough to have such a toilet could build that into their bathrooms separately. only thing missing now is ESPN...

edit on 15-4-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You wouldn't believe the market for these things.

The one I like is for disabled people who have the toilet connected to the internet/phone, the 'waist' is analyzed in the toilet and results sent to their doctor.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When I have to go "NOW" (we've all been there) I want a toilet that I don't have to wait on. That sucker had better have a high speed setting.
Seeashrink

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

haha great post!
sf

i wonder when the will be able to make their doodoo attractive enough to be able to sell it for that kind of money

(maybe when we are really low on fuel
)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Okay so I gotta ask

if you really did spend $6,400 on this thing....plus whatever the plumbers install rate is
would you really let anyone use it or would it just be for showing off purposes?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

hahahaha,

maybe THAS what those FEMA camps are for? Accumulating doodoo to create fuel.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Its too nice to use as a crapper

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If I had that kind of money to spend on a toilet I wouldn't care because I would be driving in my Koenigsegg Agera R.

And nobody would be touching that!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Did I really just watch a commercial for a toilet??? Gee whiz, that's quite the...invention! I have a houseful of little boys here that rarely "aim" properly. I wouldn't allow them near that $6400 seat! Not to mention they'd probably short out the electrical components.

Michelle

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Trust me... I may be old but deep down I'm still a little boy at heart
and we little boys would spend all day just making the seat go up and down... just to watch it go

link   
It blew my mind in so many ways, of course I would like to sample its warm surfaces, but on the other hand not all commodities are necessities, the brain power and man hours invested in the design, the resources utilized, the remote control, and the feet warming mechanism, everything is out of this world!
From the lowest depths all the way to the highest proportions, mankind has achieved the perfect imperfection of being ultra efficient on the worthless ideals, and totally unable to save itself from its own incompetence!

One day these robo crappers will be the norm, imagine that! but (excuse the scatological humor) not even in all of its glory, will it be able to withstand some Chinese buffet with leftovers to go from some people I know without clogging! mans excretions exceed its imagination!

edit on 15-4-2011 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Okay so I gotta ask

if you really did spend $6,400 on this thing....plus whatever the plumbers install rate is
would you really let anyone use it or would it just be for showing off purposes?

First, the last thing I would want is incentive to STAY in the bathroom any longer than I have to. Second, if I were to purchase this toilet, no, no one would be allowed to use it. It would be for showing off purposes. I can't imagine my friends going "Can I, uh, test her out? Eh?"

edit on 15-4-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
After a good nights rest I have decided the one and only thing this toilet can do for me is.... drum roll please...

is make me $6,400 dollars poorer

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I've seen some with built-in exhaust fans to provide the illusion that your poo does, indeed, not stink.

I could definitely find better things to do with my money.

new topics

top topics

join