It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That made me sick watching it! I will be watching for updates. Disgusting!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Honestly, maybe he should've minded his own business. The guy should've known better than to mess with NY cops.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I hope you enjoy getting routinely shot when you get pulled over for a minor traffic violation.

Because if every cop is fearing every citizens pressence they are going to be shooting at the drop of a hat.
Really guys, think these things through..

They do this in albuquerque. They just killed another man day before yesterday.

They killed 14 citizens last year, and I think they have killed at least 5 this year alone.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't usually do this but people need to know this information. It was covered up at the bottom of the last page.

The guy arrested unfortunately didn't know his rights. He had no right to be arrested, or even ID'ed. Cops like to make you think you have to provide ID if they ask, but you don't (with the exception of showing a driver's license while driving a vehicle [also with the exception of providing an affidavit legally stating your constitutional right to travel freely, but that's another matter entirely]). If a cop asks to see your ID, you simply have to ask, "Am I being detained?" If they say "No," then you don't have to give ID, and you should follow up by asking, "So can I go now?" If they don't let you go, then they are breaking the law by detaining you unlawfully, especially when they just stated that you aren't being detained. When they won't say "No," they will try to word their way around it by repeating things like, "Sir I need to see your ID." And you just keep asking, "Am I being detained?" They cannot detain you without suspicion that you are, were or about to commit a crime. If the cop says "Yes, you are being detained," then you must ask, "On what grounds?" If they can't come up with a reason, then congratulations, you've already won and it's best to cooperate from that point because you will win in court. Obviously if you actually did something wrong, you will be cited and/or arrested. Keep in mind there is a difference between detainment and arrest. To be detained is to be prevented from leaving the scene. To be arrested is to be taken into custody. You can also be detained if a cop believes you were a witness to a crime and they need to take a statement. In this case, if you don't believe you were a witness, you can simply say, "I didn't see anything." And repeat the "Am I being detained," process.

I hope this helps anyone who may run into a police power trip scenario.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I posted it to my facebook page I hope some New Yorkers will get peeved about it and write or call in.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
If i was the cop and I asked him to show me his I.D.,and he walked away from me like that,I would have thrown him down cuffed him,and booked him for failure to obey orders and acting like a fool in public

SHOW ME where you derive your jurisdiction?

ALL POLITICAL POWER IS INHERENT IN THE PEOPLE. What do you not get there. WE the PEOPLE are the AUTHORITY. We have been duped into believing we recind that authority because we voted, guess what...."policy enforcemnet officers" are HIRED, not ELECTED. The Sheriff is the ONLY LEGAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER in any county or state.

Sheriff Richard I. Mack has won in the Supreme Court on this issue. Cops are NOTHING more than SECURITY GUARDS.....NOTHING MORE. They have NO POWER or AUTHORITY over the civilian population, and the sooner YOU get it and everyone else, the better off we will all be. NO VICTIM, NO CRIME. FACT!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
it makes me think of this old metal song, form a group called violence album..opressing the masses, which kinda is more truthful about how things are today and going. officer nice! weilding the stick.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
As Cartman would say,

"Respect My AUTHORITY!"

One thing you don't do in NYC is mouth off to the cops, they are mostly roid ragers and the slightest thing sets them off. This # happens all the time. Good to see it get caught on tape.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When sick people in goverment and judiciary make stupid laws that infringe on peoples basic rights,the police are stupid for not questioning those laws and acting apon them,what would a suitable response to police and goverment abusing powers be.

shooting those cops sounds fair,hang the politicons

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"why are pigs such assholes?"
-me to a cop
Yes, I really did ask a cop that a couple months ago.

What's scary about the video is there were like 7 other pigs there that did nothing to stop it.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

And his response?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

My gf got pulled over for speeding just a little bit when no one else was on the road.
He asked if we had any questions at the end. She said no, I asked that. He asked me to repeat myself. So I did an did it with extra emphasis. He said "bye" and walked away. The expression on his face was priceless.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
As Cartman would say,

"Respect My AUTHORITY!"

One thing you don't do in NYC is mouth off to the cops, they are mostly roid ragers and the slightest thing sets them off. This # happens all the time. Good to see it get caught on tape.

Heh, Cartman applies on so many levels here. He is the personification of this very insanity.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Honestly, maybe he should've minded his own business. The guy should've known better than to mess with NY cops.

When he made the initial comment there were no cops to be seen, they were in the van.

The young man getting the ticket quipped back, and the other guy responded as he was going his merry way down the sidewalk.

At this point the officer in the van spoke up.

He wasn't messing with any cops until messed with, and frankly i might have been caught off guard by that too. A few more steps down the side walk and it would have all been over.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We need cops to catch the murderers, rapists, childmolestors, thieves, you know the real criminals.
They need to stop BS like in this video. Arresting people for marijuana is absurd too.
More than half of people in federal prisons are there for drug crimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I don't usually do this but people need to know this information. It was covered up at the bottom of the last page.

The guy arrested unfortunately didn't know his rights. He had no right to be arrested, or even ID'ed. Cops like to make you think you have to provide ID if they ask, but you don't (with the exception of showing a driver's license while driving a vehicle [also with the exception of providing an affidavit legally stating your constitutional right to travel freely, but that's another matter entirely]). If a cop asks to see your ID, you simply have to ask, "Am I being detained?" If they say "No," then you don't have to give ID, and you should follow up by asking, "So can I go now?" If they don't let you go, then they are breaking the law by detaining you unlawfully, especially when they just stated that you aren't being detained. When they won't say "No," they will try to word their way around it by repeating things like, "Sir I need to see your ID." And you just keep asking, "Am I being detained?" They cannot detain you without suspicion that you are, were or about to commit a crime. If the cop says "Yes, you are being detained," then you must ask, "On what grounds?" If they can't come up with a reason, then congratulations, you've already won and it's best to cooperate from that point because you will win in court. Obviously if you actually did something wrong, you will be cited and/or arrested. Keep in mind there is a difference between detainment and arrest. To be detained is to be prevented from leaving the scene. To be arrested is to be taken into custody. You can also be detained if a cop believes you were a witness to a crime and they need to take a statement. In this case, if you don't believe you were a witness, you can simply say, "I didn't see anything." And repeat the "Am I being detained," process.

I hope this helps anyone who may run into a police power trip scenario.

The thing is he was detained anyway, why is it he needed to say the magic words?

I don't think if he asked 'am i being detained?' it would have changed anything.
edit on 16-4-2011 by HorizonMan because: typo

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Most people don't realize that cops in NYC do a lot of civil code enforcement. I've even seen plainclothes detective get out of an unmarked car to write a guy up for selling stuff on the street. I would probably assume that riding your bike on the sidewalk is also a civil code violation and not a criminal violation of the law. The problem is that NYC needs the money and the cops are really more concerned with meeting their ticket quotas. Civil code enforcement should be carried out by people like Traffic Department meter maids, not by cops concerned with criminal violations of the law.

After we had that big blizzard (which the Sanitation Department did nothing to remedy) we had a 3x increase in tickets because they missed out on so much revenue while the streets were covered in snow.

Also, you gotta love these people that encourage you to argue with the cops. I've been busted by cops who had me dead to rights, I stayed calm, cooperated, chatted with the cops a bit and left with a ticket or nothing at all.

Cops know that people hate them, they know that people react strongly towards them because of the uniform. The best stance is "Alright buddy, you're just doing your job, I get it, you caught me." If you can leave with just a ticket you will still have a chance to fight it in court. DO NOT try to fight it with the cops because they don't care, they'll haul your butt downtown and let the judge sort it out while you rot in the tombs.

Cops can detain you for a certain amount of time without any proof what so ever, they might even detain you just to be aholes if you're giving them a hard time. Think about the types of people these cops deal with everyday, junkies, whores, drug dealers, psychos, do you really think they're going to appreciate some college kid yelling at them about how he is allowed to do and say whatever he wants (simply because he has a poor understanding of the law as it currently stands).

Start crap with cops, end up in jail, welcome to NYC

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's true; coppers have no right to stop you unless they're placing you under arrest.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join