It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible thought

In fact, the only one obstructing justice or engaging in disorderly conduct is the cop. It is the cop who decides the remark was a threat to his ego and thus obstructed his own task in order to assault the passerby for what the cop chose to take as an insult. It is the cop who was acting unreasonably, and unlawfully, toward the joker.

Looks like:

Assault (or perhaps aggravated, depending on local code)
Filing a False Police Report
False Arrest
Kidnapping
Disorderly Conduct
Enciting a Riot
Mob Action

should be racked up against the police involved. I've certainly seen cops charge citizens with these crimes for far less reasons.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nefarious
reply to post by sensible thought

In fact, the only one obstructing justice or engaging in disorderly conduct is the cop. It is the cop who decides the remark was a threat to his ego and thus obstructed his own task in order to assault the passerby for what the cop chose to take as an insult. It is the cop who was acting unreasonably, and unlawfully, toward the joker.

Looks like:

Assault (or perhaps aggravated, depending on local code)
Filing a False Police Report
False Arrest
Kidnapping
Disorderly Conduct
Enciting a Riot
Mob Action

should be racked up against the police involved. I've certainly seen cops charge citizens with these crimes for far less reasons.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

It can not be stated enough. Good on you and your opinion DOES matter. Again ALL "policy enforcement officers" are criminals, WHY you ask? They have NOT filed an oath of office with the city/county/state and therefore are IMPERSONATING A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER. The Sheriff is ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE, he IS the only LEGITIMATE law enforcement official and should be arresting these idiots for crimes 18 USC 241 and 242. Not to mention 18 USC 1621 and 28 USC 1746 and so on.

Cops are corprate security guards and NOTHING MORE!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pngxp
all the people freaking out about abuse of power are all correct.

we should do away with all laws, everything from jaywalking to murder.

that way, when you decide you want to cross the street whenever YOU want, regardless of everyone else around, and you get hit by a car and killed. the driver wont be charged with murder. because all laws are bad and pointless right?

oh wait.

and as for the 2nd guy. it really is his fault and his fault alone. when cops tell you to do something, you do it. whether its to stop running your mouth or to put the weapon down. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO IT. PERIOD. if you dont, thats your decision and you have to face the consequences.

society has laws for a reason, it needs laws for a reason. and if everyone starts picking and choosing which ones they deem appropriate, it all collapses.

yes the cops should have and could have handled it better. a simple warning should be more than sufficient for a minor infraction. but still. laws are laws.

Allow me to explain why your argument is severely retarded...

We have had laws long before codes, statutes and acts...
A code violation is NOT a law violation. You think it is: people also believe in "God."
Does it make it true? Nope.

Within the construct of the current system as it is: it is inherently #ed up and flawed. -Check.
Your analogy does NOT correlate to this situation.

Your personal feelings get in the way of sound/logical point of view because you're emotional
and irrational and an obvious smart ass: based on your own post.

Since you obviously have a license, ID, SSN and USE them to identify yourself:
you tell law enforcement that YOU: are under their jurisdiction because YOU are a corporate fiction-sorry.

A human being has the right to privacy, not to incriminate himself and to be secure in his property.
He did NOTHING wrong, did not breach the peace and did not commit a crime: no crime no charge.

He did not know how to handle himself as I, and other human beings do.
Since he was a person: he had to reveal his government issued ID: and BAM: they could now take him lawfully.

This doesn't happen to me and many other people because:

WE KNOW OUR RIGHTS.
Perhaps you don't? That sucks for you.

Yelling at a cop, arguing tells the cop you are an aggressive person.
Peacefully talking to them takes away their anger and their stance.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Call up and report the call to the New York City Police Department Internal Affairs Bureau at 212-741-8401.

New York City Metropolitain Police Department's Commission To Combat Police Corruption!
www.nyc.gov...

Make them aware of it along with a copy of your video, all they have to do is get the squad car and van numbers and run those numbers to see who was assigned to those vehicles in q and they can identity the leo's on shift and will investigate internally.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
stuff like this happens all the time in chicago where arrogance of authority and abuse of power defeats the real purpose of justice. Its sad that police cnt do their job right even in simple circumstances like this

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, this don't suprise me, there are a lot of pricks working for the NYPD, that is a fact. One disturbing aspect to this thread, seems a lot of americans are cowards with some stockholm syndrome or something....... Most reasonable people I know avoid the cops, it should not have to be that way at all.....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
If i was the cop and I asked him to show me his I.D.,and he walked away from me like that,I would have thrown him down cuffed him,and booked him for failure to obey orders and acting like a fool in public

lol, armchair cop, reminds me of this:

edit on 29/4/2011 by cortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What does it matter if the man was even speaking to the officer? He could have said, "You rot in hell, you pig!" and it shouldn't have made a bit of difference. Yes, freedom of speech can be a blow to the ego, but truly, how does a shiny badge put you above having to tolerate it like everyone else?

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join