It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
this is exactly why im no longer participating in the madness..no more paying bills or illegal taxes..no more working to pay the powers that be to arrest and/or kill me.. NO MORE! Until they decide to put my money where I want it to be, they wont be getting any more money from me. I want Obama to prove he was born here. I take that very seriously. I want illegal immigration stopped and cleaned up. I want affordable housing and an end to homeless people on the street. Ya feel me?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How about the guys filming the video,they were spewing one racial slur after another.Those guys had no class.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

seriously!

this reminds me of a job once, where the 'line manager' (or mismanager) who knew nothing and whom I taught many aspects of the job, resented the team camaraderie and instructed me to ''not have a sense of humour'' to ''laugh only at his jokes'' and ''otherwise don't laugh at all'', it became a joke in the entire building, like ''sshhhh don't laugh here comes 'such and such person'''.

There should be ego police instead of joke police.
edit on 19-4-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So he should. How dare he make a joke about NYC, there's nothing to laugh about in NYC.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
This guy on the bike is being written up for biking on the sidewalk. A guy comes along and makes a joke to the guy on the bike and this is what happens....

www.youtube.com...

Here is your NY tax dollars at hard work.

www.nyc.gov...

You may contact the New York City Comission to Combat Police corruption by calling (212) 487-7350 during regular business hours or you may write to us at: New York City Commission to Combat Police Corruption 17 Battery Place, Suite 327 New York, NY 10004 If your complaint involves physical force, abuse of authority, discourtesy, or offensive language by a member of the NYPD, you may wish to contact the New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board's complaint hotline at (800) 341-CCRB (800-341-2272).

No more can you make a friendly joke without being handcuffed and harassed by law enforcement officers. Your job is to shut up and keep walking and if you don't you are gonna get taken down. This is clear violation of the first amendment. But since when do police care about that stuff. Most think they are above the law. Make up their own rules along the way. I hope the media has been contacted about this incident because I am sure law enforcement will do something about it once the news has their hands all over it.
edit on 15-4-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
i really cant believe that everyone seems to be on the guys side. The guy clearly shoots his mouth of, when he should of just kept it shut. Isn't anyone sick of people like this? I cant even leave the house anymore without running into people like this, who always have to say something sarcastic or inappropriate, especially when it has nothing to do with them. Why do people have to say anything in the first place. Its a sign of lack of intelligence and lack of manners. Why do most people just say the first stupid or rude thing that crosses their mind? I understand the human race collectively is not an evolved species but why cant people just keep their mouths shut. I hate to tell most of you this, but your not anywhere near has funny, cute or intelligent has you think you are. When you go around to actually make the pathetic effort of being sarcastic you generally find trouble. This guy should have minded his own business and he should have especially not talked junk to the cop. What did he think was gonna happen? Im not a cop lover but i have enough sense to know that the cops cant let people walk around saying whatever they want to them. There would be a loss of respect and therefore control and personally id prefer big mouths like this to learn control. People need to start being less sarcastic to each other and more respectful. And by all means please keep anything you think is funny to yourselves, because chances are its not. Give it a shot

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i really cant believe that everyone seems to be on the guys side. The guy clearly shoots his mouth of, when he should of just kept it shut. Isn't anyone sick of people like this? I cant even leave the house anymore without running into people like this, who always have to say something sarcastic or inappropriate, especially when it has nothing to do with them. Why do people have to say anything in the first place. Its a sign of lack of intelligence and lack of manners. Why do most people just say the first stupid or rude thing that crosses their mind? I understand the human race collectively is not an evolved species but why cant people just keep their mouths shut. I hate to tell most of you this, but your not anywhere near has funny, cute or intelligent has you think you are. When you go around to actually make the pathetic effort of being sarcastic you generally find trouble. This guy should have minded his own business and he should have especially not talked junk to the cop. What did he think was gonna happen? Im not a cop lover but i have enough sense to know that the cops cant let people walk around saying whatever they want to them. There would be a loss of respect and therefore control and personally id prefer big mouths like this to learn control. People need to start being less sarcastic to each other and more respectful. And by all means please keep anything you think is funny to yourselves, because chances are its not. Give it a shot

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrhardtruth
He said to the guy on the bike,your a grown man,you should know better.Thats a real funny joke,especially when the cops are about to ticket you.The punk was rubbing salt in the wound.He deserved a fat lip for the instigation.
edit on 20-4-2011 by brindle because: mistake

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

obviously from the beginning of the video everyone was taking the whole situation as a joke and everyone laughed when the joke was told even the guy getting the ticket. so should people get arrested for making jokes?

reply to post by mrhardtruth

your argument is stupid. what your basically saying is that people who do things that annoy you should get arrested

the cops were just mad because everyone was joking around and not taking them seriously. cops arnt even intimidating anymore they are just annoying the only reason people avoid them is to not get arrested they try to look intimidating but at a certain point they are just overcompensating
edit on 20-4-2011 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The guy on the bike took the guys instigation very well.Most people from the hood would go off the deep end if somebody made a comment like that to them while they were in the process of getting ticketed.If you dont believe this to be true.,go to the hood,when you see somebody riding a bike on the sidewalk,say,your a grown man,you should know better.Report back with where you want to plan this experiment.I will be there filming.This challenge is open to anybody who thinks that saying,your a grown man,you should know better is a joke.All the people saying that this is a joke,prove it.Test your theory.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The guy on the bike took it how it was intended, as a joke. I do this all the time, share jokes with random passers by, especially on a firday/saturday night when drunk. And you know what? I've never been assaulted becasue of it, nor been arrested becasuse I DARED to interact with another human being. (oh the thought of it!!)

Shall we all live in your world, where the polie are always right, and we just stop talking to one another. What kind of world do you think that'll be? One word from me. Horrific.

Never roll over and play dead, just becasue the police think you should, when they have NO right in doing so. Just do as they say, they know what's best for you. What utter rubbish.
edit on 20/4/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
The guy on the bike took it how it was intended, as a joke. I do this all the time, share jokes with random passers by, especially on a firday/saturday night when drunk. And you know what? I've never been assaulted becasue of it, nor been arrested becasuse I DARED to interact with another human being. (oh the thought of it!!)

So you scream repeated comments at people while they are being ticketed by the police too?.Do you guys have a secret club that targets people being ticketed.How much are the dues?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a secret club? You know too much!!

He didn't scream anything. He may have used an outside voice, but that's a far cry from screaming. You are sensationalising, and you know it. He didn't hinder the job of the police at all, he interacted with someone who seemed happy to be interacted with. What a terrible person, lock him up and throw away they key. The total wrongun.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrhardtruth

do you come from the United States? Here in the US it is called the first amendment. It gives us the right to freedom of religion, free speech, and freedom of press.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe Dog Chapman the bounty hunters and leland posted bail for this guy.If he skips out on the Dog,Leland will hunt him down .It shouldnt be hard to find him.He will just have to look for the guy wearing a big heavy wool coat on a warm humid day.Yea,thats right.Everyonle elase in the video is wearing a tshirt.This guy is wearing a heavy wool coat.It must have been 50 degrees colder where he was standing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This video has so much irony and justice,I love it.The guy screams your a grown man,you should know better.Well that fool is a grown man,he should have known better.So he gets arrested,beautiful.The guy on the bike appears to walk away without a fine.I love the whole outcome,it is Justice served.Life is good.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Only 3 types of people become cops!

1) The high school athlete, that discovered his half ass talent wasn't going to cut it in college, or an injury, found him staying "local".... Becoming the town cop. This cop will take out his failed dreams on each and every person he encounters.

2) The military prick that doesn't know any other outlet where he can utilize his skills... A.K.A Violence! Barney bad ass will MAKE you respect him! NOW!!!

3) The last and final category is a minority on law Enforcement - The good guy! The man (or woman) that really wants to make a difference. This category of cop will get discouraged quickly. He will see soon enough, that our system is broken, and set up only for profit and control. This officer will be a good officer, with several little "snaps" through out their career.

10% of cops are good guys with no skeletons... 90% are scum bags with a complex!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
@ brindle
Do you work in the media? You're sensationalisng the crap out of this

If you don't work for a newspaper, then you've missed a vocational oppertunity.

The guy didn't scream a single utterence. OMG he was wearing a jacket!! LOCK HIM UP!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
@ brindle
Do you work in the media? You're sensationalisng the crap out of this

If you don't work for a newspaper, then you've missed a vocational oppertunity.

The guy didn't scream a single utterence. OMG he was wearing a jacket!! LOCK HIM UP!!!

This happened on a busy street in nyc.You dont know what the decimal level was unless you were there at the scene and not watching it on video filmed from a building.The officers who were there at the scene and could determine the mans decimal level,told him he was being agressive.They could hear better than you because they were actually there.You were not there.Maybe you were the guy who filmed,who knows?Why were the guys filming this using racial slurs repeatedly?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join