It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

No you wouldn't arrest the crackhead for being an addict. However, what the police could have done was get said crackhead out of the road. Also no where in my post did I even say anything about arresting the crackhead. My post is more about the hypocrisy of the police. If you watch the video, they are arresting a guy for running his mouth, but the crackhead at some points in the video is in the street where he could be hit by a car. Where he is interrupting the flow of traffic. At the very minimum... the crackhead was jaywalking. However, the police will turn a blind eye to person who should be getting their attention, and focusing it and arresting a guy who was standing on a sidewalk talking trash... which mind you, is not against the law.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I seen a guy saying a smart remark to his friend that was on the bike, then I seen a cop get mad even during being intimidated and shoved the man still never lost his temper like I would have.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you look closely,when he eventually opened up his pocket,you could see he had a pee-wee herman doll attached to his key ring.I think you can now understand his reluctance to let his homies see his undying love for the hermster.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

who said the guy was a crackhead boy you people are judgmental...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

by law do you have to???? don't we have rights?? if your doing nothing wrong you shouldnt have to show # these pigs are here for protection by our tax dollars WE PAY THEM TO WORK??

Don't know, I'm not American. But to avoid all the hassle, alls he has to do was just show him the ID and then get along with his day, not really much of an annoyance is it? It's not as if the policeman is going to remember his name and ID number anyway

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

fisrtly how do u know it was his friend?
secondly the officer asked the guy to keep moving and he didnt he hung around shouting and being a niusance... (warning 1)
he was then rude to the officer...all while the officer is trying to deal with the other man...

THEN the officer got out and asked for his id (still not arrested at this point)
to which the man refused, AND also pretended to give the officer the id then swiped it away (playing games)
he was asked repeatedly to hand over his ID and still refused....he was then cuffed and taken to the van...

had he simply removed himself from the situation when asked....then the officer wouldnt have even got out the car....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

I realize that but before the cop got out of the van the guy was at least 20 feet away from the whole ordeal and there was no disturbance or whatever they called it I am just saying most not all cops act like they are in some gang and they also act like their poop don't stink, and then to call for backup and more cops arrive and act even more intimidating its just wrong on all angles of the law I have friends that are cops not pigs and they would never act in that way and I am not American either thank my parents, parents, parents

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
God I wish that was me.
I would have both judges in the family, and the sheriff in the family..
On that sorry cops ass soo fast he wouldnt know what to do.

Fn sad little man.

Try that $^8& with someone who actually knows their rights..
I fkn dare you!
Idiot.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
He is lucky he didnt get pepper sprayed for inciting a riot

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

lol i hear they prefer to use the tazer to the balls move.....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Rule number 1--dont scream at cops,rule number 2--dont scream at cops after being warned not to scream at cops,rule number 3-if you scream at cops and then scream at cops after being warned not to scream at cops,expect to get your ass kicked and possibly be on the dumbest criminals tv show.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
point of the matter is this...if the man had been arrested for making a joke then they would have jumped out the van, cuffed him and took him off when they made the joke...they didnt...they warned him to keep moving and when he refused and starting shouting at the officer he was asked for id which he wouldnt give.....

im not saying that the sun shines out of cops butts, and i know thier s**T stinks....but in this situation...the man could have prevented what happend instead he exassibated the situation to the point of his arrest..thus...his own fault

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
fact is the man was warned by police to keep moving yet he was belligerant and rude to the officers which is why they got out the car and asked for ID, now it didnt have to get to the point of them getting out the car, nor did it have to get to the point were he was cuffed...he should have did as they asked and then could have been on his way..so yes i personally think that the man brought it on himself with his smart mouth...and not doing as he was asked.

Being rude is ground for a police officer to ask for an ID. Oh you're rude? I need to know who you are so I can... ummm... call your mother about this? The cops initiated a smart/rude mouth with their bullying victim, who responded with a verbal self defense with an almost equally hostile attitude (but not nearly as hostile nor rude as the cops). The cops are then solely responsible for escalating the situation from there, rather than calming the situation down. Once again as par for the course, the cops escalate nothing into something and a man is punished.

How can you put all this blame on the victim when the cops are the ones who did 100% all of the escalation? The bystander was asked to leave and at one point started to.. but the cops seem to actually stop the guy from leaving. So I'm not buying what your telling me about him being arrested for not leaving. Does it take four cops to get one obnoxious guy to leave? No.

I don't believe the bystander was interfering with the police officers job, so I don't believe they had any grounds to ask him to leave in the first place. But he did apparently start to leave in the video before the cops got physical with him and arrest him... whereas it would have made sense for that to be the point where they were to back off and allow him to comply with their direction to leave... not that I see how that is a lawful order any way.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The ignorant police are even luckier..
Lucky that they didnt pull this $%#& on someone more intelligent, with more "pull".......

Pull this kinda crap on the wrong (right) person, and your sorry ego-filled , wanna-be-cop ass will be working at mcdonalds by the end of the year.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Then you encourage people to be required to obey police regardless of the legality of the police request/behavior? And you condone the relinquishing of free speech at the whim of a police officer? So when police show up, say at a protest in WI, and demand they disperse you're all for anyone who disobeys to be jailed, drug through the justice system, and labeled a criminal, yes? Granted this isn't WI below, but here is what your approval will provide us:

If you request a police state do you understand what a police state is?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Rule number 1--dont scream at cops,rule number 2--dont scream at cops after being warned not to scream at cops,rule number 3-if you scream at cops and then scream at cops after being warned not to scream at cops,expect to get your ass kicked and possibly be on the dumbest criminals tv show.

So true. Scream at children. Nothing will happen. Scream at old ladies. Zero retribution. But scream at a cop and you will get the @#$% beat out of you. Police State 101, People! Police State 101. The guy should have known the power-thristy madmen have an agenda, and you don't mess with it.

Or, just maybe that man wanted to bring attention to the brutal thuggery by NYPD cops, accomplished his mission 100%, and is a lot smarter than a lot of people give him credit for.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So.. no follow up to this story yet?

No clue whats happening with this now?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
When in doubt,always refer to rule number 1-dont scream at cops.If you get confused,you can always refer to rule number 3--if I continually scream at cops,I may get my ass kicked,get tasered to the nutsack,fined, jailed or all of the above.If you have a serious doubt about what to do in a situation,Refer to rule number 4--by continuing on with my actions,most likely I will spend the evening in jail.Is this where I want to spend the rest of my night?If you answer no,keep your mouth shut.If the answer is yes,continue on screaming.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
fact is the man was warned by police to keep moving yet he was belligerant and rude to the officers which is why they got out the car and asked for ID, now it didnt have to get to the point of them getting out the car, nor did it have to get to the point were he was cuffed...he should have did as they asked and then could have been on his way..so yes i personally think that the man brought it on himself with his smart mouth...and not doing as he was asked.

Being rude is ground for a police officer to ask for an ID. Oh you're rude? I need to know who you are so I can... ummm... call your mother about this? The cops initiated a smart/rude mouth with their bullying victim, who responded with a verbal self defense with an almost equally hostile attitude (but not nearly as hostile nor rude as the cops). The cops are then solely responsible for escalating the situation from there, rather than calming the situation down. Once again as par for the course, the cops escalate nothing into something and a man is punished.

How can you put all this blame on the victim when the cops are the ones who did 100% all of the escalation? The bystander was asked to leave and at one point started to.. but the cops seem to actually stop the guy from leaving. So I'm not buying what your telling me about him being arrested for not leaving. Does it take four cops to get one obnoxious guy to leave? No.

I don't believe the bystander was interfering with the police officers job, so I don't believe they had any grounds to ask him to leave in the first place. But he did apparently start to leave in the video before the cops got physical with him and arrest him... whereas it would have made sense for that to be the point where they were to back off and allow him to comply with their direction to leave... not that I see how that is a lawful order any way.

i didnt say he was arrested for not moving he was arrested for not handing over his id, the reasons officers ask for id when dealing with someone on the street is that if that person assualted an officer and ran away then the officer knows his name..its basic police proceedure when dealing with someone who has the potential to become irrate r may start trouble..and up until that point the officers had reason to believe this to be the case as the man was being verbally abusive to the officers....

now had he just handed over his ID then the officer may have just warned him and moved him on..but look closley at the video the man pulls out his ID and pretends to hand it to the officer, the officer puts out his hand to take it and the man swipes it back....so he was taunting the officer, he had the ID in his hand why not just hand it over?

he was then asked repeatedly to let the officer look at his ID and he refused..so was then preusmably arrested for non-compliance and taken out of the situation....

i think the officers were probably a bit OTT...but when they ask u to remove urself from a situation that has nothing to do with u..u just do it and save all the aggro....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Yes,, I agree, the guy did push the line. He should have just walked away. I wonder if the cop would have followed him. The cops also were defending the guy on the bike a little bit. The cop probably had multiple scenarios in his head of how it was going to play out, and who knows what stuff he has encountered. I don't live in a busy area of the city, so I don't encounter this as much.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join