It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This guy on the bike is being written up for biking on the sidewalk. A guy comes along and makes a joke to the guy on the bike and this is what happens....

www.youtube.com...

Here is your NY tax dollars at hard work.

www.nyc.gov...

You may contact the New York City Comission to Combat Police corruption by calling (212) 487-7350 during regular business hours or you may write to us at: New York City Commission to Combat Police Corruption 17 Battery Place, Suite 327 New York, NY 10004 If your complaint involves physical force, abuse of authority, discourtesy, or offensive language by a member of the NYPD, you may wish to contact the New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board's complaint hotline at (800) 341-CCRB (800-341-2272).

No more can you make a friendly joke without being handcuffed and harassed by law enforcement officers. Your job is to shut up and keep walking and if you don't you are gonna get taken down. This is clear violation of the first amendment. But since when do police care about that stuff. Most think they are above the law. Make up their own rules along the way. I hope the media has been contacted about this incident because I am sure law enforcement will do something about it once the news has their hands all over it.
edit on 15-4-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Arresting him for joking about the guys bike???

Second line = (some) American cops are more power hungry than the president! Absolutely retarded arrest!

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
oink...oink...a pigs ego was hurt....He has the be the BIG MAN.......This just shows the difference of a pig and a real Officer of the law...it make it bad for the real police officers who are really trying to help people..not trying to make money for the Corporation...I am so sorry his little teany, tiny ego was smashed....You can believe his wife wears the pants in the family....he only wears them when he has backup......oink...oink.....

+54 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This video could have been taken in Nazi Germany, thats how scary this is, hear the cop telling him to mind his own business? Who is he to relieve this citizen of his first amendment rights?

Those cops should be immediately fired and charged with false arrest.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
cops are the biggest D-bags in society. worse than many non-violent criminals.. who are you more afraid of the hippy weed dealer or a degenerate power hungry ego stroking bully?

usmc warrant officer " cops pin on their courage and strap on their balls" greatest marine I personally knew.. braver than anyone D-bag with a badge.. I was in the usmc and all the exx-military cops were the D-bags of the military..

Cops personally profit from a corrupt system THEY know and admit is corrupt..hhmmmm

All cops know of at least one crooked judge, d.a., or fellow cop AND do nothing about it. hhmmm

Cops only go on the offensive if they have superior weapons/manpower, cowardly? hmmm

look at history....who was the enemy during prohibition? cops or the moonshiners? hmmm

you are more likely to die from an encounter by a cop than a criminal..hhmmmm

you are more likely to be robbed by a cop than a criminal (bogus speeding tickets vs. mugging)? hmm

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I always thought cops are supposed to protect us?

So why do I feel more nervous walking by a cop in my neighborhood than a bum, or a drug dealer, a gang banger?

Your perspective of cops is dependent on where you live, not what you do.

Who's going to protect us from the cops?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
arrested for being black on a friday night.

2nd line

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

2nd line

You shouldn't do that.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Did you see the cop engaging the guy aggressively for TALKING BACK? This needs to stop. The sooner police fear for their jobs in the presence of every citizen, the better. They need to know they will be held accountable.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I do think is wrong, and there's a few things I don't understand which leave me to the impression which leads me to think that they may have a history with this man one of the reasons is because he is the only one they target the man in the red shirt is literally bumping shoulders with the cop and then other people come over acting even more hostile or upset and they do nothing to them but this doesn't condone what they did because he shouldn't be judged or treated differently for past incidents.

What he did in this video was completely innocent.

NYC is a strange place and those who haven't lived there or in a place like it really wont understand it unless they take the time out to learn about it.
Strange in the sense of the relationship between the police and the public, sometimes it's very friendly and often for repeat offender a love hate relationship.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Made my blood boil, If that guy was me I would of kept walking and hoped to god they tackled or teased me or SOMETHING.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Also a good point about this video is that the original hardcore criminal on the bike came out of the apartment where this is being filmed from. So his crime was to ride on a bike on the sidewalk few feet so he can get to the street. Apparently they are pretty anal about this law in NYC.
I'm surprised the guy filming this wasn't arrested for obstruction of justice or something like this guy PINAC.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Maybe TPTB are testing the water to see how far they can push it, or maybe it's a warm up for when we lose all of our rights.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
They've been pushing the limits for a long time now. It's just getting worse and worse. I don't think it's a "test". It's just the only way to rip all the rights and freedoms. Do it little by little. Noone cares when that happens.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

What, make the pigs walk up stairs?

Actually do something strenuous that does not involve beating or restraining someone?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Disgusting. STAND UP AMERICA!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If there is one thing that i absolutely hate on this planet. It has to be the police.

If this was in Albuquerque, that guy woulda been already dead.

*snip* the police!
edit on 16-4-2011 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2011 by gallopinghordes because: please don't circumvent our censors.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

2nd line

yeah...by a black police officer..

so your point if indeed you are trying to make one is complete nonsense...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
To think our tax dollars pay for this.

They are not human beings...

Word of advice - Whenever dealing with any police - pull out your mobile phone and video tape it - Your word V's theirs and they always win unless you have evidence.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChildoftheAnnunaki

agree x99999999999999999999

when you come across youtube videos like this email them to your friends.

everybody hates a mass email but it is to important and not enough people recognize the problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join