It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colo. Senate Approves Illegal Immigrant Tuition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

DENVER - The Colorado Senate approved allowing illegal immigrant students to pay in-state tuition at state colleges in a 20-13 voice vote Friday.

The bill would cover students who've:

Attended a Colorado high school for at least three years
Been admitted to a state college within a year of graduation
Applied for citizenship
This would affect an estimated 700 students annually.

The way the system currently stands, illegal immigrants are not eligible for state need-based financial aid. Backers have dubbed the bill the "asset act," or the "advancing students for a stronger economy tomorrow." Democrats argue the bill will help create a more-educated workforce and would give more money to higher education. They estimate that total to be around $1.28 million.

Republicans who oppose the bill fear the bill would provide incentive for immigrant sot come to the country illegally and will lead to higher operating costs at colleges.

This really upsets me!

Will comment more later. . .

Source:
9 News
edit on 4/15/2011 by AnteBellum because: stupidity

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Not surprised in the least..........
More pandering from the government to people with no business here in the first place.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So who pays for this?
The Colorado taxpayers? Federal funds? (which means ALL taxpayers)

Basically, those that voted for this are saying they don't want to remain in office. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This whole immigration thing aggravates me so much now.

The landscaper last week told me his whole family gets to go to the hospital for free when they need to because they use fake SS#'s. Yet people like me who work have to pay not only the high cost of insurance and medical bills, but also there bills that they skip out on.
What are they trying to do with this logic!
Do all the senate members live in Arizona and commute to Colorado?
It's no wonder we are in the state we are in.

If you want to come to America DO IT LEGALLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DID BEFORE YOU!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i guess if they are going to be here anyway,illegal or not,they might as weel get an education...its better than having a bunch of uneducated illegals that will take all of our fast food jobs from us...at least this way they can get those jobs that require college graduates that are so hard for some Americans

top topics

join